Greetings, adventurers, and a happy new year! (I realize this is the second time I have wished you a happy new year, but please bear with me.)

Although we're only a few days into 2017, I'd like to share with you some details on what you can expect in 2017.

In this first update of 2017, we've decided to tinker with our two most recent types of battle content. First, with regards to Omen, we are adding new spoils that can be obtained from the various notorious monsters and treasure coffers within. We've also been adding some synthesis recipes using these new items, so keep an eye out for those when the update hits the servers!
Second, we're doing the usual changes to Ambuscade, but this time we've got a little something extra. We're adding the two types of Ambuscade tickets—he normal and a +1 versions—to the standard fare of Ambuscade awards, making it easier to grab that special piece of equipment you've been waiting for.

We're also adding rewards to certain battlefields and implementing a new status icon so that you can see the remaining duration on your indicolure geomancy spells.

The holiday season is a busy time for everyone, and the team has been working extra hard under a very tight schedule. The patch content itself is rather compact, but we believe that it will still provide the new experiences you've come to expect from FINAL FANTASY XI and will serve as a great first step into the Vana'diel of 2017.

As is customary, we've prepared a table of items that are scheduled for implementation in January. Unexpected issues may arise that prevent some of these items from making the deadline, and we apologize in advance if such is this case.

Content and System-related
Implementation TimingImplementation TimingIn-progress TaskNotes
JanuaryAmbuscade・Add new notorious monsters-
JanuaryIndicolure geomancy spells ・Add icons-
JanuaryOmen・Adjust system-
Battle-related
JanuaryTrust・Add new properties-
Item-related
JanuaryOmen・Create new items-
JanuaryAmbuscade・Create new items-