Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Suggestion: Re-usable Crystals (with a twist).

So now we have Ephemeral Moogles that happily store crystals for us, and I love them. They are my best friends.

However, sometimes I feel like I'm being a bother whenever I have to keep pestering the little guy to return crystals to me, because I'm too lazy to carry them in my own inventory (and there are thousands of items in Vana'diel that clog up my inventory constantly doesn't help either).

So, how about Re-usable Crystals, courtesy of the Ephemeral Moogle?

Please, give me a moment to explain.

Once you attain Level 60 in any craft, perhaps a Moogle (or any Ephemeral Moogle) gives you a quest. It should be crystal-related, and not ridiculously difficult or expensive, but some fun little quest to do.

Once you do this quest, you can then request a special crystal (there would be 8 of them -- one for each element) from him. He will charge 500-1000 Crystals for this crystal (using the crystals you have stored on him) and he will give you this crystal (which is Rare/EX and not sellable to vendors).

Said crystal is a usable item that is not consumed, perhaps make it an item you can equip if there's no way in-engine to do that yet.

Either way, this crystal functions just like a normal synthesis crystal, but with a twist: instead of being consumed, it consumes crystals you have stored on the Ephemeral Moogle automatically, without you having to withdraw crystals. So, if you get, say, the Wind version of this crystal and you have 1,000 Wind Crystals stored on the Ephemeral Moogle, you can use this crystal 1,000 times without having to clutter your inventory or ask the Moogle to hand you crystals.
    (2)

Character
    Stoobey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I'm not sure how possible this is, but, if they could add stored crystals to the currencies tab, then maybe they could be used as key items, similar to how voidwatch stones are now taken from stock.

Probably can't be done, due to old coding, but just an idea.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuzey View Post
    I'm not sure how possible this is, but, if they could add stored crystals to the currencies tab, then maybe they could be used as key items, similar to how voidwatch stones are now taken from stock.

Probably can't be done, due to old coding, but just an idea.
    Using the crystal item is what opens up the synthesis window though, so yeah.. don't think it can be done. Crystals stored is already in currencies (and has been since the Ephemerals were added.)

There was some stuff semi-recently on JPside devposts that indicated that they have plans to make it easier in some way to deal w/ storing/stored crystals.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

actually, its quite possible, to do anything, the game checks if you are in possesion of it, whether from your inventory, storage, KI's, etc etc. this crystal item of 1 special/super crystal summoning a crystal for that craft and consumes a crystal from the ephe moogle is quite possible. would follow a similar concept of void stones etc. one a synthesis starts, the crystal will be used or break one way or another, so you don't need to worry about programing the crystal returning to the empe moogle.

Simply put, I presume you are aiming for 1 Special/Super crystal for each element? in which case each crystal type would have to have its quantity stored imprinted on the super/special crystal so even if you run out on ephe moogle, you'll beable to see the quantity directly from your inventory. this would bring crafting back for beginners in such a new way, while also bring the market for it up as well since people would buy in bulk.

SE might event bring back crystal droping events specificly for this thing

Congratulations Aysha,I think you just found the next biggest thing.
    (0)
    Last edited by Songen; 02-11-2017 at 06:51 PM.

I like the idea of rechargeable crystals.

And if they finally removed the crafting caps I'd get into it again.
    (0)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    They could also make it act somewhat like the crafting shields, where you store the crystals on the item itself. This is obviously possible, because the craftsmanship on the shield does that very thing.

So....

Step 1: Add 8 new "Super Crystals", one for each element.
    Step 2: Trade the Super Crystal + Same Element Crystals to Ephemeral Moogle who charges your Super Crystal (we'll call it that for now lol).
    Step 3: Use your Super Crystal and it will deplete 1 each time it is used.
    Step 4: Trade the Super Crystal + Same Element Crystals to Ephemeral Moogle anytime you need a recharge.

Pretty simple and straight-forward, ne?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    They could also make it act somewhat like the crafting shields, where you store the crystals on the item itself. This is obviously possible, because the craftsmanship on the shield does that very thing.

So....

Step 2: Trade the Super Crystal + Same Element Crystals to Ephemeral Moogle who charges your Super Crystal (we'll call it that for now lol).
    Step 4: Trade the Super Crystal + Same Element Crystals to Ephemeral Moogle anytime you need a recharge.

That... actually sounds like increased time/effort/inventory/keystrokes to accomplish what we can do currently though. :x I'm fine w/ grabbing a stack of clusters from moogle and re-storing whatever leftovers I have when I'm done with a crafting session. I'd be happier if they removed the required Enter keypresses in the Ephemeral's dialogue and/or allowed us to deposit more than one type at a time.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

So....

perhaps the game links the super crystal to the ephe moogle (The super crystal is actually part of the ephe moogle since that moogle isn't actually physical)? the value in ephe moogle/super crystal goes up/down, super crystal/ephe moogle goes up/down at the same time, ephe moogle then just becomes a npc to store/retrieve physical crystals
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    That... actually sounds like increased time/effort/inventory/keystrokes to accomplish what we can do currently though. :x I'm fine w/ grabbing a stack of clusters from moogle and re-storing whatever leftovers I have when I'm done with a crafting session. I'd be happier if they removed the required Enter keypresses in the Ephemeral's dialogue and/or allowed us to deposit more than one type at a time.
    How do you get that? If the Super Crystal and Ephemeral Moogle are the same, it can store 5,000 crystals of each element.

Once you max it out at 5000, anytime you want to craft something, you pull that one, single item out and you can use it up to 5,000 times. Anytime you get crystals and you're not full, you can dump them on the Ephemeral Moogle to recharge your Super Crystal.

It saves you having to go running to the E-Moogle every stinking time you want to craft some random item. I know a lot of times I vendor Shall Shells, for example, because I simply don't feel like grabbing 2-3 wind crystals off the E-Moogle, but yet I don't want to always haul Wind Crystals around on me just for that reason. This Super Crystal would solve that -- it only takes up 1 slot per element and I can just use it whenever I need it.

That, and you'd never have to worry about using clusters. In another thread, I mentioned the annoyance of not being able to craft in the Mog House because of the fact you can't break Clusters in there... well, this would solve that problem too! No need to mess around with stupid clusters with this thing.
    (0)

Player
    How do you get that? If the Super Crystal and Ephemeral Moogle are the same, it can store 5,000 crystals of each element.

Once you max it out at 5000, anytime you want to craft something, you pull that one, single item out and you can use it up to 5,000 times. Anytime you get crystals and you're not full, you can dump them on the Ephemeral Moogle to recharge your Super Crystal.

It saves you having to go running to the E-Moogle every stinking time you want to craft some random item. I know a lot of times I vendor Shall Shells, for example, because I simply don't feel like grabbing 2-3 wind crystals off the E-Moogle, but yet I don't want to always haul Wind Crystals around on me just for that reason. This Super Crystal would solve that -- it only takes up 1 slot per element and I can just use it whenever I need it.

That, and you'd never have to worry about using clusters. In another thread, I mentioned the annoyance of not being able to craft in the Mog House because of the fact you can't break Clusters in there... well, this would solve that problem too! No need to mess around with stupid clusters with this thing.
    The "super crystals" would be taking up 1-8 inventory slots since they are permanent items. Normal crystals/clusters take up zero permanent slots, and are only in my inventory long enough for me to craft. Anything left over gets dumped onto Ephemeral once I'm done, so there's no permanent inventory space loss.

"Recharging" them as you proposed requires trading them + normal crystals (to the exact same npc that you are complaining about visiting,) which adds a full step to the process, therefore requires extra effort/time/keystrokes. (A full 7 slot deposit involves a minimum of 30 keystrokes, and more if you have to scroll thru your bag list.) Odds are good you would still need to withdraw clusters/crystals from Ephemeral to do so as well, so there's no way to argue for any significant form of time savings.

Most of the time that I craft, I do it in Adoulin due to the crafting buffs associated with Ionis. Since I'm not positive that Ionis functions inside mog house or garden, I normally plunk myself down near a shop npc for ease of disposal of NQs. Popping clusters isn't really an issue for me at least. ^^;; Most of the crafters I know also do the same.

Now, if the "Super crystals" were instead directly linked to your stock stored on Ephemeral, the only downside would be the inv-1 from each element, which could actually be a potential improvement to the current process. As is, there are Ephemerals all over the world, at least most of which are intentionally close to a homepoint. Even if directly linked crystals were added, I would probably personally choose to go without them purely due to the inventory cost since I'm a hoarder... every inventory slot is precious to me. XD
    (0)