Thread: Blink spell

Character
    Poisonwraith
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Blink spell

I have been interested more in making my RDM a DD lately. My biggest problem has been how useless blink is you get 2 shadows sometimes it doesn't proc. Very annoying. My other spells with all the gear adjustments have made me very relevant as a melee that can enfeeble and nuke. My magic defense is crazy high but wtf gives with blink?
    BLU gets freaking occultation for 8 shadows.
    This game is beyond unbalanced on some issues.
    Give me more blinking
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dettz View Post
    I have been interested more in making my RDM a DD lately. My biggest problem has been how useless blink is you get 2 shadows sometimes it doesn't proc. Very annoying. My other spells with all the gear adjustments have made me very relevant as a melee that can enfeeble and nuke. My magic defense is crazy high but wtf gives with blink?
    BLU gets freaking occultation for 8 shadows.
    This game is beyond unbalanced on some issues.
    Give me more blinking
    If you are using rdm as a DD more often than not you will be /nin and with all the fastcast and haste gear you should be down to like 8-9 second recast on Ni, between ichi/ni and stoneskin you will rarely take dmg.
    (0)
    Seriously, stop pretending you are the top DD, you really aren't. Quoting bg-wiki all over the place makes you a parrot, not a God.

thing about blink is, you adjust it for players, mobs gain the same effect, blu's blink isn't blink persay since its a monster WS rather than spell, it just functions similar is all
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    As someone said DD RDM, will be /nin so can use shadows, that said if anything Blink II would need to be added to function similar to Occultation, Since Blink is only level 23.

Quote Originally Posted by Songen View Post
    thing about blink is, you adjust it for players, mobs gain the same effect, blu's blink isn't blink persay since its a monster WS rather than spell, it just functions similar is all
    tbf I believe they've done different adjustments to players only on spells before.

I mean look at Break. Player Break does not function anywhere near the same as enemy Break.
    (0)

Character
    Poisonwraith
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    You get 8 shadows with the blu spell. You get 2 shadows with Blink it should at least scale somewhat with enhancing skill.
    (1)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dettz View Post
    You get 8 shadows with the blu spell. You get 2 shadows with Blink it should at least scale somewhat with enhancing skill.
    You get Blink at level 19~35 You get Occultation at level 88.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    You get Blink at level 19~35 You get Occultation at level 88.
    So... does that mean Blink effect should not scale with skill then?
    (0)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raydeus View Post
    So... does that mean Blink effect should not scale with skill then?
    No of course not, I never said that. Just stating why there is a difference in numbers.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Songen View Post
    This isn't necessarily true. If I recall the Empty's version of the spell is like Utsusemi and has a range of up to 25+ shadows. And if I remember correctly, before players got Utsusemi: San the mob version actually carried a debuff with it. I'm down for Blink getting a buff as it one of the enhancing spells that has fallen to the way-side.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zeargi; 02-09-2017 at 02:47 AM.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    This isn't necessarily true. If I recall the Empty's version of the spell is like Utsusemi and has a range of up to 25+ shadows. And if I remember correctly, before players got Utsusemi: San the mob version actually carried a debuff with it. I'm down for Blink getting a buff as it one of the enhancing spells that has fallen to the way-side.
    the name is Occultation which is what all the blu's use nowadays and yes, its from the emtpy Seether and BG wiki states it as 12 shadows at 600skill. also as a blu myself whose tanked many times with Occultation, it is NOT a utsusemi style, its absorb rate is alot more higher than blink however its not 100% like utsusemi.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    As someone said DD RDM, will be /nin so can use shadows, that said if anything Blink II would need to be added to function similar to Occultation, Since Blink is only level 23.

tbf I believe they've done different adjustments to players only on spells before.

I mean look at Break. Player Break does not function anywhere near the same as enemy Break.
    as for a blink II spell, SE usually hates adding new spells,they do however adjust current things. so something that scales with skill would make em more enticed. since you get blink as such a low level, scaling it isn't a bad thing since as you get higher levels, you gain more enhancing magic, and if you sub it, the low shadow rate would still remain
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast