Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Cleaning up/removing/combining

So uh, I think we've gotten to a point where there might be a little too much wasted space.

I was looking for my go to food on the AH, realizing that if my go to is gone, and my stand by is gone, I simply won't bother with alternatives.

Do we really need 40 different sushis that all do relatively the same thing? Is anyone going to buy the sushi that gives less acc, but has some gimmick like resist sleep? Not really. Only if the better sushi is gone, or this one is dramatically cheaper for cheapskates.

Can't we just simplify things, and make maybe 2-3 total sushi? "fish" sushi, "pod" sushi etc? I mean honestly, I get that we have 500 fish, but maybe we don't need that anymore. A generic "fish sushi" that can be made with any substitute fish that gives all the gimmick benefits with the highest (or new higher) acc value.

It's just pointless to have 50 items that do basically the same thing. This goes for sushi, meats, sweets. Everything really.

I feel like this benefits everyone. We don't need 3 different types of reisen stone, we just need a smaller augment pool. We don't need 5 different omen scales that do the same things for sets of jobs. We don't need 22 different cards for each job individually, a generic "job card" that works for all 22 would've been fantastic. We don't need 42 mog storage slips, just a better system that holds it all. We don't need all this old stuff that became irrelevant. It's wasted space/loading time/code that could be better used.
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    You're asking the dev's to go through and "delete" what you feel is 'old'? This would have dramatic effects on the games economy and mechanics.

What about cooking/crafting? People cook lower stat/level food to skill up on. They couldn't just make Sublime Sushi from the get go.
    What about 'older food' that is used in quests/missions?

I don't think the issue of food as an example is really that bothersome for the populous as a whole. I would also imagine it would be rock bottom of the list of priorities for SE as it would cause too much work, for no real reward.
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I feel that it's too late to fix it now, given all of the interdependencies between items, quests, etc.

But really I'd have to ask... "What were they thinking!?"

When Treasures came out, did they really have to duplicate the whole stinkin' fish list, to add new fish that were essentially the same, but named different? Such as Cobalt Jellyfish and Denzisansi (or however you spell that). Both fish are used for the exact same thing, but yet they felt we needed yet ANOTHER fish, lol.

The OP has a point, but sadly what she's proposing cannot be easily done. They've dug themselves yet another hole they can't get back out of, and man this game just inundates you with junk left and right that heavy use of wikis are all-but required because you don't know what any of the tens of thousands of unique items are Actually used for.

And you know, there's still items that are not on the wiki that I still don't know if I need.
    (1)

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    You're asking the dev's to go through and "delete" what you feel is 'old'? This would have dramatic effects on the games economy and mechanics.

What about cooking/crafting? People cook lower stat/level food to skill up on. They couldn't just make Sublime Sushi from the get go.
    What about 'older food' that is used in quests/missions?

I don't think the issue of food as an example is really that bothersome for the populous as a whole. I would also imagine it would be rock bottom of the list of priorities for SE as it would cause too much work, for no real reward.
    Yeah it would take some effort, But i mean honestly, deleting doesn't take time, creating does. Instead of creating more of the same, they could stop now...

Would it really be such a bad thing if sublime sushi was level 70 to craft and all other sushi was eliminated? Keeping maybe 2 "kinds" of sushi around. Instead of thirty? There really doesn't need to be 50 "meat steak" items either. Do we really need 80 different kinds of cookies for HMP? Whens the last time someone ate a cookie for HMP... 2007?

We could trim shit down pretty dramatically.

And that's just one example, like she said, there was no reason to duplicate every single fish.

And the reward would be less server load, so yes, there is a reward for getting rid of useless code.
    (0)
    Last edited by Domille; 03-02-2017 at 02:08 AM.

the point for them for making same fish but renaming was for storyline thing as aht urghan, nowadays its pointless, yes, however back then it wasn't.

don't forget alot of items are used for people skilling up which people still do.

as for deleting being easier than creating, the answer is no it isn't easier, infact its harder because your dealing with a massive game.
    When you want to delate a piece of code, you gotta removing all the links to that code and redirect it to somewhere else. you break the fish, the ingredients, the crafting, the information, auction houses, NPCs, any attached missions such as campaign ops. coffers that drop it, mog garden, current stock on people, not to mention all values,locations,etc,etc,etc. you have to make sure you get it all done right or it'll cause errors, potentually massive errors, for farming, fishing, crafting, eating,battles, and even the auction houses, etc etc etc.

Creating something just means you make new links, so your free to decide yourself, breaking something means you need to redirect all the other code connected to it, while they probably have a program for finding most connects, if theres 1000 links/connections for 1 item, you got alot of work ahead of you, let alone removing 50-100 items totally.

however if they decided to block a item, thats a different story, since all links leading to that item imediently can be redirected somewhere else or the game recognises it as not useable or unseeable
    (2)