Thread: Haste 2

Character
    Traxus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Haste 2

Is it just me, or is this spell ultimately pretty pointless? It shares the same buff slot as regular haste, so you still can't cap without a brd or geo; both of whom will cap everyones attack speed with an indi-haste or marches regardless if the party has haste 1 or 2.

Feels really crappy to bring a rdm for support if you can't even replace a brd||geo, or even let them do an extra buff in place of indi-haste/march.
    (4)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Agreed, should either make it scale based on skill or on one of the +2/+3 armors add Haste+8/Haste+14

Also I said it before, but let Haste STACK with Slow.
    (3)

It should stack with Haste 1 and Slow.

But that will never happen. Because "balance".
    (3)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raydeus View Post
    It should stack with Haste 1 and Slow.

But that will never happen. Because "balance".
    Not a bad idea having them stack, simple fix too I'd imagine.

If they really cared about Balance a DPS job like BLU wouldn't be able to cap it so easily.

As it stands RDM is screwed over by not only being the only "so called" Enhancer not being able to cap Magical Haste, but also by the fact theirs is the only one that doesn't stack with Slow, so in a LOT of cases is useless having.
    (2)
    Last edited by Jakuk; 03-02-2017 at 10:43 PM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxus View Post
    Is it just me, or is this spell ultimately pretty pointless?
    MG is 15% so if your pt has at least 1 BLU you could do haste2+ Diffusion MG to cap magic haste, then entrust haste after MG wears off. That way you don't need to waste indi bubble slot for haste. If I understand bubble duration correctly that's about 8 min of capped magic haste with 2 min window, so it works on anything that dies in less than 8 min.

Otherwise maybe have haste2+ Honor march for 43.5% magic haste and use remaining song slots for 3 attack/acc songs instead of 2, if I read wiki correctly it's still 0.25% from magic haste cap but close enough. Honestly haste2 would be so much more useful if it's 30.25% haste, but I'm not sure if haste2 is exactly 30% or if the exact haste value is never properly tested.
    (0)
    Last edited by Afania; 03-05-2017 at 01:28 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    MG is 15% so if your pt has at least 1 BLU you could do haste2+ Diffusion MG to cap magic haste, then entrust haste after MG wears off. That way you don't need to waste indi bubble slot for haste. If I understand bubble duration correctly that's about 8 min of capped magic haste with 2 min window, so it works on anything that dies in less than 8 min.

Otherwise maybe have haste2+ Honor march for 43.5% magic haste and use remaining song slots for 3 attack/acc songs instead of 2, if I read wiki correctly it's still 0.25% from magic haste cap but close enough. Honestly haste2 would be so much more useful if it's 30.25% haste, but I'm not sure if haste2 is exactly 30% or if the exact haste value is never properly tested.
    Your example would require RDM/BLU/GEO as a base which really keeps party setup pretty narrow... since you still have to have tank/healer, it's not really a healthy situation to be in :/

The exact value has been tested as 300/1024 IIRC. I think magic haste category caps at 440/1024, so basically any second source of haste other than Haste1 works to cap.

Sooooo... I have a different suggestion. Change the effect of Haste2 to grant JA haste. XD I honestly have no idea if this is technically possible, but it would give a unique place for Haste2 (and RDM by association) within our combat math. There are very, very few sources of JA haste available to us, while magic haste has plentiful sources.. Should probably be accompanied by a raise in the JA category cap to at least 30% though.. Even if Haste 1/2 still shared the buff slot, this would at least open up a few other options in job/sub party combos I'd think. Allow Temper to target party members and RDM would probably jump to FOV status.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Traxus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    If you're using blu DDs, they can already cap themselves, so even the number of people haste 2 is helping in such a pt would be pretty narrow lol.
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Allow Temper to target party members and RDM would probably jump to FOV status.
    Not when it'd come at the cost of being nerfed into the ground because of it, thus destroying one of the few buffs RDM get that are actually good.

30% Triple Attack down to ~10% Triple Attack, Just to have it party targeted is not worth it. Then it'd be a nerf for no change in people wanting them in party play.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxus View Post
    If you're using blu DDs, they can already cap themselves, so even the number of people haste 2 is helping in such a pt would be pretty narrow lol.
    What I meant is if your pt setup is something like BLU SAM RDM COR GEO WHM you could save an indi bubble slot for fury and get 8 min of capped magic haste. That's actually 3 people benefiting from haste2+ MG in the setup I mention above, assuming RDM and COR is DDing like they should.

Alternatively RDM can also do the healer slot depending on content and free up a DD slot.
    (0)
    Last edited by Afania; 03-06-2017 at 04:22 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    Not when it'd come at the cost of being nerfed into the ground because of it, thus destroying one of the few buffs RDM get that are actually good.

30% Triple Attack down to ~10% Triple Attack, Just to have it party targeted is not worth it. Then it'd be a nerf for no change in people wanting them in party play.
    I meant in combination with changing Haste2 to JA haste. XD You are probably right about them leaning towards nerfing Temper for group members, but probably more like 20% rather than 10%.. Don't you think that TA+20% & 25%-30% JA haste (in addition to it's otherwise massive toolkit) would be enough for RDM to carve out it's own niche nowadays?
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast