Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Should Linkshell Pearl Creators be able to just break the pearl?

Hi,

Recently the leader of a linkshell I was in simply broke the pearl for no obvious reason. Whether or not it was a moment of madness, quiting, or account hack - I dont know.

This linkshell contained around 100+ members. When it happened it caused quite a bit of confusion, and we essentially lost a good collective of people in an instant.

Should the Linkshell lead/creator have the ultimate power to completely banish a linkshell into the oblivion?
    (0)

Player
    It is their creation, they have the right to destroy it. :x
    (3)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    This linkshell contained around 100+ members. When it happened it caused quite a bit of confusion, and we essentially lost a good collective of people in an instant.

Should the Linkshell lead/creator have the ultimate power to completely banish a linkshell into the oblivion?
    They should, yes. Was anyone close to the leader able to provide more information as to why it happened? Destroying a linkshell with 100+ members without giving everyone a warning via lsmes or what have you is irresponsible and probably won't place much confidence in him/her to lead anything going forward.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Diavolo View Post
    They should, yes. Was anyone close to the leader able to provide more information as to why it happened? Destroying a linkshell with 100+ members without giving everyone a warning via lsmes or what have you is irresponsible and probably won't place much confidence in him/her to lead anything going forward.
    Nope, nada. Everyone was sending each other tells asking what had happened. We tried to /tell the leader but they had put their away flag up, so nothing could get through.

I went to the area they were at and said "Hi. What happened to the Linkshell?" and they replied "I drop it make your own"....

Not seen them since...

So, I'm not sure, hacked account maybe? Or just a REALLY REALLY bad day on their part.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    So, I'm not sure, hacked account maybe? Or just a REALLY REALLY bad day on their part.
    If I had to guess I'd put my money on the latter. Managing a linkshell of that size can be stressful if you aren't prepared to handle the responsibilities that come along with it.
    (0)

Player
    @Sirmarki If you're talking about SeekersOfAdoulin (I assume you are.) Yes, there was a lot of information in shout about it, it boils down to the leader being unhappy about people recruiting members for their own LSes out of that LS.

I'm not defending that reason, but that was essentially the reason the leader gave, they also claimed to be hopping servers, I have no idea if they did.
    (0)