Player

To the Dev Team - Freshly Picked: Can we please get subtitles?

As one of the apparent few Americans who have a somewhat working knowledge of spoken Japanese, I feel that I have more access to information than the majority of English speakers since I'm able to understand most of what's said during the Freshly Picked livestreams. This feels very unfair to a large chunk of the playerbase.

Simple request: Can you start including English subtitles on the YouTube archived "Freshly Picked" videos?

They are fun to watch and it's great to see a glimpse of the personalities of the dev team while they show off what's coming up. Since I watch them every month they are released, I tend to have a different viewpoint on upcoming content than many others. I knew upfront that Omen was intentionally designed to be very difficult content, and that the dev team seemed to take pride in creating new content that would offer actual challenge to the players, so I didn't complain about the difficulty like many others. It's also fun to watch some of the interaction between the dev team when we get to see their senses of humor. ("Why the curry bun?".. "Because it's delicious." cracked me up recently. XD )
    I understand that there is a pretty big workload involved with implementing this, but it has the potential to greatly assist the large portion of your customer base who are not fluent in Japanese.

If that is something that is simply impossible due to staffing issues, perhaps we can get an exact transcript in Japanese (or English if possible) each month instead? I'm sure that someone in the community would be willing to pick up translation duties for everyone if there are no dev team members who can handle it if it's in Japanese. The summaries that we currently get are merely summaries, which means that information is getting omitted by default and sometimes that omitted information is potentially important to know for the players.

I hope this request reaches the dev team and I thank you for your time.
    (3)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 01-30-2017 at 11:47 PM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”