Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Crafting Stalls Questions

So, in reading guides over at BG-wiki, most of the guides tell you to get the Stall and then get into doing Hexed Equipment, saying "You got the same HQ as 110+12 crafters!" etc etc.

They say "Go get a stall!" like it's easy to make or something.

I've yet to find any good guides on Synergy that actually explains how the thing works, how often you lose materials if you fail an attempt (I don't want to be blowing expensive materials and 15k guild point items), how much skill exactly you need, etc.

Synergy itself is something that's hard to find much concrete information on, and the wiki pages for the stalls themselves almost make it sound like you don't need Synergy skill to do it, but yet surely you do?

etc.

I suppose this question also branches out into other synergy recipes -- smocks (losing 70k GP would suck even worse!), alliance clothing, etc... I'd like to look into this stuff, but yeesh. Finding actual information about this stuff is not easy.
    (0)

Player
    It's impossible to lose mats when a synergy fails, so no need to worry. ^^

Technically, it's supposed to be possible to complete any synergy recipe regardless of skill, but the odds are definitely against you. Stall recipes do require high skill to make easily, so your best bet might be to find a capped synergist to make it for you if you want it anytime soon..

Leveling synergy is entirely different than synthesis. The standard method for skillup for synergy is to find the highest level recipe you can get mats for and spam "Feed Fewell" for an element needed for the recipe but never finish it. (Stalls are actually perfect for this since they can take you all the way up to cap.) Since you don't lose mats, you only need one set of mats for your chosen recipe. In other words, you actually WANT to fail the recipes. lol You can expect a total cost of 2-3mil for 0-80 if you refill fewell at the npc. Maybe a bit less if you have access to a master alchemist who can make the fewell items for you, but generally it's simpler to just use the npc. It's a rather mind-numbing process, but can be done in a couple days.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    OH!

Okay, lol. I wish the wiki had said this kinda stuff, lol.

Hmm, why do you need a "Master' Alchemist? According to wiki, the fewell beads are only Lv35? I have a Lv98 Alchemist myself (I have one of every craft 90+ except Bone and Cloth, and those two my family member has). The recipe sounds simple -- oils that are bought for 100g, colored rocks, and another item (slime oil for fire, for example).

Sounds easy enough?

Or are these not the right items?

Basically, I get some of these fewell beads (the correct element) and then some mats to dump in the furnace and keep feeding over and over again, trading a bead when I run out of fewell?

And I also assume that Synergy, like Fishing, is not subject to the "40 levels over 70" rule for the other crafts?
    (0)

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    That's basically the jist of it.

Making your own fewell is much cheaper than paying the npc to refill for you, yeah, and they are simple synths.

You literally just put the items in the machine, and spam the ever loving shit out of feed. And you'll skill up. During overloads, you can spam "THWACK!" for "free" skill ups... though the skill up rate on thwacks is very very low (but so is feeding tbh... synergy blows). Never finish, just keep feeding until the synergy times out.

You can use 1 recipe to gain 40+ levels "easily", technically you could get your stall and go from 0-80 just using that, but simple trades (1-2 items) will make your life easier.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    OH!

Okay, lol. I wish the wiki had said this kinda stuff, lol.

Hmm, why do you need a "Master' Alchemist? According to wiki, the fewell beads are only Lv35? I have a Lv98 Alchemist myself (I have one of every craft 90+ except Bone and Cloth, and those two my family member has). The recipe sounds simple -- oils that are bought for 100g, colored rocks, and another item (slime oil for fire, for example).

Sounds easy enough?

Or are these not the right items?

Basically, I get some of these fewell beads (the correct element) and then some mats to dump in the furnace and keep feeding over and over again, trading a bead when I run out of fewell?

And I also assume that Synergy, like Fishing, is not subject to the "40 levels over 70" rule for the other crafts?
    I didn't double check the caps on the beads. ^^;; Said that just for HQ chance since HQ'ing increases yield. Each bead gives 50 fewell iirc, and you trade it to the furnace while you have claim in order to refill.

Correct, synergy caps at 80 and does not count towards the skill limit of synthesis crafts, just like fishing.

Thwack actually has a pretty high skillup rate, (higher than feed at least,) but it's only possible to skillup on a successful one and that rate kinda sucks. ^^;;; If you don't mind the inventory-1's, you'd be well served by making some of the synergy cuffs. There is one for each craft correlation, and each one grants access to a specific elemental thwack that has a REALLY high success rate AND really high skillup rate. Ex: Boneworker's Cuffs unlocks "Dark Affinity" which you use during a dark overload. You will chew thru fewell a tiny bit faster, but more than double your skillup rate by using these in addition to feed spam, which more than makes up for the fewell cost. The mats for the cuffs aren't super expensive or anything, but I know that the inv-1 might be enough to make some shy away. Don't bother with the Fisherman's Cuffs, they suck in my experience. ><

Something that might not be entirely intuitive about synergy recipes is that one player does not need to have all of the required craft skills for a recipe alone. If you want to do a recipe that requires craft skills beyond synergy skill, then you only need to form a party with others who have the necessary skills and gather around a furnace together. ^^ I skilled up my dbox main (who had 0's across the board for all craft skills) with a high-level leathercraft/smithing recipe by afk'ing my main character nearby in the same party. Whoever claims the furnace / adds mats is the one who ends up with the item, so keep that in mind when targeting r/ex items.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 01-29-2017 at 03:54 PM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Okay, cool, thanks for all the info!

Definitely be trying that here soon, lol. And I was just about to ask for mules and such... family member and I have two mains, and then we got a mule for each craft... well, I'm thinking we could skill Synergy on our two mains for each others' crafting stall needs (her main for my mules, my main for her mules).

And yeah, the beads look super easy to make, prolly make a slew of them, and inventory isn't really a problem for us to be honest. In fact, here REAL soon, I'm about to clear mine out, I almost have all jobs on 99 which means I can dump this huge load of low-level gear, I'll have lots of space.
    (0)

Player
    No problem! Happy to help.

Pretty sure I'm the only one active on the forums at this point who actually cares about synergy, so ask away if you have any questions. ^^

Kinda wish you guys were on Asura though.. Would make things easier if we could do this in-game.
    (1)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    No problem! Happy to help.

Pretty sure I'm the only one active on the forums at this point who actually cares about synergy, so ask away if you have any questions. ^^

Kinda wish you guys were on Asura though.. Would make things easier if we could do this in-game.
    Trust me, if I were on Asura or if you were on Sylph, I think I'd be asking for those Zi'tah T1s first, LOL.

They need to make Cross-Server stuff possible, lol. Pipe dream, I know, but still!
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    Trust me, if I were on Asura or if you were on Sylph, I think I'd be asking for those Zi'tah T1s first, LOL.

They need to make Cross-Server stuff possible, lol. Pipe dream, I know, but still!
    I have a hard enough time finding bodies sometimes for some stuff on a "high pop" server like Asura, so I ain't moving anytime in the foreseeable future. ^^;; And yes, I'd have no problems with running you guys thru T1s if you were here. If you guys ever decide to make the move over here, let me know and we'll kill some stuffs. :3
    (1)