Player

Incoming "Ultimate" crafting equipment questions

Just noticed on the front page:
    experience a new quest to earn synthesis-specific equipment known as "escutcheons!"
    That "s" has me worried.... Please tell me this was a typo...

Please, PLEASE do not make this craft specific! ><;;

Part of the strength of Kupo Shield is that it affects your subcrafts as well as your main craft and that it can provide equal benefits when making something from a subcraft. If this is intended to replace Kupo Shield, as the dev team indicated in the Freshly Picked a few months ago, it can not be inferior in any way, especially since it was also indicated that there would be a lengthy process involved in obtaining one.

Can we please get an overview on what to expect for both the process to obtaining one and what kind of stats we can expect from one? Not expecting, nor asking for, exact stats.. only asking for an outline so hopefully feedback can still be used before they are actually implemented in the case that there are any glaring issues that are likely to incite the playerbase. I'm sure that most crafters would be far happier having to wait an extra month or two if it meant that what we get in the end is worthy of the concept of Ultimate Equipment for crafting and the effort involved.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 01-28-2017 at 03:13 AM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    OFC it's craft specific.

And it'll be skill +1. lol.

You didn't actually expect them to make something even half as good as kupo shield, did you, cause lawl.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Domille View Post
    OFC it's craft specific.

And it'll be skill +1. lol.

You didn't actually expect them to make something even half as good as kupo shield, did you, cause lawl.
    From the content of the Freshly Picked, yes, I'm actually expecting something better than Kupo Shield. They mentioned nothing about it being craft specific, and given that it's supposed to have a new/unique graphical model, it seemed pretty unlikely to me that they would add 8+ versions with identical graphics or go to the effort of creating 8x different unique models. It's entirely possible that I mistranslated something and lost details along the way, so if you are capable of posting a better trans, I'd love to see it. I've got nothing against being proven wrong, but that requires proof of some sort.

Like I said, I'm hoping this was a typo in the announcement. Not like that would be the first time a single character changed the message drastically. ^^;;
    For instance, the difference a comma makes: "Let's eat, Grandma!" vs "Let's eat Grandma!" >_>;; (Had an English teacher in junior high who was a stickler for punctuation who used this example to hammer home why it's important in written communication and it's always stuck with me for some reason. lol)
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    The one guarantee is that nobody will be happy about it.
    (6)

Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    The one guarantee is that nobody will be happy about it.
    This made me laugh because it's true.
    (2)

Character
    Urat
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Im expecting instead of just skill+ it will have stats akin to the SoA ring, HQ+, success+, etc etc.

So perhaps something like Specific skill+3, HQ rate+1%, Success +1%, material loss-1%
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Urat View Post
    Im expecting instead of just skill+ it will have stats akin to the SoA ring, HQ+, success+, etc etc.

So perhaps something like Specific skill+3, HQ rate+1%, Success +1%, material loss-1%
    The problem with this is that it is not actually "better" than KS since "All skills" also benefits subcrafts. That means KS could increase HQ tiers when your proposed idea wouldn't. Also, your idea does not sound worth the time/effort/currency that it's likely to require and is not likely to give the devs their desired result of stopping the complaints about KS imbalance. I am expecting the secondary stats to be there, but you'd have to tack on "All crafting skills +3" (and maybe lower specific skill to +2) in order for this to match my understanding of what they talked about during the FP.
    (0)