Player

Campaigns only for the majority...

I understand that people do Campaigns like Vagary and Walk of Echos.
    But why do player like me get forgotten?

I want to do the Afterglow quest for my first mythic weapon as it was originally intended.
    I even get called crazy, dedicated from few or one, to try to get 150 Mulcibar's Scoria from Pandemonium Warden.
    Why is it easier to do Ambuscade and get 10k items instead of doing the original afterglow quests?
    My opinion is that it would make more sense to reduce the amount of alex needed for mythics to 10k and scoria needed for afterglow to 50.

When did Square Enix abandon parts of the roots of the game? The quests.

Why are they just adding easier quests, instead of simplifying the original existing ones.

I still want to get the option, to reforge the Salvage armor sets. And i had a fucking hard time to get them to 75 and later to 99 with damn low support from people since their release. They are the sets with the best style. And they and their stats sure would be awesome as Ilvl 119. I mean, they are the original. Before the cheap Ambuscade set copies.

Is everything just sacrificed to economic procedures and to the money?

Feel free to mention other content you think that are forgotten also.

I will only give up the hope when the game ends for good! meeow~ m<(o.O)"M~~~
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyclia; 02-14-2017 at 10:23 PM.

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    So you want to do it the original way... Yet you want it made easier, that's why people use Ambuscade, that's exactly what it does, makes it easier.
    (1)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I don't understand, you want to make Mythics easier, which is noble I guess but unnecessary. Yeah more Mythics would be made but then Beitetsu prices would be driven up to compensate and Alexandrite prices would fall. So nothing really changes except now casual players can't farm Salvage for gil as effectively.

And your proposed Scoria reduction for the old Afterglow path would do nothing because it's still a stupid way to make an Afterglow that has no place in 2017 FFXI.
    (0)

Player
    It's something else to reduce the amount of items needed for an already existing quest, than to implement a whole new quest and content.
    And now Square Enix implements new crafted items, that get very close to the final mythic stage. Is speed all that matters now? To make money as fast as possible and just buy your stuff, than doing the quests for them? Sad.

And if they keep doing new campaigns for other content, why don't they start an event for Pandemonium? Like garantied 2-3 drop, instead of 1-2 rarely? Is it that unthinkable? That would help alot.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyclia; 02-15-2017 at 08:22 PM.

Character
    Smokenttp
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Well as you already said you want to do it this way for difficulty (or rather for the experience) so why lower it in the first place? i did the same for my first mythic and to be honest i only started the seccound one because i tought nyzul campaing would be worth something for alexandrites but in the end it sucked for alexandrite, however it was amazing for znm trophies / pandemonium warden pops / znm trials and after realizing that i managed to get enough gil to buy the alexandrite for the secound one. why i am tellign this? well because it took me around 2 months to make the first one and around 3 weeks for the secound, the difference was huge i could barely feel it when i did the 2nd one so i know where you are coming from, but as an owner of 2 mythics it would piss me off alot if i "wasted" 40k alexandrites that could be worth another 4 weapons in only 2 and that is only on my personal feelings about this matter let alone, as det said, the impact over the server economy. Also i dont have nearly as much free time as i had in the past to waste on huge quests like this (even tough they are worth it) anymore, but the major time sinks was most of then solved by raphsodies of vanadiel (wich altough didnt change the difficulty of the quests it reduced time sinks so the weapons could be completed on a more resonable time, since most content difficulty was reduced when we got over lvl 75 anyway so tecnicaly you will never fully experience the extreme difficulty that those quests once where in the first place) so i think the quests are fine the way they curently are specially with ambuscade injecting materials for then in the economy constantly (but i like the ideia for a pandemonium warden doble drop event tough it could go very well with the unchrated nyzul one as its pretty easy to grab t3 , t4 and even pandemonium keys on it anyway as long as you spam it and know what you are doing, but the major time sink will still be alexandrites anyway so they could also do something about it on nyzul isle event like including linen punches as garanted drops on every boss floor as oposed to only on floor 100 that would be great)
    (0)
    Last edited by Smokenttp; 02-16-2017 at 03:09 AM.