Thread: Song duration

Song duration

While there are some new song+ gear out there, some take over song duration pieces.

Can we get some more pieces that further the increase in song duration
    (0)

Player
    Song+1 also increases duration by 10%.
    (2)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Song+1 also increases duration by 10%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicycre View Post
    Hello, everyone!

Following yesterday's update for enfeebling spells, today I'd like to share the upcoming adjustments to songs in the next version update.

As mentioned previously, we'll be introducing new gear which will include the "All songs +" property.
    In addition to this, we'll be adjusting the effect from the "Song +" property.
    Specifically, instead of having this property increase different values for different songs, we'll standardize the effect to be a "+10%" increase for the following songs:
    Minne / Minuet / Madrigal / Prelude / Mambo / March (including Honor)
    We'll also raise the skill and caps on the above songs.
    Furthermore, the "Song +" property will now affect "Carol" songs as well.

These changes will increase the performance no matter which skill obi or gear is used.

Once these are implemented, we hope that you try them out with your instruments!
    no mention of duration. only those songs that normally

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...Version-Update
    This is the official update for that implementation

~~~~~~~~~
    Bard

The effects of the following songs have been increased.

Knight's Minne / Knight's Minne II / Knight's Minne III / Knight's Minne IV / Knight's Minne V /
    Valor Minuet / Valor Minuet II / Valor Minuet III / Valor Minuet IV / Valor Minuet V /
    Sword Madrigal / Blade Madrigal / Hunter's Prelude / Archer's Prelude / Sheepfore Mambo /
    Dragonfoe Mambo / Advancing March / Victory March / Honor March / Elemental Carols I /
    Elemental Carols II

The skill cap for the following songs have been raised.

Knight's Minne / Knight's Minne II / Knight's Minne III / Knight's Minne IV / Knight's Minne V /
    Valor Minuet / Valor Minuet II / Valor Minuet III / Valor Minuet IV / Valor Minuet V /
    Sword Madrigal / Blade Madrigal / Hunter's Prelude / Archer's Prelude / Sheepfore Mambo /
    Dragonfoe Mambo / Advancing March / Honor March / Elemental Carols I

The effects of the Song+ attribute found on equipment have been increased for the following songs.

Dragonfoe Mambo / Advancing March / Victory March / Honor March / Elemental Carols I /
    Elemental Carols II

The effects of the Song+ attribute found on equipment on Honor March have been decreased.
    * The overall strength of Honor March is still increased due to change in the base value of the song.

The chance for elemental damage to occasionally be absorbed through the effects of the Song+ attribute on the corresponding Elemental Carol II has been increased.
    ~~~~~~~~~~

again, no mention of dureation increase. i have been trying my brd recent and found no increase myself with song + equipment in regards to duration
    (0)
    Last edited by Songen; 03-09-2017 at 02:00 PM.

Player
    It's a basic/universal type function of the stat and I'm pretty sure it's been there since day1. Since it was unchanged there was no need to include that in the dev post or update notes. Never been 100% clear on how the duration of our debuffs was affected by song+1, but for buffs at least, it is a static duration+10% per song+1.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    It's a basic/universal type function of the stat and I'm pretty sure it's been there since day1. Since it was unchanged there was no need to include that in the dev post or update notes. Never been 100% clear on how the duration of our debuffs was affected by song+1, but for buffs at least, it is a static duration+10% per song+1.
    reading thru the summed up page of each song type (Not each song by teir but the catergory page for song type), it is stated as you said.
    every song+ equipment adds to duration, thanks for informing me
    (0)

Player
    NP. ^^ It's one of the many, many things in this game that are not obviously/immediately apparent to casual observation.
    (0)