Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Provenance Watcher mechanics for solo/new players.

Greetings,

I'd like to point out an issue that probably has been discussed before, the Provenance Watcher mechanics.

As a player who enjoys the game for its lore and content (yes, I actually read the stories and don't spam thru cutscenes :3) I find the displacers cost reduction with RoV completion a really great chance to catch up with one content I was unable to participate as much as I wish I could on its prime time, VoidWatch.

Wins are achievable with displacers at a really easy rate, things get a little tricky with tier IV mobs but is pretty much really manageable, until you hit the final wall, Provenance Watcher.

Not even to farm it for the now non-usable gear, just for the win and the probably small CS that follows. Provenance Watcher mechanics make to a lot of jobs (and the jobs who can must be really good geared) almost impossible to beat this final boss, even with full trust party, 119 gear and 5 displacers.

Long story short, my request is simple, even if it doesn't give anything in return on the rewards chest, please fix the Provenance Watcher mechanics to be beatable with trusts. Maybe able to get KI's with full white light at 100% like any other VW mechanic.

Some of the adds' auras are too absurd to beat this solo/duo, such as doom aura (since doom immunity drinks don't apply to trusts, they hopelessly die with drawn in ability cast on them every time if they have hate). Not to mention that ppl must waste a lot of their time killing the adds since they make boss 100% inmune to damage after a certain amount pops up. So you inevitably are doomed to time out on each try, then to farm the 3 KI set again...

So please, adjust this, a lot of people either are new to the game or don't bother ('cus even with lowman parties is a pain) or don't have the KI's to help. Making this non-achievable by any means.

Thank you.

P.S. Yes, there are a few youtube videos of ppl beating this solo, (a lot of them greatly geared and/or using third party tools ┐(-。-; )┌ヤレヤレ) so I've seen them and I'm not wanting to risk my own account doing that, thank you. :3
    (6)
    Last edited by Belmonts; 01-25-2017 at 05:39 PM.

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    +1

PW is soloable, but the effort just isn't worth it, and more than half the jobs can't really do it.

Stuning trusts are vital (unless your job stuns). Stunning magic prevents the DT adds, but some spells are too fast to stun. Trust AI isn't smart enough to kill fetters without retargetting, and while you do that, he spawns another one, it's annoying.

Had a hard time soloing this one for someone, so I know the pain.

I don't realistically know how they could adjust it to make it possible to solo... doom fetter is just plain lame.

I'd really like to see the list of procs be reduced/only ones that are possible if solo. Smarter trust AI. Less frequent spell casting from PW.

But, pipe dreams.
    (3)

Character
    Eckamus
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Unless they have changed things, last time I did providence with VW event on, the capped lights didn't apply to this zone. Not sure why it isn't included in the VW campaign. SE would be best to answer that.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Domille View Post
    +1

PW is soloable, but the effort just isn't worth it, and more than half the jobs can't really do it.

Stuning trusts are vital (unless your job stuns). Stunning magic prevents the DT adds, but some spells are too fast to stun. Trust AI isn't smart enough to kill fetters without retargetting, and while you do that, he spawns another one, it's annoying.

Had a hard time soloing this one for someone, so I know the pain.

I don't realistically know how they could adjust it to make it possible to solo... doom fetter is just plain lame.

I'd really like to see the list of procs be reduced/only ones that are possible if solo. Smarter trust AI. Less frequent spell casting from PW.

But, pipe dreams.
    Even with stun-spell trusts, like Robel-Akbel or Zeid II (cus I don't count tank trust's shield bash since it takes forever to recast) they stun the same thing since the AI is not complex enough for them to take turns. So yeah they are not up for the task, sadly. And yeah some spells are insta-cast...

One or two kindly helped me out in the past, but the adds are so annoying we always timed out. Eventually, they gave up on helping me (and I don't blame 'em at all) 'cus is really a pain in the neck. (>Д<; )
    (0)
    Last edited by Belmonts; 01-25-2017 at 04:12 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckamus View Post
    Unless they have changed things, last time I did providence with VW event on, the capped lights didn't apply to this zone. Not sure why it isn't included in the VW campaign. SE would be best to answer that.
    Correct me if I am mistaken, but full lights don't apply to only abyssea? Have not a clue on that.

But yeah, the mob mechanics need to be checked out for ppl with trust and lowman can get the simple win. Is not a relevant content anymore, I want the win and the CS that comes with it as any other expansion/mini expansion.
    (0)

Player
    I agree mechanics for this NM are tricky. Best way I found is to duo beastmaster with a decent geared blackmage. I use pondering peter and spam whirl claws hits all the physical adds, the blackmage does low aeo nukes hits the magical ones. Just stay away from the doom adds and it becomes pretty easy. Good luck.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackHalo714 View Post
    I agree mechanics for this NM are tricky. Best way I found is to duo beastmaster with a decent geared blackmage. I use pondering peter and spam whirl claws hits all the physical adds, the blackmage does low aeo nukes hits the magical ones. Just stay away from the doom adds and it becomes pretty easy. Good luck.
    Thanks for the advice, sounds really helpful indeed. (´・ω・)

Unfortunately, that requires at least 2 more players aside me with the requirements to enter who aren't as bothered as other ppl were to try this NM again.

I agree with pet strategy cus normally (and I mean has been super common in my tries), thunder and darkness (stun and doom aura) appear and that means pretty much fail in that run.... (´;ω;`)

Thing also is that a lot of players really don't want to touch this NM ever. Was a pain back in the 18 ppl kill and now lowman is a pain.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Belmonts View Post
    Thing also is that a lot of players really don't want to touch this NM ever. Was a pain back in the 18 ppl kill and now lowman is a pain.
    Dangle a carrot. Defeating Provenance Watcher grants a vorseal and almost everyone spends some time in Escha/Reisenjima. This is how I persuaded some LS mates to come along with me a while back.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Domille View Post

But, pipe dreams.
    Maybe reducing the adds' HP:
    5000 HP per add is a lot to deal with lowman.
    As other ppl said: a well geared mage... but that is only to deal with non magic-inmune adds.

Also, make adds spawning at (low?) random rate when it makes a TP move or casts a spell instead of 100% spawn rate when it does those things.

In addition, negating some auras like doom or stun.

Hmmm, maybe even with all its adds out, make PW resistance go only to 50% instead of full blown 100% immunity.

All this, of course, with 5 displacers. And maybe with 3 or less ppl (?)

Idk, just giving ideas...
    (0)
    Last edited by Belmonts; 01-25-2017 at 05:23 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Diavolo View Post
    Dangle a carrot. Defeating Provenance Watcher grants a vorseal and almost everyone spends some time in Escha/Reisenjima. This is how I persuaded some LS mates to come along with me a while back.
    Lots of ppl I actually know hasn't gone that far into VoidWatch storyline to get Provenance Watcher access. And if they do, they really don't "find" any value on that Vorseal to face this NM again, their memories of trying it and failing haunt them. ( ̄д ̄)

But I'll keep trying, sadly I haven't been on enough time and I find pretty selfish from my part to bother 'em with this ordeal.

Thanks for the suggestion. (´・ω・)
    (0)
    Last edited by Belmonts; 01-25-2017 at 04:54 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast