Equipment Exploit

By modifying the equipset packet, you can equip the same piece of armor on multiple (abnormal) slots and receive the bonus multiple times.

It appears many people are using this to equip items such as kupo shield or crafting torques to receive a huge amount of excess skill and break tiers that shouldn't be possible.

This is why the forums are flooded with HQ threads selling impossible amounts of high value items.

I wouldn't recommend doing this if you haven't already since I'm making daily reports to the STF and GMs and it will put your account at risk. However, increasing exposure to the information lights a fire under SE's ass and motivates them to fix it sooner.

Edit: Also entirely possible this can be/is being used inside instanced content. Equipping 12 of a high def/m.eva slot would provide any job with nearly the defensive capability of a paladin and potentially more offense than any legitimate set.
    (2)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Yes, there is a player named Magicshopthree, a Galka on Asura, almost always AFK and /anon, that has a pair of Carpenter's Gloves equipped on both his hands and feet at same time. This has been addressed in a previous post, but cannot locate that anymore.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I posted about this in the bug section as instructed by a GM in game - they told me not to mention his name... I included a screenshot...

It got moved to 'insufficient information'.....

I gave up....
    (1)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    The reason it got moved to insufficient information is because you didn't fully complete their bug report format, for instance, where you put character name and put "Withheld (as instructed by GM)", you're supposed to put your character name there. The character who is abusing the exploit isn't important in this case as you are bringing to their attention the exploit.

Not defending their way of handling of bug reports as at times it is very picky but if you re-post and follow the report format as it is shown in the stickied topic, it will be moved to "Accepted Bugs" guaranteed.
    (2)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    The reason it got moved to insufficient information is because you didn't fully complete their bug report format, for instance, where you put character name and put "Withheld (as instructed by GM)", you're supposed to put your character name there. The character who is abusing the exploit isn't important in this case as you are bringing to their attention the exploit.

Not defending their way of handling of bug reports as at times it is very picky but if you re-post and follow the report format as it is shown in the stickied topic, it will be moved to "Accepted Bugs" guaranteed.
    That's because I was told by the GM in game NOT TO MENTION HIS NAME (or I would be subject to a penalty). Otherwise, I would have. So included all the information I could, and posted exactly what I was told to post by an SE employee.
    A screenshot was included too. So, aside from the fact I didn't mention his name, what else qualified as 'insufficient information'? My internet speed/name and such is irrelevant and unrelated to the problem..... Whats the word again... Common sense?

Also, if you read the template it says:

Character Name:
    Which character did the issue occur with?

Well it didn't occur on my character, it was the player in question.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 01-23-2017 at 01:41 AM.

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I'm just saying how they expect it to be formatted, bad wording on their part or not, there's no point getting pissy with me about it.
    (2)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Guess that'd explain how someone is able to sell 30+ pieces of Voodoo gear a day on my server.
    (1)