Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    What a ludicrous idea, lock Trust use in the first missions behind what they consider the last.
    Agreed, it doesn't look like the devs thought this through. Hopefully they'll read this thread and make the change in an update in the near future.
    (0)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    What a ludicrous idea, lock Trust use in the first missions behind what they consider the last.
    These are the same people that think it's reasonable to make all the good trusts only available once a year.
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrunMN View Post
    Soloing it wasn't a problem - I just wanted to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding or misusing trust magic, since the alter ego wiki entry (http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Alter_Egos) made it seem like just anybody could summon alter egos in battlefields, including the one for "The Holy Crest."

Sounds like I have to finish that rhapsody section - umber it looks like? - to be able to use trust magic in a battlefield.

Thank you.
    Rhapsody in Umber ONLY affects the Level 70 uncap fights (Maat and similar).

Those are the ONLY battles affected by this Rhapsody.

It says so in-game when you go to fight Maat, it says something like "Because of your Rhapsody in Umber, you may call trusts in this battle." .....it does not say this with any other mission fight I've seen yet.

MOST Mission fights allow you to use Trusts even without said Rhapsody. It's just, for whatever reason, they missed the 2-3 fight. But then it doesn't matter, because you don't need Trusts for that anyways.
    (0)

Character
    Detolilla
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 34
    Awesome! I just haven't progressed that far in my story missions, so I wasn't sure if that was going to continually be a problem, or if it was just a couple of rare instances like 2-3 and "The Holy Crest."
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrunMN View Post
    Awesome! I just haven't progressed that far in my story missions, so I wasn't sure if that was going to continually be a problem, or if it was just a couple of rare instances like 2-3 and "The Holy Crest."
    I can personally vouch for the ability to use Trusts in the 5-1, 5-2, and Windurst Rank7-10 mission fights. None of them mentioned the Rhapsody in Umber like the Maat fight does.

That said, you really should get Rhapsody in Umber ASAP (Lv55-60). The battle against that thing in Qufim (it looks like a chimera) can be solo'd with trusts at about that level with mild difficulty. Or just ask one of the many passing players on their way to Escha - Zi'tah to help you kill it. It's weaksauce to a Lv99 player.

Not only do you get more of those sweet Rhapsody bonuses, but you are also able to enter Escha - Zi'tah and you get another Trust out of it (Lion II).
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2