Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnNotice View Post
    If you think about it for a moment, the dev did pull 15-year-old armors and gave them upgrades already without limitation. So, I can't see the limitations they would face doing the same for the AF weapons. And if I recall correctly, it will take very little resources to do this. Plus, I am sure if there is enough demand for it, they will consider it.
    Artifact armor has unique models whereas AF weapons do not. To me this is the critical issue. Who cares about a throwaway item that doesn't even have a unique look? The appearance of artifact armor defines the jobs that can equip it. Artifact weapons have the same models as trash weapons that you can buy from NPCs.

Also, while it's true that artifact armor is ~15 years old, SE had already set a precedent for upgrading the armor in Limbus. These armors have already been established by SE as something they want to preserve and continue to upgrade.

Finally, again what part of the player base are the weapons going to be for? Are they going to fill a niche and actually be useful to people (maybe but unlikely since they will be in the weapon slot)? Will they be too weak and and not worth the trouble (likely)? Would SE completely go the other way and overpower them (unlikely)? To me, I don't think it's worth the effort.
    (0)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    They could have us upgrade them through Magian Trials, upping them to ilvl119 and have us add the element bonuses, (+STR, +Dex etc) and you could have an Element weapon that has a permanent Elemental Enspell on it (which would make it good alternate weapon for a particular type of mob)

They would be good "XXX Killer" weapons
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Teraniku View Post
    They could have us upgrade them through Magian Trials, upping them to ilvl119 and have us add the element bonuses, (+STR, +Dex etc) and you could have an Element weapon that has a permanent Elemental Enspell on it (which would make it good alternate weapon for a particular type of mob)

They would be good "XXX Killer" weapons
    Pretty sure the devs would be loathe to touch the Magian System again. Once they reach a certain point with any content, they tend to kill any further chance of additions to that content. Magian trials are so far past that "no more" point that the devs would be more inclined to add an entirely new method/system than make changes to the Magian stuff.

There is absolutely zero reason that there should be any grind of any type associated with something like this. Simple continuation quests from the stopping point in the original questlines would make more sense. Simple to implement, can logically justify any weapon-type changes w/ a trade-in quest (ex: WAR's axe > g.axe, BLM's club > staff,) and more story is always nice to have.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3