Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trust Commands

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    See, that's the thing though: the behavior STILL doesn't get the NPC out of the way reliably, lol. Apururu still routinely gets hit with AoEs despite her trying to stay back, so the function doesn't even work half the time anyways.
    (1)

Apururu doesn't even try to move to max range either. So the only way to reliably get her (or any other "ranged" Trust) away from AoE is to tank the mob yourself and move away from her, hoping she wont just randomly decide to run to the other side of where she is, passing through all the AoE in the world while she relocates.

And if another Trust is tanking you can forget about her ever moving far away enough to avoid anything but the shortest range AoE in Vana.
    (2)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Player
    The only other mod to AI that I would like would be for Trusts to NOT use status heals for any AURA effects other than Doom/Bind. I've watched Joachim burn thru his entire MP bar while YO is doing his best to try to do the same while both are spamming Poisona due to a poison aura... I'm not sure if there is any way for Trust AI to tell the difference between a normal debuff and an aura version, but if it IS possible, then the only auras that they should be trying to clear off are probably Doom and Bind, (and maybe Gravity?,) since both of those can result in player death before being able to get out of aura range.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Traxus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    One thing that's really annoying is trying to get the right songs from brd trusts. 99% of the time, all I want is 2 marches, but you can't get that reliably even when you summon both of them. They will sing madrigals when I'm way overcapped on acc, ballad when the only one that needs mp is joachim himself, random paeons, etc. It makes soloing on a job that can't cap haste by itself pointlessly frustrating.

It would be a godsend if we could just tell them what songs to sing.
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raydeus View Post
    Apururu doesn't even try to move to max range either. So the only way to reliably get her (or any other "ranged" Trust) away from AoE is to tank the mob yourself and move away from her, hoping she wont just randomly decide to run to the other side of where she is, passing through all the AoE in the world while she relocates.

And if another Trust is tanking you can forget about her ever moving far away enough to avoid anything but the shortest range AoE in Vana.
    ^^
    All of this.

That's why I said the "Runaway!" mechanic is rather pointless... because it doesn't do what it was designed to do and it causes all sorts of problems when said trust pulls hate.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxus View Post
    One thing that's really annoying is trying to get the right songs from brd trusts. 99% of the time, all I want is 2 marches, but you can't get that reliably even when you summon both of them. They will sing madrigals when I'm way overcapped on acc, ballad when the only one that needs mp is joachim himself, random paeons, etc. It makes soloing on a job that can't cap haste by itself pointlessly frustrating.

It would be a godsend if we could just tell them what songs to sing.
    If you use ONLY Ulmia, while on a melee job, while having enough acc to not-miss, then she will reliably cast 2x marches. I'm actually pretty sure that she doesn't cast Paeons at all, Ballads only when mages in group are low on MP, but does cast Scherzo IF you manage to survive something that it would help with. Using both bard trusts cause them to get confuzzled and you can end up with oddball song combos. Joachim seems to have a larger pool to choose from, and issues with his AI (like picking songs that only benefit himself) so I tend to just avoid him unless I actually want the /whm part over Ulmia's reliability.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Traxus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Yeah the paeons are from joachim only I'm pretty sure. I was trying ulmia alone, and I often get 2x marches if I have zero other trusts that can melee, but as soon as I summon qultada (for exp/cp roll) or or a tank trust like august I end up with a madrigal.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2