Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

"Alter Ego Extravaganzas" Request to the Devs

Since the update which added access to several trusts thru Records of Eminence, it has bothered me that they are still available (read: "taking up space") from the extravaganzas. Their continued inclusion is confusing to everyone once they notice it, and frequently frustrating when someone buys ciphers which turn out to be unusable.
    Please remove them, and preferably replace them with other difficult to obtain trusts.

Exerpt from the front page announcement:
    "- From the Far East, the enigmatic Tenzen!
    - The Springserpent General herself, Mihli Aliapoh!
    - Valaineral R Davilles, master of the Uriel Blade!
    - Coming to you straight from Abyssea, Joachim!"

All four of these are currently ALWAYS available already. There is zero reason or logic behind continuing to include them in the extravaganza campaigns.

I would like to suggest the following as replacements (even though I doubt it would be possible to apply to the New Year's one coming in January):
    - Fablinix
    - Aldo
    - Moogle (Sakura is available from the spring/fall extravaganzas, so this would make a LOT of sense as a counterpoint available from the winter/summer ones)

- (NEW) Prof. Schultz ~ SCH/rdm, Light Arts / Healing Magic only. Dedicated healing trust capable of replacing Yoran-Oran(UC) and Apururu(UC) as a reliable trust healer. The combat model already exists (ref. SCH limit break quest,) there are currently no healing SCH trusts, and gaining access to a non-UC endgame-viable healer would have the immense benefit of opening up the option of actual choice for Unity Concord.

Development Team, please seriously consider these suggestions.
    (5)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 12-27-2016 at 09:53 AM.

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    All trusts need to be available every single day the servers are up.
    100% of content should be accessible 100% of the time.
    (3)

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    there are currently no healing SCH trusts, and gaining access to a non-UC endgame-viable healer would have the immense benefit of opening up the option of actual choice for Unity Concord.

Development Team, please seriously consider these suggestions.
    Minor Disagreement;

You don't know as much about trusts as you think, aside from the other times you're wrong, http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Trust:_Adelheid

Healing Scholar.

I don't care how good you make another healer, people aren't going to change from Yoran. Not because he's the best healer, but because he's Almost completely immune to all status debuffs.

But I do like the idea of replacing the mentioned trusts. IF they will not be 100% available.

ALSO. ARK. ANGEL. HM. NOW. It's been 2 updates, you thought we'd forget about the AA trusts after the disaster that was GK and the laughable EV? WHERES MY MITHRA AND HUME.
    (0)
    Last edited by Domille; 12-28-2016 at 03:47 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Domille View Post
    Minor Disagreement;

You don't know as much about trusts as you think, aside from the other times you're wrong, http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Trust:_Adelheid

Healing Scholar.

I don't care how good you make another healer, people aren't going to change from Yoran. Not because he's the best healer, but because he's Almost completely immune to all status debuffs.

But I do like the idea of replacing the mentioned trusts. IF they will not be 100% available.

ALSO. ARK. ANGEL. HM. NOW. It's been 2 updates, you thought we'd forget about the AA trusts after the disaster that was GK and the laughable EV? WHERES MY MITHRA AND HUME.
    Adelheid is prioritized to nuke and don't think I've ever seen her use Light Arts even once. Or even Regens? She is officially classified as an offensive magic caster, uses various offensive WS/TP moves, nukes, and will very rarely cast the occasional backup/emergency cure. If you are basing your definition of "healer" solely on the ability to cast the "Cure" family of spells, then I guess Trion would be a healer as well? >_>;; Far from being an actual dedicated healer. So... how exactly am I wrong? ^^
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 12-28-2016 at 07:38 AM.

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I read on a wiki that adelheid is a light arts SCH but I've never seen her do anything except spam nukes whenever I've used her. She's useless.

Yoran/apururu being the only viable choices (I think apururu is 100x better) is pretty silly tbh.

Would be nice to make all the unity trusts available regardless of unity and just make them be a "fun" choice instead of "you now pick yoran or apururu and any other choice is stupid".

There's so much stuff I'd literally be unable to do without apururu or yoran healing me, they are far too useful to be a "choice".
    (0)

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    She will be the healer only if you cast her as the role of healer. I can't help you if you're doing it wrong.

If you have a whm, she will obviously not see the point in light arts.
    (0)

Player
    She will be the healer only if you cast her as the role of healer. I can't help you if you're doing it wrong.

If you have a whm, she will obviously not see the point in light arts.
    Nothing on either wikia or bgwiki says anything about any healing abilities other than Cure family spells... which suck, since she's always in Dark Arts >.>;;; (I blame the DA penalty, but my BLM cures are nearly twice as strong as hers. Sylvie(UC) (who is GEO/RDM) cures for more than Adelheid.)

Just tested for myself, with just me (as blm/rdm, and as bst/nin) and her in party. On first engage: Immediate DA > A:B > helix > settled into steady helices/nukes/stun/TP moves while casting gimpy cures when either of us needed em. Yup, that sounds like a "healer" to me. <,<;; Also, the spell icon and spell sorting has her tagged officially as an offensive caster. I'm honestly confused as to why you believe that she is anything but that. :/ If you have found something that will force trigger LA/healer mode, please share with the rest of us since there is no record anywhere that she can do it and I was unable to trigger it. NOT sarcasm btw, I like learning new things. :3

I believe there could be no harm in adding a SCH/whm trust healer, so long as cure output is toe-to-toe with YO/Apu. Having the option available could open up UC choice to being an actual choice rather than "Yoran or Apu?" -_-;; I honestly don't know how well it would go in practice, but (on paper at least) a "Light Arts"/"Addendum: White" healing scholar (with full access to regens, -na's, and curagas) sounds rather attractive to me.
    (0)

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    She's a SCH that heals, that's the best you'll get.

Each whm designed has clearly defined flaws so none are always best. Cant make one whm do everything properly. "rules".

UCs are "special" "not gonna happen" "etc".

I want a proper RDM. A real DRG. An actual nin. None of those are ever going to happen. You aren't going to get a good "healer".

Yoran is the best because status immunities, without that, barely usable. UC whms spend too much time re-positioning and letting you die, that's their flaw.
    (0)

Player
    She's a SCH that heals, that's the best you'll get.

Each whm designed has clearly defined flaws so none are always best. Cant make one whm do everything properly. "rules".

UCs are "special" "not gonna happen" "etc".

I want a proper RDM. A real DRG. An actual nin. None of those are ever going to happen. You aren't going to get a good "healer".

Yoran is the best because status immunities, without that, barely usable. UC whms spend too much time re-positioning and letting you die, that's their flaw.

Koru is pretty close to a "proper RDM". He covers all the standard buffs/debuffs no? I think it would be asking for a bit much for a trust to cover all aspects of hybrid/multi-role capable jobs like RDM.
    DRG has the whole "pet of a pet" issue, which is probably close-to if not flat-out impossible for the devs to implement, so I can understand the lack of fully functional DRG/BST/PUP/SMN/GEO. (Although, Sylvie(UC) DOES need to be fixed so she does more than Indi-Refresh below level 75. ~_~;; Different issue entirely however.)
    What about Gessho do you not consider "actual NIN"? The only thing that I can think of that he is missing compared to a player are katana WS. :?

Are you arguing only for the sake of argument? Do you have any logical reason to believe that gaining access to a LA/A:W healer trust would be an actual "bad thing" or genuinely overpowered in any way?
    I basically requested the other half-a-scholar to match the DA/A:B one that we have access to now. ^^;; The fact that a major storyline character with a lot of potential like Schultz hasn't been made into a trust already is kinda baffling to me, so I feel like he's a good choice to fill a currently empty niche.

This thread is meant to address a specific issue with the lineup for the winter/summer extravaganzas having pointless duplicates, so I included a new suggestion for the 4th replacement (in part because they've already stated several times that Kupofried is intended to be "rare" and limited availabilty and couldn't think of any others which are not already available at least twice per year.) I don't believe there are currently any rules that would prevent a healing SCH trust from being added after all.

If you have better suggestions for the replacements than my suggestions, please do share. ^^ I enjoy a good debate/discussion, even if I am proven mistaken in the end. XD
    If you only want to decry the current state and viability of in-game trusts, please refrain from continued distraction from the primary issue at hand and post in a more appropriate thread. ^^;;
    (0)

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Well look. Koru is close, but wastes massive mp and gets himself convert killed too easily. If he would stop wasting mp on debuffs I don't need, he'd be great. King is closer to perfect, he only debuffs with dia III, but slower on the hastes, firagaIII is terrible, no convert, and arcana intimidation.

As far as a "real drg" all I want is shikaree Z trust without sub whm. that's not really that much to ask. A DD drg that is strictly dd. AAGK almost fulfills that role, but his att/str seem to be incredibly low, or something is wonky.

Gessho single wields. automatic fail the nin test. Maximillian is more of a ninja than gessho. AAHM in theory will be the NIN I'm looking for. But they keep delaying (obviously because a real nin trust is so OP right?)

I prefer they fix blatantly obvious issues than add more garbage. There is already what 10 whms? we dont need another healer, we need the bad ones to be fixed. They NEED the ability to turn off spells.

The original issue, i like, I +1'd it. Those trusts don't need an extravaganza, no trust should only be available from extravaganza. they should all be 100% accessible.
    (0)
    Last edited by Domille; 12-28-2016 at 09:15 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast