Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    The same on all games a content will be vastly more populated at certain key times.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    The same on all games a content will be vastly more populated at certain key times.
    OP has a point though, if it reaches the point described then perhaps it should be adjusted. Just avoiding JP and NA peak times isn't always an option for people so I can see why players would be upset.
    (0)

Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    And that is why I am against server merges (for now). Solving the Ambuscade congestion problem is practically a prereq for a server merge.
    (0)

Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Domille View Post
    There is more than a half hour wait between fights and the fight lasts 90 seconds. That's absurd.
    That's probably as a group doing the lamias. If it's a soloer, I'm guessing they're skipping the whole Charm thing and fighting the flan instead. I'm hearing it takes about 10 minutes for a soloer, and that's if the player is on a job that is decent at doing mixed damage (like, say, COR or SMN).
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketaru View Post
    That's probably as a group doing the lamias. If it's a soloer, I'm guessing they're skipping the whole Charm thing and fighting the flan instead. I'm hearing it takes about 10 minutes for a soloer, and that's if the player is on a job that is decent at doing mixed damage (like, say, COR or SMN).
    I can't see how the flan could take 10min tbh.. after like 2-3min it starts taking extreme damage and just melts. o.o;;
    Took ~3-4min for me to duo Difficult w/ a newish thf (new lsmate who's not geared enough to handle harder difficulties yet) w/o doing anything special. Roughly same times regardless of the physical job I went on (tried BLU/THF/BST, BST/BLU both mastered) and really just comes down to letting the tank hold hate until the phase shifts and damage skyrockets then toss out a few sc to squish it. Also tried BLM/GEO nukes and they were the usual Ambuscade MDT-99% -_-;;; Just sit on it til it switches modes, the splatter it w/ ws/sc... no need to focus on mixed dmg jobs. Any physical dmg jobs should wreck it fine (assuming capped acc of course.)

Also... I find it amusing that this is basically a "This event is too popular! Please nerf!" thread. :3
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 01-15-2017 at 10:45 AM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Also... I find it amusing that this is basically a "This event is too popular! Please nerf!" thread. :3
    Far from it.

What this thread is, is a "scrubs are wasting my time thread, make them stop or fix it". People are literally going in and standing there for the entire 30 minutes apparently just to clog the system up.

There is ZERO reason to solo ambuscade. Absolutely none. I don't care if you're naked 99. team. the. hell. up. With other naked 99s.
    (0)

Character
    Folken
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 1
    I can't see how the flan could take 10min tbh.. after like 2-3min it starts taking extreme damage and just melts. o.o;;
    Took ~3-4min for me to duo Difficult w/ a newish thf (new lsmate who's not geared enough to handle harder difficulties yet) w/o doing anything special. Roughly same times regardless of the physical job I went on (tried BLU/THF/BST, BST/BLU both mastered) and really just comes down to letting the tank hold hate until the phase shifts and damage skyrockets then toss out a few sc to squish it. Also tried BLM/GEO nukes and they were the usual Ambuscade MDT-99% -_-;;; Just sit on it til it switches modes, the splatter it w/ ws/sc... no need to focus on mixed dmg jobs. Any physical dmg jobs should wreck it fine (assuming capped acc of course.)
    For some reason, sometimes it switches to an Addle/MDef down/MEva down aura instead of the ideal one. It starts taking very little magic damage and the physical damage doesn't go up. Sometimes it just doesn't switch auras out of the initial Slow/Def down/Eva down aura. No idea what triggers the switches.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Domille View Post
    Far from it.

What this thread is, is a "scrubs are wasting my time thread, make them stop or fix it". People are literally going in and standing there for the entire 30 minutes apparently just to clog the system up.

There is ZERO reason to solo ambuscade. Absolutely none. I don't care if you're naked 99. team. the. hell. up. With other naked 99s.
    Naked party? Sounds like fun

Hadn't heard about any griefing like that though.. How did you hear about this happening? Was someone foolish enough to announce that they were doing it? Unfounded rumors? (I actually want to know, since actual evidence would lend strength to the request for any necessary adjustments/actions on the devs' part.)

If that is indeed happening, perhaps an auto-boot from zone if no actions by any party members within 10min? Could be as low as 5min, but I have seen ppl DC on zone-in and it took a bit to get logged back in due to the "That character is already logged in. Please wait." issue.. -_-;; Anything lower than 10min runs the risk of creating new complaint points due to that, but 10min seems fair enough to me at least.

As far as soloing goes, a soloer has just as much right to the content as a grouper. They are getting far less reward than a grouper anyways, and the lower difficulties were made for a reason. I sincerely doubt that anyone soloing for wins is the main cause of the congestion. Anyone who is going in with the intention to afk for 30min just to clog up the queue though should be found guilty of breaking the TOS by griefing and should be punished accordingly.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    As far as soloing goes, a soloer has just as much right to the content as a grouper. They are getting far less reward than a grouper anyways, and the lower difficulties were made for a reason. I sincerely doubt that anyone soloing for wins is the main cause of the congestion.
    No, they don't. I don't mind the "it's my 12.95 argument" do whatever you want with your time. But when your being slow is affecting my 12.95. you need to stop.

Do /sea legion. There was NINE damn people soloing earlier. NINE OF THEM. ALL SOLOING AMBUSCADE. THAT'S RIDICULOUS.

This is DISGUSTING and NEEDS to STOP NOW.
    (1)
    Last edited by Domille; 01-15-2017 at 10:26 PM.

Character
    Stoobey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I don't think you can be angry at people for going in solo, as mentioned before the event was designed for parties (both full and low man) or solo, trusts were shown in the original pictures. Your complaint is you are on a very populated server and not enough instances exist for everyone to use.

Ambuscade has always been busy for the first weekend on Asura, it usually dies down when the events start (around the second week, but they started early this month).

It is not disgusting in any way, people pay the money and are playing by the rules. If you want to get angry, be angry about the number of zones
    (1)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast