Player

A Thirst Before Time

In the quest "A Thirst Before Time" you HAVE to do an optional task of the quest "A Thirst of Eternity" to even start.
    I'm german and i take time to translate and understand informations in the game. Not to mention that you need to remember them. Now this optional tasks consists of 12-13 question a npc asks you in a LIMITED time (5 seconds each). Now there is no chance, that i can understand the english question, remember the information or look them up and chose the correct answer in the few seconds you have on each question. And i can't stand stress that easily. This is not a request to make it easier. Please remove the time limit, so i can simply finish the quest.

I'm sorry that im not born with english as my first language and that i don't have a perfect memory.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyclia; 03-07-2017 at 10:58 PM.

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    What you could do, is take a piece of paper, go to a wiki, and write down all 12-13 questions, and write their correct answers right beside them.

When you go to do the quest, have the piece of paper right in front of you, and take note of key words in each question, perhaps the last two words so that you can quickly scan over the questions and quickly find the answer that way.

You don't even need to fully translate it doing it this way, you simply "match up the pictures" kinda (only matching words instead of pictures).
    (0)

Player
    I actually started doing that.
    I also tried that often, im at 15 questions atm.
    Some answers are easy. Like when they ask for the Naakual that has dominion over beasts. And they give 3 options and only Kumhau is written right.
    Some can be checked easily, like how the place in Rala Waterways is named to grow vegetables. But when Rala Waterways were constructed, idk.
    Or "What is the name of the Matriarch Naakual?" "Kumhau, Yumcax, or ...?" Shall i lift Yumcax leafs to see it gender? Stupid.

I will continue writting down the questions and maybe the answers. My POL crashed, so i couldnt write down 1 long question.
    POL is such a pussy after all this years... . -.-
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyclia; 03-07-2017 at 11:46 PM.

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Well, I'm assuming there's a wiki page out there that has all the questions and their answers. As for how you were to know about Yumcax, I'm sure some NPC in the game mentions it somewhere, lol. It's kinda like the Level 65 uncap quest, where Maat tells you to go find 4 NPCs to trade Kindred's Seals to... and some of the facts about these NPCs are rather obtuse.

This page might help you: http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/A...t_for_Eternity

BTW, according to that, Rala Waterways were constructed 200 years ago.
    (0)

Player
    These are the questions this lucky meeow got from Ashasha in the "interactive cutscene". I couldn't finish writting down one question, because POL crashed. But people can use these and

http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/A...t_for_Eternity

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...05/detail.html

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/T...ers_of_Adoulin

to study the information and keep their emotions lower than i could.

1. What is the symbol of the Order of Woltaris?

Leaf

2. What is the name of the fountain found in Western Adoulin?

Fontis Xanira

3. Which personage is known as the archexorcist?

Vortimere

4. What is the name of the bridge connecting Eastern and Western Adoulin?

Big Bridge

5. Which Naakual has dominion over beasts?

Kumhau

6. The Celennia Library was named after an envoy named Celennia Wexworth. From which land did

?

7. Which is the current head of the Order of Adoulin?

Ygnas S. Adoulin

8. Which aspects of Adoulin‘s government does the Order of Haverton control?

Servey and Research

9. When were the Rala Waterways constructed?

200 years ago

10. What is the name of the café located in Goddess Promenade in Eastern Adoulin?

Café the Larmes

11. Which Order does Reginald head?

Couriers' Coalition

12. What is the name of the area in Rala Waterways used to grow vegetables for the populace?

Civic Arboretum

13. Which creatures can be found in Leafallia?

Leafkin

14. What is the name of the Matriarch Naakual?

Colkhab

15. What is the name of the river running through Foret the Hennetiel?

Zoldeff River

16. Which is the symbol of the Order of Karieyh?

Monkey

17. Where is the Order of Vocane located?

Peacekeepers' Coalition

18. Over which species does the Booming Naakual have dominion?

Birds

19. Sverdhried, for whom the eponymous Sverdhried Hillock was named, was a grand figure in Adoulin‘s history. What was he known as?

Father of rune fencing

20. What is the collective name of the small outlying islands rented out to pioneers?

Mog Garden

21. What aspects of Adoulin‘s government does the Order of Gorney control?

Commence and Economy

22. What group is in charge of adjusting waypoints?

Inventors' Coalition (verification needed. was more like guessing.)

23. Who is the current head of the Order of Renaye?

Ikhi Askamot
    (2)
    Last edited by Nyclia; 03-08-2017 at 10:00 AM.