Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Alukat
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Dual Wield yes,please

Beastmaster needs a natural dual wield,because he is made for single handed weapon.

Ninja (katana), THF/DNC (dagger) already have it and the 2 jobs w/o dual wield are BST (axe) and Blu (sword) atm.

if u fight something with pet it would be possible to use the 2 pdt- axes and could sub cor to add a roll for pet att+ or acc+.

i really would love to get the full potencial of bst.
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Couple of things.

1) BLU actually does get a natural-ish Dual Wield. Spell-set trait, etc.

2) Being made for single-handed weapons what...? Shields stopped existing? Should WHM get Dual Wield as well for its club skill? After all, why Whinja when you can instead go /WAR and still swing both clubs for more damage!

Sorry about that second one, slightly snarky from reading General threads, not mad at you. D:

Anyway, that being said, the job doesn't need dual-wield naturally. /NIN and /DNC are both amazing subjobs for the BST that is right up along with his pet, giving him buffs for safety (Utsusemi) or giving him an opportunity to add to the DoT as well as heal himself (Sambas, Waltzes) while maintaining two axes.
    (2)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Player
    I wouldn't mind dual wield as a natural bst job trait

I don't think it would over power the job too much...

makes about as much sense as giving blu or thf dualwield >_>
    (1)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Well with THF it's alright because double daggers are a lot more sensible than using just one. xD

Double axes, you can see using one with a shield, or just an axe. Daggers with a shield just looks silly because of the whole reach bit.

BLU gets it because it's an eclectic job, able to use a wide variety of job traits based on the monster spells set (See: Zanshin, Gilfinder, Counter, etc).
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Character
    Alukat
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    hmm WHM natural dual for DDing, SE's idea for whm was a heal job and not a DD job though

Edit: what bst would use a shield, if he can use 2 axes? snarl wtf anyway >.>
    Edit2: if i am rdm/nin and i melee then i would use sword with pdt- and genbu's shield , <3 the shield blocks ^^
    (0)
    Last edited by Alukat; 04-12-2011 at 07:34 PM.

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Yet they still made plenty of DD gear for WHM, i.e. Mauls in general, Sea Robber's/Seawolf, Reverand Mail... they even have their own individual relic and empyreal clubs made just for DDing.

Don't forget there's beneficial shields not only for the blocking but for the boosts on it (i.e. regen on Bloom Buckler, STR+ on Tatami as well as the killer effects boost, etc). Not advocating a shield build here, merely providing an argument. Personally I go /DNC or /NIN almost every time I'm on BST, so I'm usually dual wielding anyway.
    (0)

Character
    Alukat
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    and i would like to sub cor or brd for an additional buff in pt situations w/o loosing the dual wield benefits.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post
    Well with THF it's alright because double daggers are a lot more sensible than using just one. xD

Double axes, you can see using one with a shield, or just an axe. Daggers with a shield just looks silly because of the whole reach bit.

BLU gets it because it's an eclectic job, able to use a wide variety of job traits based on the monster spells set (See: Zanshin, Gilfinder, Counter, etc).
    Thief should never have got it, I understand NIN and DNC afterall they were always depicted with two weapons, and any good DNC subs NIN anyway, but Thief was just dumb.

As for BLU, they get almost all job traits, it's how they work it makes sense they get it, I just hope they never get a higher tier than what you get as /nin.
    (0)

Character
    Alukat
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Thief should never have got it, I understand NIN and DNC afterall they were always depicted with two weapons, and any good DNC subs NIN anyway, but Thief was just dumb.

As for BLU, they get almost all job traits, it's how they work it makes sense they get it, I just hope they never get a higher tier than what you get as /nin.
    so what's the difference between THF,NIN,DNC that makes nin & dnc deserve it and thf doesn't?
    is it because u play nin and dnc and u don't play/like thf?
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Alukat View Post
    so what's the difference between THF,NIN,DNC that makes nin & dnc deserve it and thf doesn't?
    is it because u play nin and dnc and u don't play/like thf?
    It's Ninja's job trait, was from more or less day one, whereas Treasure hunter is Thief's. Dancer deserved it on the basis that they have from day one of the job being introduced been depicted with dual daggers, whereas THF never was.

I play as neither one of the three, but would you like any other job to get Treasure Hunter, I think not. Every job should have their own traits.
    (0)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast