Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    Then... That's okay? Is a player allowed to prefer what they prefer?
    I didn't say it wasn't, but I am curious as to why you prefer it.

Now I'm asking myself why so many people shy away from discussion on message boards. :x
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Diavolo View Post

You have it all wrong. The game was/is designed to accommodate thousands. It's only certain players that feel the same way you do and, dare I say, they need to expand their view of the world, both literally and figuratively. If the first CP/JP camp is taken then use that as an opportunity to discover new camps, same with BCNMs/HTBFs. You have a point with Ambuscade, but that's clearly just poor game design as even the quietest of servers face wait times, sometimes longer than the ones on Asura as was pointed out on a FFXIAH thread a few months back (10 min waits on Sylph, I think it was, vs 2 mins on Asura one Friday night).
    It's something I noticed too, I think it's because on more populated servers people are less directed toward one content. When you have enough people to do a lot of content, you tend to spread out, when you don't have a lot of people (especially casual players) just settle for the most accessible content. You can't do x because you are new and don't know how to work, you can't do y because there aren't enough people online, so you just settled for the most accessible things everyone is doing (Ambu).
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

Now I'm asking myself why so many people shy away from discussion on message boards. :x
    Maybe you weren't but the other guy was. Sometimes you wanna keep to yourself a lot of the time, even in a multi-player game. I've responded as such in other similar threads on merges and server jumping. The MMO aspect goes beyond grouping together to do content, after all. I like not having to compete for Tenzen (although JPs here actually do Levi the most). I like not having to compete for Ambuscade entry KI mobs. #2 in Reisenjima is always open. I've only seen #9 completely occupied once, briefly. I'm sure you or Jin will tell me I'm selfish, but I like Valefor and accept it as it is.

But seriously, it must be an unpopular opinion because pro-Asura people like to jump all over me whenever I dare to even mention that it might not be for everyone. It's funny to me because all I said is that Asura sounds great for some people but may not be the ideal server for everybody, even a returning player. I didn't think that it was a controversial statement.
    (3)

Player
    Probably because you idea of Asura is utterly bizarre, downright funny. There are 1,200 players on Asura on average. Not 9 millions.

Recomanding a returning player a dead server is a dead sentence in most castes. A returning player won't care about people who multibox/solo Tenzen, because he can't do Tenzen at all. He also can't do Vagary because there are no shouts for it and the event is intimidating to anyone who is new. Same for Delve. He needs to ask people, but a returning player won't know anybody. Even if he makes fast friends, no one is going to be always online and available to do stuff in a population of 300, where most people are already settled in comfortable niches. There are literally 0 advantages for a returning player or even a new one in a "quiet" server.
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    As someone who has recently returned from a 7 year break and leveled with someone BRAND NEW TO THE GAME I highly recommend a low pop server like Valefor.
    (2)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin_Uzuki View Post
    Probably because you idea of Asura is utterly bizarre, downright funny. There are 1,200 players on Asura on average. Not 9 millions.

Recomanding a returning player a dead server is a dead sentence in most castes. A returning player won't care about people who multibox/solo Tenzen, because he can't do Tenzen at all. He also can't do Vagary because there are no shouts for it and the event is intimidating to anyone who is new. Same for Delve. He needs to ask people, but a returning player won't know anybody. Even if he makes fast friends, no one is going to be always online and available to do stuff in a population of 300, where most people are already settled in comfortable niches. There are literally 0 advantages for a returning player or even a new one in a "quiet" server.
    You know, I didn't recommend a dead server. You realize that right? All things being equal, I would point someone towards Asura and wish them the best of luck. Again, what I said was that Asura sounds great for some people but may not be ideal for everybody. If English isn't your first language I apologize, but I'm not sure how I can make it any clearer.
    (1)

Player
    You know, I didn't recommend a dead server. You realize that right? All things being equal, I would point someone towards Asura and wish them the best of luck. Again, what I said was that Asura sounds great for some people but may not be ideal for everybody. If English isn't your first language I apologize, but I'm not sure how I can make it any clearer.
    No, I'm just telling you your idea of Asura as this server literally exploding with players to the point you can't farm 10 ambu mobs or you need to wait 10 minutes for Tenzen is completely wrong.

I don't think you know how MMORPG population work. 1000 players are literally lol.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jin_Uzuki; 01-03-2017 at 04:01 PM.

Sometimes you wanna keep to yourself a lot of the time, even in a multi-player game. I've responded as such in other similar threads on merges and server jumping. The MMO aspect goes beyond grouping together to do content, after all. I like not having to compete for Tenzen (although JPs here actually do Levi the most). I like not having to compete for Ambuscade entry KI mobs. #2 in Reisenjima is always open. I've only seen #9 completely occupied once, briefly. I'm sure you or Jin will tell me I'm selfish, but I like Valefor and accept it as it is.
    There's nothing selfish about wanting to keep to yourself, I actually do a whole lot of that myself. Like Jin mentioned, I believe too many people on the quieter servers have this false image of Asura in their heads based on comments I've seen on the various message boards. I can solo night and day, all week long without having to worry about the wait times or overcrowding situations despite what you may have heard. You can also multibox wherever you please if that's more your thing. I can capture videos of notorious multiboxers on Asura doing all the things players on other servers are afraid they wouldn't be able to do here if it needs to come to that.

I just spent the night getting a few support jobs to 50 on an alt account, knocked out about 20 Escha Zi'Tah NMs for vorseals/gear and killed Quetzalcoatl 15 times for silt, acc+ vorseals, stones and some beads solo/dual boxed. I couldn't have done all that by staying on my ghost town of a server nor would I have the benefit of the active economy or the option of jumping into PUGs should the desire arise.

But seriously, it must be an unpopular opinion because pro-Asura people like to jump all over me whenever I dare to even mention that it might not be for everyone. It's funny to me because all I said is that Asura sounds great for some people but may not be the ideal server for everybody, even a returning player. I didn't think that it was a controversial statement.
    It is for everyone, though. You're capable of doing everything you can do on your smaller server with all the benefits that come from being on the largest. The only real hurdle is convincing your friends/LS mates to make the move along with you and swallowing the transfer fee.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    There's nothing selfish about wanting to keep to yourself, I actually do a whole lot of that myself. Like Jin mentioned, I believe too many people on the quieter servers have this false image of Asura in their heads based on comments I've seen on the various message boards. I can solo night and day, all week long without having to worry about the wait times or overcrowding situations despite what you may have heard. You can also multibox wherever you please if that's more your thing. I can capture videos of notorious multiboxers on Asura doing all the things players on other servers are afraid they wouldn't be able to do here if it needs to come to that.

I just spent the night getting a few support jobs to 50 on an alt account, knocked out about 20 Escha Zi'Tah NMs for vorseals/gear and killed Quetzalcoatl 15 times for silt, acc+ vorseals, stones and some beads solo/dual boxed. I couldn't have done all that by staying on my ghost town of a server nor would I have the benefit of the active economy or the option of jumping into PUGs should the desire arise.
    Hey you know what? Fair enough. Your Domain Invasion farming situation sounds lovely. That's definitely a downside to Valefor, as we lose blessings in Ru'aun and Zi'tah fairly regularly.

It is for everyone, though. You're capable of doing everything you can do on your smaller server with all the benefits that come from being on the largest. The only real hurdle is convincing your friends/LS mates to make the move along with you and swallowing the transfer fee.
    I'm not convinced that there are no downsides and that Asura is ideal for everyone. However, I think I see where you're coming from a little more clearly now.
    (2)

I'll say it again, there's something about Valefor's water lol.
    (1)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast