Chocobo Mount Woes.

I was wondering if someone could help me with this issue. I've posted it twice as a bug, but I can't summon my Chocobo at all. I have the whistle still and have tried trading it to the NPC, but that hasn't helped. I also have her VCS Card still, but not sure if that'd even help.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    I was wondering if someone could help me with this issue. I've posted it twice as a bug, but I can't summon my Chocobo at all. I have the whistle still and have tried trading it to the NPC, but that hasn't helped. I also have her VCS Card still, but not sure if that'd even help.
    Have you done the Mount Quest?
    If you have, have you tried registering the Whistle with the mount NPC?

Does your whistle still have charges?

Have you tried trading the whistle to your nations Chocobo NPC?
    (0)

Player
    Does the whistle work as originally intended? Can you call chocobo as a non-/mount?

I looked up your bug report and am confused myself as to why it got moved to WAI.. Maybe try reposting w/ specific zone/pos data? Gotta give the devs enough info for the steps to be reproduceable or it gets round-filed by default. Maybe at a Jeuno connected zone line so the location is easy for them to verify.. Pinpointing as many potential variables ahead of time makes it simpler for them to test for and resolve problems like this.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 02-20-2017 at 07:09 PM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Quote Originally Posted by Teraniku View Post
    Have you done the Mount Quest?
    If you have, have you tried registering the Whistle with the mount NPC?

Does your whistle still have charges?

Have you tried trading the whistle to your nations Chocobo NPC?
    I've completed the quest and have most of the mounts, I also have never used a charge on the whistle itself. I can try trading the whistle to the starting nations later to see what it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Does the whistle work as originally intended? Can you call chocobo as a non-/mount?

I looked up your bug report and am confused myself as to why it got moved to WAI.. Maybe try reposting w/ specific zone/pos data? Gotta give the devs enough info for the steps to be reproduceable or it gets round-filed by default. Maybe at a Jeuno connected zone line so the location is easy for them to verify.. Pinpointing as many potential variables ahead of time makes it simpler for them to test for and resolve problems like this.
    I tried yesterday to summon Amberbec with the whistle itself and she won't come, it's just extremely weird. I was originally able to summon her when I got her as a mount, and had no problems. Just suddenly she stopped working.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I was on a year+ hiatus, had a partially charged whistle.

Traded it to Mapitoto and BAM. Chocobo Mount received.

*shrug*

Try trading it to the nations or maybe try getting a new whistle?
    (0)

So, Update: I managed to fix the problem.

It seem at some point I had traded another egg to be raised and it was ready to be sent off to the Farm. I took the VCS Card for Amberbec to the Stables and traded it to the attendant to register as the chocobo to be my summoned mount, and she can now be used again for travel. So, Yay, problem solved~!! Hope this helps anyone else that might have had a similar situation as I did.
    (0)