high tier old content fights

After the implementation of the current update that reverted geo's magic acc/evasion, the update which was included in the geo update to weaken mobs to bring inline with game quality of game play needed didn't affect high teir old content fights since they aren't part of adoulin/escha/reisei/legion but are part of the older areas.Looking at the update page, it would suggest since its adoulin/escha/reisei/legion zones that had mobs weakened, most high teir old content fights missed out.

Can we confirm if High teir fights were affected?
    If not, can we have these high tier fights adjusted in line to the adoulin weakening adjustment please?
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Why?

Most are soloable (even without trusts in some cases).
    (0)

i am talking about VD fights, and mainly aimed at avatar fights because of their high damage AoE's, the reason is in the other post
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Songen View Post
    i am talking about VD fights, and mainly aimed at avatar fights because of their high damage AoE's, the reason is in the other post
    If you check General Discussion, there's a thread over there where they are saying it is absolutely broken. No Scherzo/Wards = Death from the sounds of what they're saying.

Probably an oversight on SE's part.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    If you check General Discussion, there's a thread over there where they are saying it is absolutely broken. No Scherzo/Wards = Death from the sounds of what they're saying.

Probably an oversight on SE's part.
    thing about most of those threads, they don't actually try, most based their thoughts on the fact that they don't want to try, not because they have already tried, and if they have tried 1 or 2 times, they normally gave up because more than likely didn't do something right. usually taking really shitty geared people, honestly people don't even understand what sherzo does, yet will say it doesn't work (Not because they tried but because they don't want geo reverted), take the cactuar in reisei, most groups i went with at the start just aimed to zerg it only before it poped 99,999 needles and those groups usually failed. i then later made a group, took a brd, poped sherzo, we not only took the 99,999 dmg, it bearly scratched us, and yes, that 99,999 dmg is spread out between everyone and is not decreased by magic souces, but that is what makes this game, seeing what makes something hard, and changing your tactics to suit the situation, you don't even need to take brd, you can take smn since titan has the same move.

Getting back on track. since i wrote my book just now, i only made this thread as a way to confirm if there is a misvalue towards those fights, or if SE intended to leave this content out over all or if it is in line with the weakness update. whether it helps people or not is irelevent
    (0)

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    If you adjust the game to make things that were easy, insanely difficult. You're going backwards.

The objective of all square for the past 12 years was make it hard > adjust it to make it easier.

Along with the vex attune nerf, the ENTIRE game from level 0 worms, to level 150 albumen needed to be adjusted. They dropped the ball yet again. (unsurprising.) You don't get to pick and choose. If you adjust a game breaking "bug" you have to adjust the ENTIRE game to compensate, not just select areas.
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Domille View Post
    If you adjust the game to make things that were easy, insanely difficult. You're going backwards.

The objective of all square for the past 12 years was make it hard > adjust it to make it easier.

Along with the vex attune nerf, the ENTIRE game from level 0 worms, to level 150 albumen needed to be adjusted. They dropped the ball yet again. (unsurprising.) You don't get to pick and choose. If you adjust a game breaking "bug" you have to adjust the ENTIRE game to compensate, not just select areas.
    Well, to be fair, adjusting every single enemy's values would take an extremely long time and a lot of work.

MOST enemies are fought at 117+, except for those enemies you kill during your path to Lv99, and I don't know about you, but I've never needed, Vex, Attune, Scherzo, Wards, or Carols. If it isn't in Adoulin or a HTBF, even Sparks gear absolutely obliterates almost everything.

Almost.

Doesn't make much sense to ask a very small development team to undertake such monumental effort to change everything in the game. That, and a lot of this stuff existed before Geomancer was even a thing, so those values are already right. It's just that everything Seekers+ was programmed with the errant values in mind. They needed adjusting. It's just......they forgot a few.
    (0)

Player
    Based on the way that they've been handling mob adjustments post SOA, I'm pretty sure that mob stats are determined by zone. That might make it rather difficult to adjust HTB combat values since anything done would affect every single fight within the same battlefields (which also may be determined by the zone that those BCs are in themselves,) which is probably why they haven't been touched yet. Anyone who wants to argue against this theory should take note that Legion itself got nerfed, not just Ambuscade. While it is possible that this may be due to the nature of the rotating enemies in Ambuscade making it tricky to adjust directly, I believe it's evidence for the mob lvl+1 values being determined by zone and not individually.

I believe that the simplest and best solution which should be applicable to all zones (including BC battlefields,) would be to adjust the lvl+1 mob values across the board. What we just got was an adjustment to mob base stats, but from all of the complaints I've been hearing, the lvl+1 values were not touched which is making the higher level stuff rather difficult to deal with. As it stands, it requires MORE THAN DOUBLE (~2.25x) the amount of physical accuracy to hit cap a lv150 mob vs a lv119 mob, and ~1.55x when comparing lv130 Apex mobs to lv150. That is a ~55% increase in requirements due to a ~15% increase in mob level. ._.;;;

This is due to the linear mob lvl+1 effective evasion increase of +34. I'm sure that meva/macc work identically, though I have no idea how to possibly test those values since they don't show up in /checkparam... But in the case of physical accuracy, every reduction of 1eva/lvl would lower the acc requirement for lv150 by 31, making a rather significant difference from our perspective.

Everyone, join me in my crusade to get the mob lvl+1 values lowered! Whether they are lowered directly or the lvl+1 formula is changed to a sliding scale (lower increases at higher level differences), I firmly believe that something needs to be done. We're approaching the point where any further mob level increases may result in literal impossibility of players reaching "acceptable" values, and whether or not there are any deb plans to do so in the foreseeable future, it seems like a rather dangerous place to be in terms of development.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”