Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Domille View Post
    No, it wouldn't.

Square has officially stated things about TH, it doesn't have any lasting effect on players. You still get people using Theif's knife while naked on KB.
    Its not for people that don't care. I honestly pull out a ingame chair and watch in amazment of people fighting KB for ten minutes when it should be done in 10 seconds. people will over all continue to do stupid things
    Its more for those actually attempting to be a better player, honestly i don't want to have to come to this forum to state something or ask a question that really should be on BG or wiki wiki because the answer is hidden in a old official forum page # 136 of a post that hasn't been touched in 4 years
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Songen View Post
    honestly i don't want to have to come to this forum to state something or ask a question that really should be on BG or wiki wiki because the answer is hidden in a old official forum page # 136 of a post that hasn't been touched in 4 years
    ^^
    This.

The wikis are so... spotty, and even BG-wiki is filled with redlinks about Post-RoV content, it's like... how are we supposed to know anything, lol.

And yes, some questions on forums get answered by SE staff... but again.. they get buried and the newbie is NOT going to know where to look for this information.

Like, for example this very thread. I did a search on both ffxiclopedia and bgwiki and not one of them had any kind of info over what stats apply on off-hand and what stats do not. You'd think that could be added under the Dual Wield page... but nope, it ain't there.

I can understand ffxiclopedia being sorely out of date... but bg-wiki? Yeesh.

Though I've tried creating a user account on ffxiclopedia, but the website itself doesn't even work in that area.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Domille View Post
    No, it wouldn't.

Square has officially stated things about TH, it doesn't have any lasting effect on players. You still get people using Theif's knife while naked on KB.
    They literally spent over 30min explaining how KB/D.ring works and how TH does not affect guaranteed drop slots, and people still want to believe otherwise. Just like the directional crafters (who angrily disregard Matsui saying it has zero effect in the last AMA), those who believe that placing all GP furnishings give a stacking bonus (even though they added a KI category to show which single bonus you are getting) and those who believe that the crafting cheers give skill+1% instead of the confirmed effect of skill gain rate... That last one is a translation error and it's rate in the JP client IIRC, but it counts as something that some insist on believing regardless of logic or game mechanics.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    ^^
    This.

The wikis are so... spotty, and even BG-wiki is filled with redlinks about Post-RoV content, it's like... how are we supposed to know anything, lol.

And yes, some questions on forums get answered by SE staff... but again.. they get buried and the newbie is NOT going to know where to look for this information.

Like, for example this very thread. I did a search on both ffxiclopedia and bgwiki and not one of them had any kind of info over what stats apply on off-hand and what stats do not. You'd think that could be added under the Dual Wield page... but nope, it ain't there.

I can understand ffxiclopedia being sorely out of date... but bg-wiki? Yeesh.

Though I've tried creating a user account on ffxiclopedia, but the website itself doesn't even work in that area.
    BGwiki is still active and if you run into a red link / missing info and you know the answer, then add it. It's how that stuff gets fixed since only stuff like stats can be data-mined.
    Since I came back a couple years ago, I've had the feeling that the reason that 'clopedia is out of date is mainly due to that particular problem. ^^;;

I've been posting suggestions for consolidated official information stickys, (and requests regarding what we get from the Freshly Picked webcasts,) but haven't gotten any bites yet from the devs. You could try doing the same.. maybe if we get enough activity, the devs might at least be made aware that we want it.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2