Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I don't know why this game hasn't crushed under the weight of inflation yet. Unless people are farming the entirety of the items they need, people are generating hundreds of millions of gil via RoE to create items that have no value because they are non-transferable.
    (1)
    "NeED★RdM? PLeaSe sENd★teLL!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ketaru View Post
    I don't know why this game hasn't crushed under the weight of inflation yet. Unless people are farming the entirety of the items they need, people are generating hundreds of millions of gil via RoE to create items that have no value because they are non-transferable.
    I'd think that is the case. Sure I can farm sparks and get millions of gil, but with the AH almost dead (unlock crafting limits already) most of my shopping is done through NPCs (Curios and others) so that same gil is taken out of the economy just as fast as we make it. Also, farming sparks still takes time, so compared to other farming methods it isn't as broken as people may think. Only real difference is it's just more convenient than other methods.

PS > Almost forgot, I can confirm that at least in my case I do farm most of what I need and that I cannot buy from NPCs. Again, with the AH almost completely dead except for some high level crafted stuff and other misc drops and materials there really isn't much trading going on between me and other players.

Which is why I really want to be able to cap all crafts on my main character, otherwise I simply have no way of obtaining many items I should just be able to craft on my own if I spend the time required to level crafts and obtain guild items.
    (0)
    Last edited by Raydeus; 02-20-2017 at 06:02 AM.
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I'd have to say that most of the gil that is generated is indeed taken out of the economy due to consumption.

There is some inflation, but only on certain things (cursed armor...).

There are some items I've bought/sold, but their prices were usually reasonable (I'm just a cheapskate so I rarely buy), but there are some ridiculous things still in the AH... like... Squamous Hides for 600k. *rolls eyes* Really? It's not like they're hard to get or anything.

And then you got people doing absurdly stupid stuff like trying to sell Raaz Leather for 100k a stack when the Raaz Hides go for 20k per stack.

Here's a clue for those types of people: If anybody needs a Raaz Leather for anything, they are probably a leathercrafter who is easily high enough to turn Hides into Leather, and with the Tanning Vats it really doesn't take long to do, and it certainly doesn't warrant 5x the price.
    (0)

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    How are you that naive?

If they don't sell for that then how do you know they try to sell for that much, hint, they sell for that much.

Everything is worth what an idiot will pay for it, and surprise, you can fill in the rest.
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Domille View Post
    How are you that naive?

If they don't sell for that then how do you know they try to sell for that much, hint, they sell for that much.

Everything is worth what an idiot will pay for it, and surprise, you can fill in the rest.
    They sell, but rather slowly but yet there's several stacks of them up. I remember checking them a couple weeks ago, saw 8-10 stacks of them up, but only 2 sales in the past week. That's usually a sign that they're asking for too much.

Oh, and Windbuffet +1 Belts.... lol.

Exactly two have sold the entire month of February and there are (last I checked) 14 of them up, seemingly at the old price of 5m. Tried going up to 3.1m and saw it wouldn't sell and I was like "nope, I'll wait a bit longer, someone with a bit more intelligence will stick one up for cheaper".

People are trying to get ridiculously high prices out of their stuff, but it just isn't selling very good.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    They sell, but rather slowly but yet there's several stacks of them up. I remember checking them a couple weeks ago, saw 8-10 stacks of them up, but only 2 sales in the past week. That's usually a sign that they're asking for too much.

Oh, and Windbuffet +1 Belts.... lol.

Exactly two have sold the entire month of February and there are (last I checked) 14 of them up, seemingly at the old price of 5m. Tried going up to 3.1m and saw it wouldn't sell and I was like "nope, I'll wait a bit longer, someone with a bit more intelligence will stick one up for cheaper".

People are trying to get ridiculously high prices out of their stuff, but it just isn't selling very good.
    Anecdotes like this make me wonder why more people don't just suck it up and transfer servers. The economy's much more dynamic there as the comparison of Windbuffet Belt +1 sales between Sylph and Asura demonstrate.
    (0)

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Diavolo View Post
    Anecdotes like this make me wonder why more people don't just suck it up and transfer servers. The economy's much more dynamic there as the comparison of Windbuffet Belt +1 sales between Sylph and Asura demonstrate.
    Because square doesn't deserve to get paid for their ineptitude.

It should -not- cost money to change to a server with an actual population, and the excuses they make for server mergers are completely ridiculous.

2 dead servers put together won't equal half of asura, there is zero excuse for not merging them.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Domille View Post
    Because square doesn't deserve to get paid for their ineptitude.

It should -not- cost money to change to a server with an actual population, and the excuses they make for server mergers are completely ridiculous.

2 dead servers put together won't equal half of asura, there is zero excuse for not merging them.
    I completely agree, but the FFXI dev team lives by the "better late than never" saying, the recent GEO "fix" being a classic example. It was move or quit playing for me. I decided to move... and quit playing last month.
    (0)

Player
    All I'm going to say, and bring it back up from a dead thread back from 2013.....Change the spawn timers for the NMs for the Empy weapon trials. It's nice that the first few trials are a breeze, but honestly after waiting 5 hours for a mob to pop is really starting to get old and make me not want to gear other jobs and get those weapons. Honestly getting to the 1500 Heavy Metal Plates is going to be murder enough on my gil and ability to think straight, the least you can do is make getting to that point easier.

Just the NMs before the Void Walker NMs, that's all I'm asking.
    (2)
    Marada- Badass Tarutaru Ginger

Character
    Lordzphyr
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Speak for yourself man just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it's easy for others.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast