Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Emporox and their wares...

Family member has been capped at 75 merits for... awhile now, and I will soon be joining her.

We're almost done with RoV, which means we will have access to Emporox soon. On inspiration, I wiki'd the list of wares and I really don't understand...

Can someone tell me why the stupid goblin sells Level 97 and Lv99 with no i-level armor (without I-level!) for 250 merit points? lol. You can't even GET to that goblin without the entirety of RoV done (which requires I-level gear; you're not gonna be beating the Cloud of Darkness with <Lv99 stuff), so what's the point in having the Goblin selling junk that you would never have a use for? And 250 merits, is the cherry on top -- not only does it appear to be useless, it is also rather expensive.

I looked at the armors in question, I don't even think they would serve as vanity sets as a lot of the pieces use the same graphics as other armor.

The one armor I was HOPING to see on the goblin (Tessera Saio) isn't, which makes no sense because your character is wearing it in several RoV cutscenes. It would have just plain made sense to put it on the goblin........but they didn't.
    (0)

Player
    Don't forget about the entry fees to unlock the various teirs of purchaseable items XD Think you only need.. 2x eyepatches to fully unlock the einherjar drops. ^^;; In addition to the insane merit prices, you will have an amazingly long grind ahead of you if you intend to unlock everything.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Yeesh.

I just can't wrap my head around the selection of goods that the goblin sells, for the work you gotta do to get TO that goblin, AND unlock said wares.

That's like, I don't know, making you kill a Lv99 boss and it drops a Lv10 piece of armor. It just doesn't make any sense. I mean, sure, if this goblin had been available a lot earlier, and was implemented during a time Pre-Adoulin, then yeah I would understand that its just outdated content, but...

RoV came after Adoulin. Now, my knowledge of what came before what is a little sketchy, but I was playing for a brief time while Seekers was around, but before RoV was released and I had 117 Sparks gear on a couple of my jobs.

So I know this goblin was implemented after I-Level was a thing.

So why are several of the goblin's wares <Item Level again? One would think "vanity", but yet from checking some of the actual items, it doesn't look to be the case, because there are other, easier to get pieces that have the same model. So, it's not vanity...

It leaves me very confused and scratching my head as it just plain doesn't make any sense. And seriously, 25k merits for Skirmish gear that you can easily solo at 119... lolololol.

EDIT: Actually nevermind, those aren't even Skirmish... they're Lv95-ish voidwatch junk, lol.
    (0)
    Last edited by Aysha; 02-25-2017 at 09:38 AM.

Player
    It seems to be primarily annoyingly rare drop equipment that is difficult to obtain even today, many years later since they were released. Honestly, I'd say don't worry about using the stored merits on junk. XD It's a rather silly option to spend merits on for the most part, but other than those, it's just master trials..
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    It seems to be primarily annoyingly rare drop equipment that is difficult to obtain even today, many years later since they were released. Honestly, I'd say don't worry about using the stored merits on junk. XD It's a rather silly option to spend merits on for the most part, but other than those, it's just master trials..
    I doubt those are solo-able? Maybe Very Easy, but does Very Easy actually drop anything?

I've been trying to get a Pentalagus Charm, but after 10+ orbs on Normal (I tried VE and E, and then Normal... I don't think we can go any higher without getting killed) with no equipment drops of any sort, I'm rather convinced that equipment never drops on anything short of Difficult.

Which is kinda silly, because it's like "why did they bother with a difficulty setting if the lower difficulties never yield actual rewards?"

I'm assuming the Merit Point fights are the same.
    (0)

Player
    Master Trials are not what you think they are. :x They are special fights that only job masters are allowed in, are very difficult, only reward a title & cosmetic item, and you buy the entry KIs for them w/ the merits stored on the gobbie (which are actually called "Potpourri" in the currencies tab.)

If you are thinking about High-Tier Battlefields, you buy those KIs with actual merits not potpourri. And yes, drop rates on anything below Difficult are abysmal.. I always figured it was a way to encourage people to group up for the higher difficulty fights.
    (0)