Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Rudra's vs Exenterator?

So, last night, family member and I did all the 3 nations Voidwatch up to IV for my Chant du Cygne weaponskill (it was worth every bit of the 1.6mil I paid for the dice and pouches), and so said family member asks me "Is the dagger one any good?"

Well, I told her that I'd post here, seeing if someone could answer that for me.

I looked up the stats: Exenterator is a 4-hit WS that has 73-85% (85% for her) AGI. Rudra's does "quadruple damage" and has 80% DEX.

So, I can't tell by eyeballing it.

Is it better? Barely better? Extremely better like CDC vs Recrapsciat?

Is it worth 1.6mil to pick it up?

We have all the quests and stuff done, all she'd need to do is start the trial, and get the coins/dice/pouches and talk to a couple NPCs, but we don't wanna dive into that until we know it's actually worth it.
    (0)

Player
    Rudra's > all other dagger ws. Absolutely required for thiefing :3

When comparing ws, you really have to look at everything, not just description and mods. The fTP mod on Rudra's is one of the highest in the game and it directly increases damage. The fTP of Exen if flat and does not increase damage dealt. From a thf POV, only the first hit of a multihit ws stacks up w/ Sneak Attack, while the entirety of Rudra's is affected by it. RS has too many positives to ignore it and should be one of the first big-ticket purchases for any THF/DNC.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Rudra's > all other dagger ws. Absolutely required for thiefing :3

When comparing ws, you really have to look at everything, not just description and mods. The fTP mod on Rudra's is one of the highest in the game and it directly increases damage. The fTP of Exen if flat and does not increase damage dealt. From a thf POV, only the first hit of a multihit ws stacks up w/ Sneak Attack, while the entirety of Rudra's is affected by it. RS has too many positives to ignore it and should be one of the first big-ticket purchases for any THF/DNC.
    Oooh, okay. Come to think of it, I do remember something about SA and Multi-hit and I did notice that the damage on Exen can be rather......erratic. Probably misses and TA procs making the damage vary wildly. I've literally seen her do 1500s and 6000s on the same enemy, lol.

Well, she just made over 600k by selling Ice Shields that I made, so I'm sure the price wouldn't be a turn-off for her, lol. Fact is, I'll be getting Rudra's myself after reading this lol. Thanks again for such quick replies!
    (0)

Player
    I'm a compulsive poster. :x Whenever I'm not busy in-game on the laptops, I'm on the desktop doing stuff like this. lol

Just in case you guys weren't aware, you can pretty easily build up gil by buying stuff from the sparks npc and selling to normal vendors. The basic rate is 1spark>10gil, so a full load of 99999 sparks = ~1mil gil. My go-to is Acheron Shield since it sells for ~28k each and are the fastest item to convert sparks>gil. If you can exp grind w/ aoe jobs (blu/bst both work great for this) during the "Gain Exp" timed ROE, its possible to make 2mil+ per character pretty easily. I tend to avg ~1mil/hr per character if I'm lucky enough to have no competition in EZ.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Is Chant du Zorro better than Savage Blade now? I'm probably gearing up badly then, because on regular testing I did a couple days ago (I just resubbed...and unsubbed again) CDZ rarely outdamaged Savage Blade, and the dmg was fairly inconsistent.
    (0)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Player
    Savage Blade is still very good, but if you properly gear CDC it tends to outperform SB due to the multihit+crit mechanics as far as I can tell. Plus, you have the added bonus of empyrean ws properties which make it simpler to do lv3 scs, so it tends to be favored.
    (0)