Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    You can pick the frigicites up without actually killing the mobs? I assumed that they work like any other KI that comes from a ???, those are usually tied to require you to kill the mob first, lol.
    (0)

Player
    Bahamut still pretty much lively since last time there, on latest free login campaign, if you want to check it out.

The game wasn't that hard to go by, although there are several mission that might require certain job to get by, or at least help from other players. Community feels great back when I started this, which is quite late for FF11 time-span. And that was even before we have Trust system (where you get shadow copy of FF11 heroes as your party member) and numerous content bonus buffs since Rhapsodies of Vana'diel introduced.

Small tip for me would be unlocking Wings of the Goddess expansion and get Dancer job as soon as you can since this would help you greatly since you can sneak/invisible and healing without expenses, iirc might need certain level requirement (either 15 or 30) on your 1st job though. And if someone can help you do bosses on Rhapsodies, the unlocked bonus would even help more since one of them are adding total number of Trust npc you can summon.
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbinT View Post
    Bahamut still pretty much lively since last time there, on latest free login campaign, if you want to check it out.

The game wasn't that hard to go by, although there are several mission that might require certain job to get by, or at least help from other players. Community feels great back when I started this, which is quite late for FF11 time-span. And that was even before we have Trust system (where you get shadow copy of FF11 heroes as your party member) and numerous content bonus buffs since Rhapsodies of Vana'diel introduced.

Small tip for me would be unlocking Wings of the Goddess expansion and get Dancer job as soon as you can since this would help you greatly since you can sneak/invisible and healing without expenses, iirc might need certain level requirement (either 15 or 30) on your 1st job though. And if someone can help you do bosses on Rhapsodies, the unlocked bonus would even help more since one of them are adding total number of Trust npc you can summon.
    Dancer, like all extra jobs, requires Level 30 to unlock. But then, to get Dancer, you need to get to Jeuno (getting past level 35-ish aggressive mobs) and having the Mount Quest done (Level 20 required) to get past the Level 45+ aggressive mobs in Batallia Downs [S].

But yes. Dancer is VERY important to the first-time soloist to get to Level 99. It offers Dual-Wield, Self-Healing with TP, and free Sneak and Invisible that will not aggro Arcana and Elemental type mobs.

I'm not saying it is the best sub for everything, but it is rather attractive to the solo player especially getting their first Lv99.

The first Rhapsodies mission can easily be done solo (you just need to get 3 easy-to-farm/buy items) and go to Mhaura/Selbina. Said quest allows you to skip the normal subjob quest, even! The second Rhapsodies mission can either be done solo at Lv55/60 or, done earlier with someone to help you through it. It merely requires getting to Jeuno safely and getting your mount quest done (again, Lv20). The +60% XP gains and the ability to call out 4 Trusts, though, is indeed nice. And there really isn't a lot of cutscenes or running around involved.

As an added bonus, it adds Escha - Zi'Tah to your list of leveling options, which is an OK place to level (so long as you can afford Mollifiers.....) from Lv55ish clear to 99 (again, assuming you don't run out of silt).

EDIT: I forgot something, I think the 2nd Rhapsodies mission requires Nation Rank 3, which is easily gotten at Lv30 solo.
    (0)
    Last edited by Aysha; 03-02-2017 at 03:22 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    You can pick the frigicites up without actually killing the mobs? I assumed that they work like any other KI that comes from a ???, those are usually tied to require you to kill the mob first, lol.
    Yes, you can grab those KIs w/o killing the mobs. It's now like a less-than-10min ordeal thanks to the mount system. XD (When I did it back in the day, I actually ran w/ a multi-alliance JP group to zerg them down, and there were deaths.... Things have indeed changed lol)
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    Dancer, like all extra jobs, requires Level 30 to unlock. But then, to get Dancer, you need to get to Jeuno (getting past level 35-ish aggressive mobs) and having the Mount Quest done (Level 20 required) to get past the Level 45+ aggressive mobs in Batallia Downs [S].

But yes. Dancer is VERY important to the first-time soloist to get to Level 99. It offers Dual-Wield, Self-Healing with TP, and free Sneak and Invisible that will not aggro Arcana and Elemental type mobs.
    Thx for adding that up.

I also forgot to mention that you might only need to grind DNC up to level 49 and use it as sub-job to benefit from most of self-survival skills. I only bothered to grind DNC to cap much... much later when I already got some jobs capped. Mind you, DNC itself has it's own beneficial, but I was never a dedicated DNC myself.

Another reason is for starters, you will have very limited space storage until you have means to upgrade and/or having optional storage, and you would need alot of sneak & invisible pots to help on your journey, at least from what I remember back then, might get way easier now that we have Trust system & other bonuses from Rhapsodies.
    (0)

Character
    Flamecrest
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Relic View Post
    Hello!

Just bought the game on Steam, and ->new player<- here. I'm shaking off the "green" in Fenrir, and it looks like the english population is low / non-existent for my choice of starting in Bastok.

I've been reading that many people solo...and well ... I was looking more for coordinated groups to become a part of.

So, what remaining groups are active, which server, what times?

I have no problem creating a new character on a different server.
    Hello and welcome to FFXI.

My main character/job is based on the Asura server. The server has a nice population with a friendly and helpful community.
    (0)
    Flamecrest: Warrior/Samurai on Asura

Character
    Jimbobjunior
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 75
    Hey mate, looking for a good LS and for some guidance. Returned after a LOOONG absence. Hit me up in game?

Quote Originally Posted by BobbinT View Post
    Thx for adding that up.

I also forgot to mention that you might only need to grind DNC up to level 49 and use it as sub-job to benefit from most of self-survival skills. I only bothered to grind DNC to cap much... much later when I already got some jobs capped. Mind you, DNC itself has it's own beneficial, but I was never a dedicated DNC myself.

Another reason is for starters, you will have very limited space storage until you have means to upgrade and/or having optional storage, and you would need alot of sneak & invisible pots to help on your journey, at least from what I remember back then, might get way easier now that we have Trust system & other bonuses from Rhapsodies.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbob View Post
    Hey mate, looking for a good LS and for some guidance. Returned after a LOOONG absence. Hit me up in game?
    Sorry. Would love to, I'm currently inactive and only returns during free login campaign, still focusing in FF14. ^^;

You can at least try reaching Buicat/Builove, she's usually hanging up at either front of Port Windurst's moghouse, or Lower Jeuno at front of AH. Hope she can help you with what you need.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2