Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    I am one of those pull-the-zone types and even so, if I see others soloing singles, I tend to try to leave some pops alone near their camp. What bothers me is when someone runs past the ones I purposely did not pull to chase after me and try to take my pack. -_-;; Then try to pull the "don't see your name on them" BS, then threaten to report me to GMs when I start doing smaller/faster pulls so they aren't able to take them... Rudeness exists because players are human, humans are jerks, and it's not in our nature to be altruistic/benevolent by default. No harm is done by following the old rules of etiquette though, so let's all try to take the high road whenever we can. ^^

Note about non-cookie-cutter jobs... I got laughed at a lot in my ls in the beginning for always going /blm while leveling. They stopped laughing once I could prove that I could grind out a 2nd+ 1-99 faster than non-aoe PLing. XD Ignore the haters if you are soloing. If you want to play as SMN/PUP, you have every right to do so and no one has any right to berate you for that.. as long as you are not expecting to group up with others. If you are trying to get into a group w/ that tho... honestly, you deserve to be laughed at. XD (BTW, /PUP actually can work surprisingly well. Just not with other pet jobs since we can only have 1x pet at a time.)
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Flupplewolfe
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I've made less than 16 gm calls in the 14 years or whatever since the game came out. But about half of them have been over people not willing to share.

Basically, this is the procedure I follow.
    1) Kindly ask if they could leave your camp to you since you were there first. If they start arguing or ignore you and do it again, go to step 3.
    2) Negotiate with them and be friendly. If this doesn't work then...
    3) Call a GM, it sucks to have to do it and I'm sure the GM has other things they'd rather deal with too but without someone with authority to keep things civil, civility gets thrown out the window very quickly with some people. Note that whoever you call a GM on will probably "rage call" a GM on you in revenge so there's more than one reason not to do this if you don't have to. The GMs I think have access to the logs as well, so if you were civil and followed the SE player guidelines in that you are not supposed to negatively affect the experience of others and be considerate then it will be pretty clear what is going on. If you do this and weren't there first they'll know that too.

I don't like to feel like I can't solve my own problems but sometimes you need a GM and the service works well and they're always very nice to talk to. If I do GM call I leave the camp after the report because I don't want it to seem I was using a GM call to get what I want. Plus I'm usually upset at that point and my faith in humanity needs time to recover. :/
    (0)
    Last edited by Fae; 01-20-2017 at 03:41 AM.

Character
    Mortificator
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fae View Post
    I've made less than 16 gm calls in the 14 years or whatever since the game came out. But about half of them have been over people not willing to share.

Basically, this is the procedure I follow.
    1) Kindly ask if they could leave your camp to you since you were there first. If they start arguing or ignore you and do it again, go to step 3.
    2) Negotiate with them and be friendly. If this doesn't work then...
    3) Call a GM, it sucks to have to do it and I'm sure the GM has other things they'd rather deal with too but without someone with authority to keep things civil, civility gets thrown out the window very quickly with some people. Note that whoever you call a GM on will probably "rage call" a GM on you in revenge so there's more than one reason not to do this if you don't have to. The GMs I think have access to the logs as well, so if you were civil and followed the SE player guidelines in that you are not supposed to negatively affect the experience of others and be considerate then it will be pretty clear what is going on. If you do this and weren't there first they'll know that too.

I don't like to feel like I can't solve my own problems but sometimes you need a GM and the service works well and they're always very nice to talk to. If I do GM call I leave the camp after the report because I don't want it to seem I was using a GM call to get what I want. Plus I'm usually upset at that point and my faith in humanity needs time to recover. :/
    Got nicer GM's then Asura, I called a GM on 2 bsts who were collecting the entire area i was trying to jp farm in and the GM told me what they're doing isn't nice but not against the rules even though between the two of them they were clearing out over half the zone each time leaving only odd repops for me to kill, The GM told me to leave the zone and find another instead of doing something over a broken mechanic of the game. Personally i think they should limit the kill count back 2 back like how they kill it to 5, would kill their parties and make them only collect groups of 5 at a time as more would be pointless.
    (0)

Character
    Triffle
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    There is a reason you get kicked out of that room which I find completely understandable. There's a bunch of places you can JP, but you decide to JP in the one spot that drops Mandragora Sprouts. That's a high level cooking ingredient for Bubbly Broths that can only be found from those mandragora in that one room.

I have myself booted people JPing out of there for that reason. There's plenty of places you can go, I'm not gonna stop farming for you.
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Triffle View Post
    There is a reason you get kicked out of that room which I find completely understandable. There's a bunch of places you can JP, but you decide to JP in the one spot that drops Mandragora Sprouts. That's a high level cooking ingredient for Bubbly Broths that can only be found from those mandragora in that one room.

I have myself booted people JPing out of there for that reason. There's plenty of places you can go, I'm not gonna stop farming for you.
    If you were on my server and you asked me nicely, I would just give you the stupid sprouts if I was JPing there.

Seriously, I vendor 5-10 stacks of those after a good session. I'd be more than happy to give them away. For free.

But instead of butting in on people, you could, you know, ask? Politely? They might just give you what you need if you let them alone.
    (0)

Character
    Triffle
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Your server must not be very competitive then. I have to fight fellow cooks for the same spot as well as JPers. I don't differentiate between any of you anymore and I prefer to just steamroll since many of you do the same thing.

On our server we have people who JP and then try to upsell stacks of the sprouts for 5x the AH value. Crafting is a competitive business and I'm going to get my stuff for free instead of paying up the nose for mats. Kudos to you if you want to offer yours up, but that never happens on Asura.
    (0)
    Last edited by Triffle; 03-12-2017 at 04:20 AM.

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    People say how "awesome" Asura is all the time, but you know what? I like the lower population server. Sure, it is hard as nuts to find things like Blurred weapons on the AH, but at least we don't have to put up with that.
    (3)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    People show up in escha-zitah and run into mobs aggrod onto me just to intentionally hit them instead of the 10+ mobs all over the place. It's actually disgusting.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    People show up in escha-zitah and run into mobs aggrod onto me just to intentionally hit them instead of the 10+ mobs all over the place. It's actually disgusting.
    Pop an AoE or two to make sure that they cant simply steal agro, then switch targets to the one they are targeting to boot them off the claim. I've seen others try to Provoke mobs off of me after my BLU/BLM did a Firaga and fail to get claim immediately, it's definitely possible to retain claim from jerks. I also tend to kill my pull if I see another group heading my way to make sure that mine are not stolen, and that I don't accidentally steal others' pulls. Only time this tactic fails is when I lag just enough for everything to appear on my screen to be {Over there.}, when they are actually {This way.} and inside my AOE range. ^^;; Usually only happens when someone else brings in a pack of 20+.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I pull the entire camp to the zone entrance, sleep the mobs and afk there for 30-60m.
    Much better alternative.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast