Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Ambuscade Gear advice sought.

So, last night something rather awesome happened.

I was crafting in Sandy while on a mule and I saw a shout for vol2, asking for support jobs and a PLD.

Normally I just shrug such shouts off, because I doubt I'm geared all that well, but after reading several posts on here and another forum that all you really need for Vol2 is at least 119 and some Sushi, and something inside of me said to respond to the shout.

So, I told them I had a PLD, and I have full Skirmish+1 and asked if that was geared well enough for that and they said "should be fine".

Well, we did like... 5-6 VDs? Only 1 run went rather poorly (the WHM said they needed new batteries in the controller; they responded a bit too slow and I got killed mid-fight, we still won though).

So now I got myself my first pieces of Ambuscade Armor. I didn't spend Hallmarks or Gallantry yet, but I did notice that with Total Hallmarks, I can get the Gloves+1 and Boots+1 of the "Melee Mage" set (I call it that, because that's what it looks like) and I also noticed I have enough Gallantry to buy either two +1s of that other set (the THF/MNK/etc set), OR, instead of buying 2 pieces of that, I COULD buy the whole NQ set instead.

Given that today is the 28th and it is probably unlikely I will get enough Gallantry for the whole HQ set... should I just get the whole NQ set and seek upgrades later when I'm geared a little better from a future Ambuscade, or is the +1 really that overpowered compared to the NQ? Just eyeballing the pieces, yes the +1 does give actual bonuses, but yet, even the NQ set appears to have some nice perks over the other armor I've got.

I'm trying to get a BLU geared, and that "Melee Mage" (even the "free" NQ pieces!) set looks awesome for a BLU, I saw that it's got better stats (I Think?) than 119 AF (which is what I just got done making, lol).

So, you guys tell me... what should I do with the ~3000hm and... ~1300? gallantry that I now have?

Should I also consider Ambuscade Vouchers as an option?

I'm looking to (eventually?) gear the following jobs:

PLD, BLU, WAR, THF, GEO, and maybe WHM. I wouldn't mind dabbling in some other jobs if I can pick up stray/extra pieces too, but those are the mains I wanna do.

Also, extra question... where does one get better weapons a BLU can use? They sadly can't use the Ark Angels 1H Sword lol. So I gotta find better weapons than sparks/homestead...
    (0)

Character
    Thedraxis
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BST Lv 94
    Dunno about the other jobs, but I've been using the Out of the BLU guide for a gear progression guide.
    (0)

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Beat the hell out of soloing didn't it. And you even got to do it in scrub gear. On a scrub job that has no place in volume 2. pretty big win.

Do more.

Buy everything from the "total hallmarks" category. That's how that category works.

I would probably get all the NQ from gallontry, even nq is better than skirmish. (again do more, so you can get worthwhile gear.) The NQ vouchers too for Meghanda/jhkari/sulevia.

Use the first category for cape/cape items (or money if you're desperate for money).

Also, BLU swords, do Domain invasion you have a "chance" at a free Iris (it's not good but its free and usable and better than what you have). You could probably get one for a mil or less, its an easy fight from a merc. I'll be honest and say thats your only option right now. You could also get an lolmimesis from oboro.
    (0)
    Last edited by Domille; 01-27-2017 at 11:21 PM.

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Domille View Post
    Beat the hell out of soloing didn't it. And you even got to do it in scrub gear. On a scrub job that has no place in volume 2. pretty big win.

Do more.

Buy everything from the "total hallmarks" category. That's how that category works.

I would probably get all the NQ from gallontry, even nq is better than skirmish. (again do more, so you can get worthwhile gear.) The NQ vouchers too for Meghanda/jhkari/sulevia.

Use the first category for cape/cape items (or money if you're desperate for money).

Also, BLU swords, do Domain invasion you have a "chance" at a free Iris (it's not good but its free and usable and better than what you have). You could probably get one for a mil or less, its an easy fight from a merc. I'll be honest and say thats your only option right now. You could also get an lolmimesis from oboro.
    Do you have some sort of gripe with me? Just curious... because the tone you take in your post doesn't sound very nice...

But anyways...

I feel that getting that group last night was... something that happens once in a blue moon. I'll keep my eyes out for another group, but again, only a few days left etc. Would be nice. And yes, I know that VD would be better than solo, but it's not always an option (at least until I get BLU geared up/spells learned or something).

As for the weapons... I did plan on taking a few more swings at Naga and Azi, but... well getting _a_ weapon is like winning a bingo. Getting _THAT_ weapon is like winning the powerball. But who knows. Could happen.

And, uh, could I make a request? Could you please use weapons' actual names? What's a "lolmimesis"? I can't wiki that.

EDIT: Nevermind, somehow mistyped it... uh, 300,000 plasm? *blink* And Delve KIs? Doesn't Delve require a minimum of 3 people?
    (0)
    Last edited by Aysha; 01-27-2017 at 11:40 PM.

Player
    Ambuscade does not reset at the End of Month, it resets the same time that monthly update patch goes live. Usually around the 9th-12th of each month is our deadline for Ambuscade. So more than a week to go for it right now. ^^

Memesis = Oboro JSE weapon for BLU. Search bgwiki for "Oboro" and scroll down a bit to see the process to unlock and augmented stats. It's not particularly great, which is why the "lol" was attached. ^^;; The event clear options listed are "OR" not "AND".. Only need one of 'em to unlock Oboro.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 01-27-2017 at 11:49 PM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Ahh, I see. Thanks.

I saw someone mention it in another thread... are the Escha T1 mobs solo-able (or do-able with 2 people)? They're listed as 119 and IIRC, they can drop Nibiru weapons?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    Ahh, I see. Thanks.

I saw someone mention it in another thread... are the Escha T1 mobs solo-able (or do-able with 2 people)? They're listed as 119 and IIRC, they can drop Nibiru weapons?
    Depends on gear, vorseal stock, jobs used, trusts, etc. T1s are pretty simple as far as gimmicks go, and pops are cheap, (I always use 6x fishkabobs from Curio moogle for ~1k each, so ~6k/pop,) so I'd say give it a shot as long as you are 117+. Worst case scenario: you die, lose less than 1/10th of a single mob's worth of exp, and have to HP/restart. XD

Escha-Zi'tah T1s drop augmentable armor sets and r/ex accessories. Nibiru weapons drop off T2s, which are not going to be doable for you at this point. I use the same tactics for almost every T1/T2 there which is self-sc Fusion using my BST pet, then MBing w/ fire from my BLM.. This works on all but Angrboda (who absorbs fire) and Vyala (who absorbs light). Melee jobs have a much harder time soloing by default since they are always within AOE range and the increased TP feed increases AOE/TPmove usage by the NMs. I was soloing most of the T1s pretty early in my BST career, but I made an effort to collect every vorseal and macro equip I possibly could before seriously expecting to be able to do so.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”