Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

More Melee Gear for Brd/Rdm?

Hello there,

I'm posting this with a small hope that Brd and Rdm are hopefully added to the next set of melee Ambuscade armor. Some people are thinking this might be the Homam set, which would be kind of neat!

The reasoning behind this is that Brd and Rdm do have good potential to melee and have some armor options out there, but they simply need more. Brd essentially only has Chironic and Telchine. Telchine desperately lacks attack and accuracy, while Chironic desperately lacks base attribute stats (Str/Dex) and is very limited in its melee augments. The situation is about the same for Rdm except that while they have access to Taeon gear, they don't have access to 119 Hecatomb gear like Brd.

I feel like recently Smn was given some really great options for melee in these last couple updates, which it truly needed since they were mostly limited to Onca Suit or DM augmented Merlinic gear to have decent accuracy.

So please add Brd and Rdm to the next melee ambuscade set!!

I'm sure some Whms probably want more DD armor as well, so maybe don't forget about them.
    (1)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    They will have to be on it.

FLAMMA - WAR DRK PLD SAM DRG
    TALI'AH - PUP BST SMN
    MUMMU - MNK THF RNG NIN COR DNC
    NEW SET - RDM BLU RUN (More or less guaranteed) BRD (IMO should also be on it as they don't suit pure mage armour.)
    LAST SET - WHM BLM SCH GEO
    (1)
    Last edited by Jakuk; 01-05-2017 at 10:47 AM.

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Here's hoping!!

It's getting kinda old how they just stick Brd on the pure mage armor when they often do very little for Brd itself, often lacking Brd-related stats. These pieces are not useless generally, but versatility in armor for Brd is sorely needed.
    (0)
    Last edited by Creelo; 01-05-2017 at 11:56 AM.

Player
    It would be greatly appreciated to at least have the option of meleeing on BRD. It's a pretty big sore spot for my inner spoony one that basically all of the escha sets that bard is on have nothing to do with "bard" in any way. Please toss us a bone here so we can at least take advantage of our not-horrible dagger skill if you have no intention to stop gearing us for our subjob rather than main job. T_T
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Creelo View Post
    Here's hoping!!

It's getting kinda old how they just stick Brd on the pure mage armor when they often do very little for Brd itself, often lacking Brd-related stats. These pieces are not useless generally, but versatility in armor for Brd is sorely needed.
    IMO It just makes sense for BRD to be on the same armour as the other jobs that augment themselves RDM RUN and BLU. At least Melee is something BRD can do regardless the SubJob they choose.

-

Personally, the next set I'd like to see them on is a type of "Enhancing Armour" that could possibly have a universal "Duration" buff.

Something like:

Augmenters Robe
    DEF:119 HP+85 MP+150 STR+16 DEX+19 VIT+16 AGI+15 INT+40 MND+40 CHR+40 Magic Accuracy+30 Evasion+40 Magic Evasion+150 All Magic Skills +15 Haste+4% "Fast Cast"+10% Enhancement duration +40 "Refresh" +3

BRD WHM RDM SCH
    (0)

Character
    Mitosis
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    i have to agree i am playing rdm atm accuracy on that is hard, eventually got it to about 1000 with taeon gear and composure and gain dex, but would of been good if we had something like herc gear on rdm, like whats the point of giving us like temper and temper 2 and b skill in swords if we cant hit end game content, sure we can nuke but some of us want to melee aswell, would be really good if new gear like res gear was available to rdm for melee but we are stuck with old skirmish gear please SE listen to us and get something sorted.
    (0)

Character
    Ketaru
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbsie View Post
    i have to agree i am playing rdm atm accuracy on that is hard, eventually got it to about 1000 with taeon gear and composure and gain dex, but would of been good if we had something like herc gear on rdm, like whats the point of giving us like temper and temper 2 and b skill in swords if we cant hit end game content, sure we can nuke but some of us want to melee aswell, would be really good if new gear like res gear was available to rdm for melee but we are stuck with old skirmish gear please SE listen to us and get something sorted.
    That's a bit unfair to say- RDM isn't stuck with Skirmish gear. It can also use Despair, Carmine, Chironic, and Jahkri. Between all that and Taeon, getting desirable accuracy and other bonuses really shouldn't be an issue. Some of that is harder to get, and one set is limited to a specific time frame (of which a new Ambuscade melee set will not solve, since that is also time limited). But most melee jobs now aren't really on par unless they have some of their respective Geas Fete gear. I think our WS sets are lacking, but I've never found Accuracy to be an issue.

Up to a point, a RDM is probably even an acceptable replacement for a meleer.

If anything, I think it's our nuking that is no longer up to par. BLM nuking can break the displayed damage limit. RDM can't reach anything close to that. When looking for nuker, a RDM would never be a suitable replacement for a BLM or SCH.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ketaru; 01-06-2017 at 11:08 PM.
    "NeED★RdM? PLeaSe sENd★teLL!"

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbsie View Post
    RDM is quite easy, currently sitting on 1100 myself (before Composure / Gain-DEX etc) and I'm missing a second ring, neck, and a good waist. Can get around 1200 with enough gil/time. Not to mention doing so hits us a little less when our multi-attack comes from spells and can increase our DMG with enspells.
    (0)

9. 01-06-2017 11:38 PM

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Yasssssss!!

Wanted to say thank you for this!! Even Whm got on the new set!
    (0)