Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
^^
This, and/or these armors are great for people who do not intend to get into Endgame Progression, who just want some decent armor for solo purposes. I have Skirmish+1 (I abused mules' Red Mog Pells to get it LOL), but I would also enjoy getting some Ambuscade Armor too for other jobs for some decent solo armor.

Escha doesn't sound like anything I'm likely to get in anytime soon, so naturally the next tier down would be Ambuscade. Since they are picky about what jobs they'll take, I'll just settle for the NQ set. Good enough for me, for now.
Most Escha-Zi'tah T1s are actually quite doable in starter gear for smaller groups (2-4 ppl) using tank+healer trusts and ranged jobs to avoid aoe and TP feed issues. I've run sparks geared mages thru before as a non-master BST to provide the sc, and we actually made it thru all of T1 and T2 w/ no deaths other than a one of my own (due to player error ^^;; not difficulty). Try to find one helpful BST or SCH and you should be able to trio your way thru with a bit of practice. They only cost about 6k/pop using fishkabobs from Curio, so losses on learning runs don't make you wince at least. XD