Character
    Detolilla
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 34

Trust Magic in Battlefields

Hello,

I started playing FFXI a few weeks ago. i tried summoning alter-egos for "The Holy Crest" and for my Bastok 2-3 mission on the battlefields, but kept getting the message "Unable to use trust magic at this time" when I tried summoning them in the battlefields. I was not in combat at the time.

I checked the wiki on Alter Egos, and it makes it seem like I should be able to use trust magic in these quests.

http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Alter_Egos

Is there something I'm missing or misunderstanding or doing wrong?

Thank you!
    (0)

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    You require a specific key item to do so. or progress in rhapsodies.

Square is never clear on what players need to do.
    (0)
    Last edited by Domille; 03-04-2017 at 12:36 AM.

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Domille View Post
    You require a specific key item to do so. or progress in rhapsodies.

Square is never clear on what players need to do.
    You sure about that? Looking at wiki, "Rhapsody in Umber" only unlocks the Lv75 Genkai battles for Alter Egos.

@OP: Did you just form a party? You gotta wait 2 minutes after forming a party before calling trusts.

That said, if you're Lv30+ especially with Dancer sub... the silly dragon is a pushover anyways.
    (0)

Character
    Detolilla
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 34
    I didn't just form a party - and I waited about five minutes, continuing to retry once inside the battlefield and before going into combat.
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Some missions and BCNM's still don't allow you to call trusts.
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrunMN View Post
    I didn't just form a party - and I waited about five minutes, continuing to retry once inside the battlefield and before going into combat.
    I think @Jakuk probably has it right, there are still a few battles you can't use trusts in.

But thankfully, the few that remain are easily solo-able already. Just get /DNC and whittle them down until they die. Should be easy, your profile says you're a Lv34 RDM. You really shouldn't have any trouble. If you do, get Lv40 and try again. I've solo'd it as a Lv40 on a couple different melees with subpar combat skills and weak sparks gear.

With Lv35-40 and /DNC they literally cannot kill you, unless your combat skills are so low you can't hit them.
    (0)

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    This particular battlefield DOES allow you to call trusts. I just did it last week.

Also yes, it was soloable even before trust and before cap was removed. You should have no issues in 2017
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Well, back during the days when it was capped, it was solo-able, but you either needed to burn a 2hr or you needed a good melee job that could heal itself. MNK with 2h, BLU, etc.

But ya, that fight is weaksauce either way, especially now with it being uncapped. You could probably fist it to death as a whm at lv40. while naked.
    (0)

Character
    Detolilla
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 34

Thank you!

Soloing it wasn't a problem - I just wanted to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding or misusing trust magic, since the alter ego wiki entry (http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Alter_Egos) made it seem like just anybody could summon alter egos in battlefields, including the one for "The Holy Crest."

Sounds like I have to finish that rhapsody section - umber it looks like? - to be able to use trust magic in a battlefield.

Thank you.
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    What a ludicrous idea, lock Trust use in the first missions behind what they consider the last.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast