Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Mobs that unequip gear (also an inventory suggestion).

While doing some Walk of Echoes, I stumbled upon something that doesn't really make all that much sense to me.

In Conflux #3, there are lots of Antlions and they have this annoying (but very easily circumvented) attack that unequips all of your gear.

I can't really understand what purpose this mechanic actually has, other than resetting your TP to 0.

This day and age, we've got macro sets, and a player can easily re-equip all of their gear in a split second as soon as it is removed, so the actual attack doesn't seem to have any lasting ramifications, unless someone was caught unprepared and didn't have their set macro'd (but then who doesn't?).

This seems to me like it is an outdated mechanic from back before Gear Macro Sets were a thing, does it make sense to even keep using it?

I'd have to say that even if we didn't have Macro Sets, it's a lame mechanic to begin with. If it weren't for the gear macro sets, it would be more annoying than anything else (What's next, a confuse status that acts like a side-scroller type button swap that moves us the opposite direction that we try to go?).

The mechanic just... doesn't feel like it belongs in the game to be honest. I'm not complaining about its challenge, or even its danger, it's just more annoying and it leaves me scratching my head, wondering how the development and QA process went when it was implemented, where people actually thought that was a good idea, and it somehow got past QA and actually ended up in the game.

Now, for the inventory suggestion.

You know that wonderful feature we have, called a Mog Wardrobe? I love that feature. I'm sure everybody does.

What I would love even more, is if the game would remember which inventory system you used last so you don't have to re-select it for each piece of gear you wish to equip.

For example, let's say I just changed jobs and I have a whole suit of gear in Mog Wardrobe #2.

I open my equipment screen, highlight "Select Inventory Option" and hit enter, and then hit down arrow twice to Mog Wardrobe #2 and then choose the piece of gear to equip.

Then I go to the next piece, and......again, it defaults back to Inventory. So I must again tell the game to look in Mog Wardrobe #2.

And this will go on for each piece of gear I wish to equip.

BUT....

It would be so much easier if the game would remember what you used, so that when I went to equip the 2nd piece of gear, it would automatically go to Wardrobe #2 instead of defaulting back to my inventory. Perhaps make this behavior an option in one of the Config menus.

--OR--

Idea #2: If there are no equippable pieces of gear in Inventory, it should check Mog Wardrobe #1. If there are no equippable pieces of gear there, it should check Mog Wardrobe #2, then check #3 and #4. If no equippable pieces are found anywhere, then go to back to Inventory. If an equippable piece is found, stop at the first inventory system that is found to have an equippable piece.

That might be slightly harder to code. It'd sure be nice, though!

EDIT: The game's current behavior is even worse when attempting to put a new Macro Set together, as you have a lot more inventory systems to parse through.
    (0)
    Last edited by Aysha; 02-01-2017 at 09:01 AM.