Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Actually after reading the update notes, I still don't get what they "nerfed" about Sparks?

There's been no mention at all of Sparks or the items bought with such, and the only items reduced were the Simulcrum items (which AFAIK you couldn't even buy with Sparks?).
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    It was just assumed because SE likes to nerf things like that.
    (0)

no nerf has been done as of yet, however with everything, it'll get nerfed someday, i send my sypathy for that day
    (1)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I honestly don't get what else they expect people to do with Sparks, then, if not to sell weapons/armor to vendors to get gil.

Once you get your skills capped, you don't need skill books.
    Once you get your AF upgraded, you don't need Rem's Tales (and they are EX, so no selling them to players).

That just leaves a slew of wimpy stuff that once you're Lv119, you no longer need or already have, and even Lv99 equipment does not cost that much Sparks in the first place. That just leaves highly over-priced consumable ammo (do Rangers even exist anymore? I've not seen one since I returned in November).

If they ever did nerf Sparks, they need to give us more stuff we can buy with Sparks to keep them useful.

It'd be nice if they added select jewelry so that newbies and people leveling new jobs/mules don't have to run around with no rings/earrings/back/belt clear to Lv99. But then again, that won't solve the problem for long, so....

How about some select foods and other consumables?
    (0)

Use polymerization card on the curio moogle and sparks npc? hmm
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Songen View Post
    Use polymerization card on the curio moogle and sparks npc? hmm
    Use.....what?
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    I honestly don't get what else they expect people to do with Sparks, then, if not to sell weapons/armor to vendors to get gil.

Once you get your skills capped, you don't need skill books.
    Once you get your AF upgraded, you don't need Rem's Tales (and they are EX, so no selling them to players).

That just leaves a slew of wimpy stuff that once you're Lv119, you no longer need or already have, and even Lv99 equipment does not cost that much Sparks in the first place. That just leaves highly over-priced consumable ammo (do Rangers even exist anymore? I've not seen one since I returned in November).

If they ever did nerf Sparks, they need to give us more stuff we can buy with Sparks to keep them useful.

It'd be nice if they added select jewelry so that newbies and people leveling new jobs/mules don't have to run around with no rings/earrings/back/belt clear to Lv99. But then again, that won't solve the problem for long, so....

How about some select foods and other consumables?
    If I remember correctly originally they changed the NPC price of the items so they worked out at 10x the price it cost you in sparks so was actually made a way to make gil, it's just historically when this happens they let it go for a while then suddenly decide it's not what they intended and stop it.

It's why people, myself included, assumed it was sparks items they were nerfing when we say the update notes.
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Well even if they nerfed some Sparks items, they would also have to nerf other items that can be made from those (mostly Alchemy), otherwise you'd have people churning out Alchemy-made weapons for gil instead, lol.

People will always find some preferred easy gil method, and you can't nerf them all or you make it impossible for newbies to make money.

Selling Crystals on the AH only works for so long before you run into a dry spot or you aren't making enough money to cover what you need. That's where Sparks comes in. And even then, given that Beastmen own more than 50% of the map on my server rather often, newbies probably don't even get that many crystals anyways. The Sparks are kinda necessary because it's the only steady, reliable income a newbie has. That's assuming they even know about this little trick; it's not exactly advertised in-game or anything.

I dunno, maybe they do actually intend on a player to use sparks? Even if they nerf it down to 5 gil per spark, that's still 500k out of 99999 sparks. And I would assume that nerfing the huge list of items that can be bought with sparks would have game-wide ramifications, to where it'd seep into other areas that have nothing to do with sparks (such as the entire crafting thing, making it way too expensive to level crafts since you no longer get money back out of vendoring your crafted items) etc.

Or, if they made items more expensive to buy with Sparks, then the newbies get screwed over.

I kinda doubt they'd nerf sparks, or they'd just nerf certain items that just seem too overpowered. Like, say, the Acheron Shield. Is there a reason why it costs 2700 sparks and vendors for 28000+ gil, when the Lv80 shield above it only costs 800 sparks and probably vendors for ~8k?

That doesn't even make sense.

If they nerfed sparks, things like these is what I would expect to see nerfed, rather than the entire sparks system. Chances are, even if the Acheron Shield were nerfed, there'd probably be something else that's reasonably do-able to do instead. It'd just take longer to do, as you'd need to buy more of them.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    Use.....what?
    yugioh reference. Fuse them together in terms of inventory
    (0)

honestly, i feel they'll keep sparks running for gil mainly for those servers that are drying up in terms people, less people means less people buying/crafting. which means gil needs to be made somehow
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast