Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Firesong
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Mythics, Relics, Emperian, and Aeoric quest

The requirements for all R/M/E/A weapons is stupidly long for your normal players. Most players that were hard core have already moved on from FFXI and only your die hard players are left. Why has SE not lowered the requirement for some of the items needed for this? So, lets take mythics for example. Instead of 30,000 Alex, make it 10,000 Alex, instead of the other items needing 150k / 100k respected currency cut that by 1/3rd or 1/4th since by now the people that weren't working on them still wont due to the time it takes. Yes, they can be made faster than in the past but for those working full time in real life and having a life outside of this game, these are still massive amounts of time. No one plays for months just to get 1 pieces of gear then spend the next year to upgrade it... By then they are frustrated and irritated and end up quitting the game. Square Enix needs to pull its collective head out of its ass and learn what players want. We want a challenge not a time sink. We want something that makes all players equal so long as they put in the time and effort and not have to have no life outside of the game to be equal to those that decide to do that.

This may just be me but I feel all the R/M/E/A requirements can be lowered and still make them special.
    (1)

Character
    Amarok
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    As someone who has found time to complete 3 mythics (DP 119III, Nirvana 119, Burtgang 119III), Aegis, half-way through Ochain, and 3 Aeonics in the past 6 months, I would say the requirements are just fine as they are.

I work fulltime (away from home most of the time) and have a wife & child, but do spend quite a big proportion of my free time in the game to be fair, and that's because I want to put in the effort to get these items. If I wasn't doing that, I'm betting I would be on my PS4Pro or watching TV more, so it's my choice to.

Before the entry requirements for Salvage/Dynamis/Einherjar etc were lowered dramatically I only managed 1 Empy weapon in over 9 years of play. Back then just getting 1 seemed special due to the huge investment to obtain them.

REMA weapons are the real pinnacle trophies for your favourite jobs, and as such IMO should stay representing a big investment required to obtain them.

Oboro and Escha NMs can give really nice alternatives which allow people with less time to play to have decent DPS/Accuracy/MAB etc.

In truth for me, the only reason I've been able to obtain several REMA weapons over a short(ish) time, is because of the campaigns allowing us to bring in huge amounts of gil (voidwatch for me mainly) which translated 30,000 alexandrite into about 2 weeks of evening/weekend Bismarck spamming. When I build up my coffers again I'll be looking into the next shiny thing I suppose.
    (0)
    Last edited by Amarok; 02-10-2017 at 12:33 AM.

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Making a relic is ridiculously easy, upgrading it, tedious, but not too difficult.

The Alexandrite stage is the easiest stage to a Mythics.

Empyrean really isn't so bad now thanks to Ambuscade.

Aeonic Weapons are a joke easy.

The longest stage on any of these is the 10,000 Pluton/Boulder/Beitetsu and even that's not too bad.

Only changes I think should come is:

RUN/GEO needing 6 months before they can start is ridiculous add a KI that reduces Imprimatur restock time, Also 10,000 for RUN/GEO's weapon with no afterglow is ridiculous, should be halved.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    On my server, Mythics and Empyreans are 250m and Ergons 260m. Plus some negligible amount to 119 and somewhere between 70m and 120m for afterglow. In 2017 FFXI, you the casual can do it. Sure it takes time, but focused effort will get you there if you want it. Oh and Relic weapons are obviously comparatively dirt cheap.

Aeonics are either incredibly easy or impossible to make. Not sure why OP included them at all.
    (0)

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post

Aeonics are either incredibly easy or impossible to make. Not sure why OP included them at all.
    It's kinda funny how that works out isn't it? The mobs are either completely impossible. Or farm status. Never has been very much middle ground.

The other 3 are just time sinks, there's actually nothing stopping anyone from building any RME other than free time and boredom, money is INCREDIBLY easy to make... until tomorrow when they nerf sparks!
    (1)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Domille View Post
    It's kinda funny how that works out isn't it? The mobs are either completely impossible. Or farm status. Never has been very much middle ground.

The other 3 are just time sinks, there's actually nothing stopping anyone from building any RME other than free time and boredom, money is INCREDIBLY easy to make... until tomorrow when they nerf sparks!
    Urgh, my sparks. First my fishing, now this.
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    What are they doing with sparks again?

I didn't see anything about this anywhere...
    (1)

oh sparks, how many times i was broke, went to a CP party and found myself with atleast some decent gil by the end of it
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Okay I found it... "certain items" reduced when sold to NPC.

Anybody got a list? Obviously the Acheron Shield, but what about others?

To be honest, though, I think it's a healthy move for the game, prices on some stuff are just getting ridiculous because people don't care about gil anymore...
    (0)

gil still needs a effort, even spending 1-4hrs in cp party to get records is effort, you can farm certain mobs or do battle events or LS events. thing is, old farm spots have become easier with 119 gear and faster tp build along with trusts for soloing, however even that requires effort
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast