Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Guild Point Turn-ins.

So now that we have more reason to go grinding for Guild Points, could we revisit the Guild Point System and give it a little facelift?

Let's face it -- many items are simply too difficult to get but yet yield far too few guild points (or the cap is too low to even bother with it), especially Level 1-30 recipes for most Guilds, where they expect you to turn in 40+ items for less than 6,000 Guild Points.

This is the most frustrating part about trying to build up Guild Points for any sort of purchase (the Cooking Guild is the most lousy for this, most recipes take 4-6 ingredients but yields <100 guild points per result and the caps seem low).

So here's a few suggestions:

1). The Guild Point returns should be increased on many low-level synths, nobody wants to craft 50+ of something and only get 3,000 guild points. Seriously. I don't know anybody who does that except for low-level crafters who are trying to get their stuff early, and even then I imagine they just skip the worst recipes when they come up.

2). Now that Experts are going to need 5,400 guild points to buy their stacks of +2 crafting crystals, it must surely be annoying that ~5 days out of every 10, the guild point items are not even worth doing because of aforementioned issues. Perhaps make it so that Experts are only asked to do Journeyman+ items (instead of resetting clear down to Amateur, it cycles through Journeyman to Expert and back to Journeyman)? It doesn't make much sense to ask an Expert to craft something a Novice can do.

3). HQs should be worth more. Even at the Journeyman+ stage, sometimes an HQ is only worth 10% more Guild Points than the normal.

4). Certain items should be removed from the rotation, such as items that require NM drops (especially when they want 5+ of them, nobody wants to camp an NM for hours trying to do their daily guild points), and perhaps items that require Animas to make (who wants to have to do 3, 4 synths for each turn-in, only to have to do 10 turn-ins?).

5). There are many decent recipes that could be added in place of the items removed from suggestion #4, items that are not even in the Guild Rotation but probably should be.
    (2)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I thought the guild point items received a MASSIVE boost in how many points they gave you either last, or the update before it?
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    I thought the guild point items received a MASSIVE boost in how many points they gave you either last, or the update before it?
    They increased the max points per day by 3x. They did NOT adjust how much points you get per item. So that means where before you needed 10-15 of some level 10 recipe to get your max quota per day (which was around 1200-1500) you now need 30-45 of the item to get 3600-4500 guild points.

Still ain't worth it.
    (0)

Player
    I've literally turned in 150x Cesti for my leathercraft points... Which was a pitiful amount (3600 total) but badly needed the points at the time... The part that really bothered me was the 1000+ keystrokes and 20+ minutes required to do the turn in. My laptop is on the older side, has seen far too much use and I'm concerned about how long the keyboard is going to hold up.. (My downarrow key already died ;

For the items which currently require absurd amounts of turn-ins to cap for the day (say, anything currently requiring 75+ turn-ins,) how about their values are increased to 3x current values so we only have to turn-in the old number of items for the new number of points? I don't think it would actually cause any harm (a lot of those items are purchasable from npcs so the crafting process can be bypassed already) and it would be a nice QOL improvement to reduce the insane amount of work the low-level recipes require.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”