Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Understand completly. Even with 5 displacers 119 Ilvl gear it is still one of the toughest NM's in the game. Mechanics with the fetters make it even more challenging. I think losing and re farming the KI's (unless you purchase/aqcuire from other VWNM's) is the real turn off. The caturae NM's have mechanics that make them tough also.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckamus View Post
    Unless they have changed things, last time I did providence with VW event on, the capped lights didn't apply to this zone. Not sure why it isn't included in the VW campaign. SE would be best to answer that.
    They have answered before. Basically, the entire concept/system of "lights" is not present in the zone, so the campaign's buff to lights is unable to affect it. You still actually need to white proc to be sure of getting any of the KIs, but at least the procs still work and displacers can still be used. (If you are gunning for the KIs, them just be careful about killing it too fast as you need that white proc!)

------------------------------------

BLU works pretty well for soloing using a magic aoe spell setup. Just make sure to set a few physical heavy hitters to take out the magic immune fetters. In my experience, it usually went faster if I didn't use tank trusts and tanked myself to allow for /fume usage, but also run the risk of unlucky deaths since it did something that killed me though it's been a long time since I completed VW and don't remember all the details. (Maybe a breath move?) Honestly though, the difficulty goes down significantly if you can get 2-3 bodies in there instead of soloing. The design of the fight basically calls for at least tank+phys.aoeDD+magic.aoeDD. BLU/BST can cover both DD roles relatively easily, but BST can't really tank against pet. Got my initial clear with my BST many moons ago, but normally help others using BLU since it tends to be a lot simpler. Your best bet would be to find 1-2 others who can cover those 3x roles together with you, remember to use displacers, and prioritize killing fetters over boss.
    (1)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 01-25-2017 at 08:11 PM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackHalo714 View Post
    Understand completly. Even with 5 displacers 119 Ilvl gear it is still one of the toughest NM's in the game. Mechanics with the fetters make it even more challenging. I think losing and re farming the KI's (unless you purchase/aqcuire from other VWNM's) is the real turn off. The caturae NM's have mechanics that make them tough also.
    Even if I have to stay for an eternity to /fume and wait for me or a trust to be able to proc white for the KI to drop, catuare are not as a pain as PW, since at least ppl can win.

Is hell of a chore each time? Oh yeah...

Another reason ppl don't want to keep trying since takes a lot of time to get the 3 KI set AND they don't want to spend cruor for w/e the reason.
    (0)
    Last edited by Belmonts; 01-25-2017 at 11:54 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    They have answered before. Basically, the entire concept/system of "lights" is not present in the zone, so the campaign's buff to lights is unable to affect it. You still actually need to white proc to be sure of getting any of the KIs, but at least the procs still work and displacers can still be used. (If you are gunning for the KIs, them just be careful about killing it too fast as you need that white proc!)

------------------------------------

BLU works pretty well for soloing using a magic aoe spell setup. Just make sure to set a few physical heavy hitters to take out the magic immune fetters. In my experience, it usually went faster if I didn't use tank trusts and tanked myself to allow for /fume usage, but also run the risk of unlucky deaths since it did something that killed me though it's been a long time since I completed VW and don't remember all the details. (Maybe a breath move?) Honestly though, the difficulty goes down significantly if you can get 2-3 bodies in there instead of soloing. The design of the fight basically calls for at least tank+phys.aoeDD+magic.aoeDD. BLU/BST can cover both DD roles relatively easily, but BST can't really tank against pet. Got my initial clear with my BST many moons ago, but normally help others using BLU since it tends to be a lot simpler. Your best bet would be to find 1-2 others who can cover those 3x roles together with you, remember to use displacers, and prioritize killing fetters over boss.
    Thanks for the advice, Nyariko. (´・ω・)

Unfortunately I don't have BLU leveled, and well... the thing about getting buds to help me out fall in the category I previously explained, thus the reason I ask for a reevaluation of the PW mechanics. But I won't give up fer sure.

(*'ω'*)
    (0)

Player
    Bump,

We have currently a VoidWatch campaign, and even though many people are catching up getting KIs I really would like that SE would consider to adjust Provenance Watcher mechanics, since even though we have ilvl gear now, the adds' mechanics gives this fight too much tasks to do, making PW virtually invincible.

Please at least make it have -50% less damage taken with full adds spawned rather than -100% if we pop it with 5 displacers and the party is at max with 3 members... it was doable with an alliance back in the days but is too much multitasking for a solo-duo player at the moment.

Thank you.
    (1)
    Last edited by Belmonts; 03-22-2017 at 01:24 AM.

Character
    Mortificator
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmonts View Post
    Please at least make it have -50% less damage taken with full adds' spawned rather than -100% if we pop it with 5 displacers and the party is at max with 3 members... it was doable with an alliance back in the days but is too much multitasking for a solo-duo player at the moment.

Thank you.
    How do you use Displacers on this fight? i tried trading to the crystal and nothing so had to rough it out and beat it without.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondplanet View Post
    How do you use Displacers on this fight? i tried trading to the crystal and nothing so had to rough it out and beat it without.
    You don't trade displacers to the crystal, if my memory serves me well, there is a planar rift in the same area where you can trade your displacers. Will confirm it later. (´・ω・)
    (1)

2 man strat for this is self SCing high DD job and a high magic acc with a secondary nuking set rdm. take the mob to 50% since it won't pop fetters 100% before that, at 55% make sure all fetters are dead if by chance it did pop one, then @ 50% have rdm pop stymie and sabatour and then silence with the magic acc set. after that go to town on the mob with the rdm MBing in between, the silence won't last long so at this point you gotta finish it off fast. if your DDs strong enough this should be a easy win with this strat.

As a heads up, it can't or rarely immunobreaks, so don't bother, this NM itself is extremely easy, its only the fetters that make this extremely hard
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Belmonts View Post
    You don't trade displacers to the crystal, if my memory serves me well, there is a planar rift in the same area where you can trade your displacers. Will confirm it later. (´・ω・)
    there is a rift you trade displacers to
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2