(0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    That was part of my point. Don't blame Legion'ers for Ambuscade issues. (There really aren't that many of us after all. XD Plus, we're not getting into Legion unless the Ambuscade queue is empty.)

Ask for increased number of instances, ask for an afk timeout to limit griefing like I suggested earlier, ask for something that can help many w/o harming any.

Complaining about people using the Legion zone to do Legion is like complaining that levelers are slowing down your HTB farming by doing actual mission fights. :/ Players using the zones for their original intended purpose are not a problem in any way.
    Indeed.

One of Ambuscade's biggest issues was making so much limited to 1.

1. One area to enter from should have included Selbina at least.
    2. One zone to fight in, they had plenty they could have used, still limited it to one enemy, but randomly teleport you elsewhere. I mean they could have used Aht Urhgan battlefield zones. They're never used.
    3. Trading one item at a time to upgrade.

People soloing are NOT the real issue.
    (2)

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    People soloing are NOT the real issue.
    Theyre not the main complaint, no. But they're ABSOLUTELY making the problem worse.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Domille View Post
    Theyre not the main complaint, no. But they're ABSOLUTELY making the problem worse.
    The biggest issue is Ambuscade's appeal, it attracts practically everyone, from the most casual to the most hardcore, and funneling entire servers into one fight every month is poor design, no other way to look at it. Instead of updating older content such as Voidwatch in meaningful ways, effectively dividing the player base across more of the world, we have players repeating Ambuscade countless times each month not only for the exclusive gear, but also for REM upgrade items.
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Is it hard to get groups for Ambuscade?

I've been wanting to get into Ambuscade, but I don't have an endgame linkshell, and I'm nowhere near geared good enough. Every time I see Ambuscade group shouts, they want VD (Very Difficult) and usually Volume One.

I'm a newbie who thinks they should stick with Volume Two (and I've never done Ambuscade before, so that's all I got open to me)..... but very few people shout for Volume Two and they ask for VD the few times I do see V2 shouts.

I want something a bit easier, but I bet nobody is interested in the easier difficulty, and would people take my i-118 wimpy butt into VD? Last time I checked, people are pretty picky about gear and job; I have a 99 WAR with Skirmish gear, but a family member has a THF with Reforged AF+1. Would they take her? Probably not, I'm guessing.

That's why people solo.

Unless, of course, I'm wrong and people will take lesser geared people, but we've both had bad experiences with people being picky, especially with her THF.
    (0)

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Ambuscade volume 1 is *almost* always done with an exact setup (whoever finds it works first ruins it for everyone).

Volume 2 you can take basically literally anything. You should not be in anything less than full 119 even if you started yesterday. Maybe 2 days, to be reasonable.

Any 119 DD with some sushi and uses macros, is good enough for vol2. Anything less than taking 6 people for Vol2 VD is a complete waste of your and literally everyone on your servers time.

Unfortunately, humans as a whole are a pain in the ass. and want BLU ONRY. with RMEA. for blindfolded piss-easy content.
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Unfortunately, humans as a whole are a pain in the ass. and want BLU ONRY. with RMEA. for blindfolded piss-easy content.
    This is precisely the point I was trying to make: The community makes its own bed and then must lay in it.

If the community wants fewer people soloing, then maybe they should stop being so picky. It just drives people to avoid groups and to solo whenever/whatever possible and since Very Easy can sometimes be solo'd, people will just solo that instead of joining VD groups that are going "BLU ONRY!".

Want to see fewer soloers? Stop being so picky.

EDIT: BTW, we are full 119 (a couple of my jobs are 118, I think but we both do have enough stuff that we're 119) and we've been so for several months, but have been avoiding Ambuscade and other areas because 1). It's so difficult to find out what we can actually handle with just the two of us, and 2). How picky people are, especially with her being a THF, and 3). Finding forums that are actually populated by people of our server (Slyph) is next to impossible. Can't really find any sort of inlet to talking to other people on our server like one used to be able to do, etc.
    (0)
    Last edited by Aysha; 01-18-2017 at 08:51 AM.

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    It's a community problem, that's the problem. The soloers I'm seeing don't even try to ask to join.

I'm more than happy to take *almost* anyone if I run the group. You have to competent... which isn't hard. Can you hit control 1 and control 2, sometimes alt 1? cause that is the entirety of FFXI skill.

with sushi and 119? Good enough.

Talk to Jeanpaul, he's a good guy and VERY helpful slyph player. http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Sylph/Jeanpaul
    (1)
    Last edited by Domille; 01-18-2017 at 08:57 AM.

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Talk to Jeanpaul, he's a good guy and VERY helpful slyph player. http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Sylph/Jeanpaul
    Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look that guy up.

See, we're like... nobodies... and neither of us are really good at being social. And we've returned after years of being away and we don't know anybody, lol. We wouldn't know who to ask, etc. Between my family member being older with slower reaction times, and me having a variable work schedule, an Endgame LS is out of the question.

I wouldn't mind, however, having at least some decent armor that we can have fun in-game which is why I wanted to try Ambuscade to see what pieces we can squeak out. Even if it is incredibly slow progress, lol.

But thanks for the helpful information, will definitely look into it.
    (0)

Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    It's a community problem, that's the problem. The soloers I'm seeing don't even try to ask to join.

I'm more than happy to take *almost* anyone if I run the group. You have to competent... which isn't hard. Can you hit control 1 and control 2, sometimes alt 1? cause that is the entirety of FFXI skill.

with sushi and 119? Good enough.

Then the problem is really that the Gallantry is not enough of an incentive to get people to group. Looks like they're some Empyrean reforging items so:

Building Emps-looking for group
    Not Building Emps- not looking for group.

I guess whatever is being soldfor Gallantry is not enough for people to give up the freedom to come and go as they please.
    (0)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast