Thread: Haste 2

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Don't you think that TA+20% & 25%-30% JA haste (in addition to it's otherwise massive toolkit) would be enough for RDM to carve out it's own niche nowadays?
    Or rather, it'd turn RDM into another job like SCH or COR, even people with absolutely minimal gear could still contribute meaningfully.

I don't know how'd other RDM feel about this tbh. Before GEO nerf the job requires extremely high playing skill/gear to worth invite over another job. Then the standard kinda lowered with addle II/Frazzle III being a lot more relevant post geo nerf, I feel it's kinda in the right spot in terms of reward:effort ratio atm. If those spells gets adjustment you'd just see a bandwagon of RDM army only make an enhancing magic skill set and start doing endgame on it, like how people come COR with just a roll set, or near naked SCH just to make SC.

Not to mention triple attack went down to 20% is a massive nerf to RDM DPS itself, why would anyone want that lol.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    Or rather, it'd turn RDM into another job like SCH or COR, even people with absolutely minimal gear could still contribute meaningfully.

I don't know how'd other RDM feel about this tbh. Before GEO nerf the job requires extremely high playing skill/gear to worth invite over another job. Then the standard kinda lowered with addle II/Frazzle III being a lot more relevant post geo nerf, I feel it's kinda in the right spot in terms of reward:effort ratio atm. If those spells gets adjustment you'd just see a bandwagon of RDM army only make an enhancing magic skill set and start doing endgame on it, like how people come COR with just a roll set, or near naked SCH just to make SC.

Not to mention triple attack went down to 20% is a massive nerf to RDM DPS itself, why would anyone want that lol.
    I don't see lowering the skill reqs for general use as a bad thing, and it would still take skill to play optimally. It would still be just as easy to pick out the bandwagoners as spotting those roll-only CORs or nekkid SCHs. Jobs get bandwagoned because the job is good btw. XD Given how RDM has kinda lost it's niche nowadays, it can't possibly be a bad thing if it was worth bandwagoning.

Self-TA -10% in exchange for Party-TA +20% sounds like a good deal to me tbh. :x If it was also accompanied by my JA haste idea (which would mean that it always works regardless of group setup and allow ALL jobs to cap delay reduction regardless of subjob) then I think RDM would be ahead of the game.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I meant in combination with changing Haste2 to JA haste. XD You are probably right about them leaning towards nerfing Temper for group members, but probably more like 20% rather than 10%.. Don't you think that TA+20% & 25%-30% JA haste (in addition to it's otherwise massive toolkit) would be enough for RDM to carve out it's own niche nowadays?
    Not really, unless the Temper cap was when party targeted only, that or add Enhances "Temper" effect received to a piece of AF (Hello Emp+3) to add that extra back, I don't see why RDM's already limited melee skill should be nerfed for it, after all it's one of the basis' for their lack of good armour.

Surely Haste II being allowed to break the magical cap, but still be locked at 80% would make more sense than a spell giving JA Haste.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jakuk; 03-08-2017 at 04:41 PM.

Self-TA -10% in exchange for Party-TA +20% sounds like a good deal to me tbh. :x
    No.

The way to do it (if you really must) is keeping it the same when cast on self and reducing the effect to 1/2 (or 1/3) when cast on others. Also, the next Empy Reforge steps should increase the set bonus to +75% total for the +2 set and +100% for +3 set. Not like I'll ever get it mind you (will probably never get KIs from vagary), but for those RDM that are interested in playing in groups it would be a nice bonus considering RDMs need to cast buffs individually.

Then they need to make RDM enf spells have a high chance to resist full erase TP moves based on enfeebling skill over 500, because from what I've read the are too many end game mobs that just full erase all enfeebs so often it makes casting them almost as pointless as when mobs were just flat out immune to them. And that's without even considering how trivial the effects of Slow, Para, Dia, etc. are to begin with in their current values.

And finally, instead of making Haste II JA haste they should decrease the magic haste cap to 40% or 415/1024 (after making Haste 1 and 2 stack) and give melee jobs more JA haste options:

-NIN should get an AoE Haste JA at lvl 35 that gave 5% Haste and scaled to 10% by lvl 99, and that generated a substantial amount of enmity (equal to Provoke) when used, with a duration/recast timer of 1:30 (like Samba.) As a sub this JA's Haste could be locked at 5% and be self target only without enmity gain.

-DNC Haste Samba merits should give 2% per rank instead of 1%.

-WAR's Warcry should give 5-10% JA Haste as well, but not when subbed.

-COR's Blitzer's should be changed to JA Haste instead of reduced delay like it currently is.

-MNK Footwork +5% JA Haste (self only, just like Last Resort for DRK)

And while I'm probably missing some jobs I think you get the idea by now.
    (0)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

5. 03-09-2017 10:30 AM

Quote Originally Posted by shantaru View Post
    i will never understand how all this math is correct and SE refuses to embrace the fact they have ruined life for all us having rdm main since old level cap 75 days. It sad to see Dev team claim all can or will play a vital role and yet RDM even now is considered nearly impossible to correct to melee or be even wanted in any h tier battle. RDM is one of the main jobs that came out 1st in this game and should have it place as the enhancer again. What is the point of RDM being in 6/6 with such time restrictions if RDM cant do mid/heavy dam in some range as a blue mage? Why is BLU able to do everything that RDM is told can even do half? BLU can cap own haste? Why can RDM get some love? more than what been offered that still leaves rdm out of the game 90% or more
    rdm is jack of all trades. its DD value is suppose to be present, however its not ment to be in the high DD catergory. having said that, i have seen some rdm's pump out some pretty impressive numbers for DD. you have to gear it right tho for that.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by shantaru View Post
    i will never understand how all this math is correct and SE refuses to embrace the fact they have ruined life for all us having rdm main since old level cap 75 days. It sad to see Dev team claim all can or will play a vital role and yet RDM even now is considered nearly impossible to correct to melee or be even wanted in any h tier battle. RDM is one of the main jobs that came out 1st in this game and should have it place as the enhancer again. What is the point of RDM being in 6/6 with such time restrictions if RDM cant do mid/heavy dam in some range as a blue mage? Why is BLU able to do everything that RDM is told can even do half? BLU can cap own haste? Why can RDM get some love? more than what been offered that still leaves rdm out of the game 90% or more
    The only fight I really don't fit in on rdm is Schah, even then I can haste 2 an entire ally of 18 people and have time to take a nap. I do think that the magical haste on all jobs but rdm has got out of control.

In my opinion to fix rdm,

SE would need to nerf it's dps, way too high when geared right, it shouldn't be dealing the mass amount of dmg it can. No, that doesn't mean a sparks geared rdm spamming cdc is a dd.

SE STILL needs to fix para proc rate, raise poision/dia/bio DoT, raise the potency of the dia/bio status effects from 15% to at least 20%. Add in magic def to dia, magic attack to bio.

Outside that, either nerf the living crap out of all the other jobs magical haste or give rdm accessionable haste 3 or hastega 3. Brd, blu, geo can all hit AoE versions of haste and geo and brd can both cap magic haste
    (0)
    Last edited by Thorva; 03-10-2017 at 08:19 AM.
    Seriously, stop pretending you are the top DD, you really aren't. Quoting bg-wiki all over the place makes you a parrot, not a God.

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Finally looked like they might be adding gear to buff enhancing.

MND+7 Magic Accuracy+15 Enhancing magic effect +10
    But nope, actually enfeebling.
    (0)

I'm a solo RDM so the only thing for me in this update is the Warmachine mount. Everything else requires other people and punishes you for even trying to solo it so I wont even bother.

Though unfortunately I'm running out of quests and soloable stuff so while I ended up not cancelling my sub this month at this rate I don't think I'll play for more than a couple more months. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    (0)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Shantaru
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    SE refused to fix rdm in any way short of gimp still. This is why i feel SE has been leading us on a long time with hope to melee in end game with haste II, temper II. If rdm cannot support and parse with its enfeebles working for all I dont really see how a rdm/nin or any rdm can ever be in this end game and enjoy fun with friends. Leaving RDM as is leaves rdm as nothing more than wieghted stone around neck!

The FFXI stubborn player base would say and for good reason that RDM brings nothing to the table. YOU CANT COME! so now all can do is level blu and be one of the mass minions. This is after you spent 1500mil easy trying to fix rdm best one could only to realize you will NEVER BE WANTED IN THIS endGAME.

Thanks alot SE for making rdm in ff14 before you EVER FIX THIS CRAP JOB you intentionally ruin for us all who loved it and PAID to play the job as main in misery for years! SE you betray all of us RDM in this game! I was told long ago... "If want be a hero you got to have dreams!". SE kills all dreams of a future for rdm.

Now im just waiting to see if some of the actually ideas posted on how to try fix rdm on forums will be used to better SE's new ff14 rdm. We expect this because it not like all dont agree SE took some best ideas to fix rdm we posted and made there new GEO that has no issues to deal with and has taken the place of rdm in all ways.

a job worth doing is a job worth doing right! no honor! no glory! do the honorable thing SE and do what you promised! this is simple math at this point and rdm fails at it! Show us you still can count and fix rdm who is the BIG ZERO in this game
    (0)
    Last edited by shantaru; 06-22-2017 at 03:04 PM.

11. 06-22-2017 03:06 PM

Character
    Shantaru
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    thorva just because you have some team of gods that lets you leech a spot in this game does not mean you know anything about rdm and i dont want take nap on rdm. Your post are retarded and ill say it as parrot 100000 time for you. Mean people suck and i hate leeches.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast