Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 208
  1. #191
    Player Ataraxia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    146
    Character
    Angelicsmile
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    SMN is really strong. Maybe it takes a lot of gear to do it but that applies to every job. Hate-free damage and the pet itself doesn't need any buffs. That's pretty huge, especially in today's endgame. I'm not calling for a nerf or anything but the job is incredibly strong, useful, and safe.

    It is pretty funny reading people share how the job's minor limitations are actually debilitating though.

    It's true SMN mythic / master job is very strong and safe. If the set Party have Geo Idris SMN can do 99,999 dmg easily. At the moment they should look into Puppet Master because this job is far behind DD like Blu and Drg.

    Akihiko Matsui and the team should look into making PUP pet a good DD. If a DD like Blue Mage with a set up like Geo Idris + Cor can WS 20,000 to 30,000 every 5 second than why can't Puppet Master Pet do at least 15,000 to 20,000 every 5 second? Currently, right now the damage is horrible.

    Message for the Dev team
    I enjoy playing PUP and I am not asking to be number 1 like SMN who does 99,999 dmg but what I'm asking is make pup good enough so they can fight and be welcome in Party. For example if SMN is so good at doing 99,999 than why can't a pup do 15,000 to 30,000 pet ws dmg at least? Akihiko Matsui I hope you try out playing Pup and see what you can do to make this job decent.
    (0)

  2. #192
    Player detlef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,640
    Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    PUP can tank though, that's something that SMN can't do. Both of those jobs are in a pretty stable place right now.
    (0)

  3. #193
    Player Ataraxia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    146
    Character
    Angelicsmile
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    PUP can tank though, that's something that SMN can't do. Both of those jobs are in a pretty stable place right now.

    PUP can tank that's true but they can also DD with pet ranger but the damage is not good enough. SMN doing 99,999 dmg and they can summon as many pet as they want as long as they have MP.

    I suppose you didn't know Blue Mage can tank too and they do tons of damage. They can fight Avatar on VD with the help of trust. I am a master pup and I can't fight avatar on VD even with trust. If somehow PUP use overdrive and manage to kill avatar by luck but I'm sure it won't be less than 3 minute. However, I can do that with Blue mage 3 minute or less.

    I would prefer Pld and Run tank so PUP have other rolls in pt and if their no pld or run in sight than sure why not PUP can tank. I don't want to see any pet job nerf but I like to see improvement. If they keep thing as is and not improve other job along the way than SMN will be King of FFXI master of damage 99,999. In fact, it be so popular and i too might be a smn. Now that's not all smn can 4x or 5x 99,999 Astral Conduit can be done in less than 20 second. At this moment SMN is officially KING of FFXI. Beast master goodbye rest in piece... I'm sure it's their dream too to do 99,999 dmg during unleash. :/ SE need to make Warrior and Samurai awesome again.
    (0)

  4. #194
    Player Domille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    159
    Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Literally watching SMNs now burn everything.

    Saw SMN burn Erynis yesterday.

    SMN burn Schah yesterday.

    SMN burn Albumen today.

    SMN burn Zerde today.

    SMN burn Onycphora was already a thing.

    SMN burn kirin is already a popular tactic.
    (3)

  5. #195
    Player Smokenttp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    96
    Character
    Smokenttp
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ataraxia View Post
    PUP can tank that's true but they can also DD with pet ranger but the damage is not good enough. SMN doing 99,999 dmg and they can summon as many pet as they want as long as they have MP.

    I suppose you didn't know Blue Mage can tank too and they do tons of damage. They can fight Avatar on VD with the help of trust. I am a master pup and I can't fight avatar on VD even with trust. If somehow PUP use overdrive and manage to kill avatar by luck but I'm sure it won't be less than 3 minute. However, I can do that with Blue mage 3 minute or less.

    I would prefer Pld and Run tank so PUP have other rolls in pt and if their no pld or run in sight than sure why not PUP can tank. I don't want to see any pet job nerf but I like to see improvement. If they keep thing as is and not improve other job along the way than SMN will be King of FFXI master of damage 99,999. In fact, it be so popular and i too might be a smn. Now that's not all smn can 4x or 5x 99,999 Astral Conduit can be done in less than 20 second. At this moment SMN is officially KING of FFXI. Beast master goodbye rest in piece... I'm sure it's their dream too to do 99,999 dmg during unleash. :/ SE need to make Warrior and Samurai awesome again.
    i was not even gonna touch this thread again but this will make me, i personaly did pretty close to that already and i was not even job master at the time ( in fact this screenshot is almost an year old and i had just obtained my 119 aymur) so this is the kind of thing that in my opinion need to change in this game,people pre judging a job before fully understanding game mechanincs, but since words might not be enough lets give photoproof:

    this was in fact during unleash as i had only healing trusts in pt and ended up dead anyway + was the day that i actually sucessfuly discoverd and tested what 5 step double light/darkness can do in this game.What i did here was swooping frenzy (reverberation) > smash axe (induration)> swooping frenzy (fragmentation due to induration + reverberation)> Swooping frenzy (light due to fragmentation + fusion) > Pentapeck (double light), and altough the target of my little adventure isnt something "omg thats so hard" the point here is simply the damage of the closing ws(pentapeck)... 18k turned into 83k thats all that matters, why? because most DDs can do similar results with light/darkness weapon skills , some even more. wich could go into a resolution debate but tbh its kinda pointless becasue resolution is in the exact same place leaden salute is: can dish out insane amounts of damage but can never reach an double light/darkness(and before you bring lionheart up keep in mind the weapon is rune fencer only meaning its not in a natural DD job), also even tough i have the potential to do this alone ffxi is still an party game meaning you can and should work out togther to produce skill chains but most of the pug DDs you get can only mesure their epeen instead of focus on the objective of taking down the foe before then, so instead of working together to produce similar results what you get is dps comprassion to see "who did more damge / i did my work better then you". (as a side note at the same time the magic burst system was upgraded so did the skill chain one (also the skill chain multiplier is bigger then the magic burst multiplier so this result was built in the game from a long time now to balance it out)).

    edit: altough i sound a bit harsh please do not take this as a personal offense as i had a rough day so i might have been a bit overboard but i will not reedit the original post too much to kinda get my point across
    (0)
    Last edited by Smokenttp; 02-24-2017 at 02:33 PM. Reason: organizing photo better

  6. #196
    Player Zeargi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Currently: Windurst
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by Ataraxia View Post
    PUP can tank that's true but they can also DD with pet ranger but the damage is not good enough. SMN doing 99,999 dmg and they can summon as many pet as they want as long as they have MP.
    At this moment SMN is officially KING of FFXI. Beast master goodbye rest in piece...
    First off, I'm calling BS on this for the simple fact that PUP has Dues Ex Automata. While SMN can replace out pets more quickly, they are way frailer than the PUP's Auto and the Auto can be buffed with the right head attached. But simply put: Deus -> Auto-Regen to Full -> Dismiss and you can summon a fresh auto with all it's HP, MP, near to no burden, and all the JA attachments ready to use instantly. >_> as for BST resting in piece, SE didn't change the DMG, just the range. BST is annoy as hell to play, but it is still VERY MUCH a power-house. I also have watched CORs deal out a crap ton of DMG from the safety of ranged as well, and yet no one bats an eye. Things are very much possible with a lot of jobs, you just have to have the right tools to do it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Zeargi; 02-24-2017 at 11:28 PM.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

  7. #197
    Player Ataraxia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    146
    Character
    Angelicsmile
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Domille View Post
    Literally watching SMNs now burn everything.

    Saw SMN burn Erynis yesterday.

    SMN burn Schah yesterday.


    SMN burn Albumen today.

    SMN burn Zerde today.

    SMN burn Onycphora was already a thing.

    SMN burn kirin is already a popular tactic.

    That's good you notice something too and I"m glad I am not the only one. Pup can't do nothing to those NM because many elite leader would prefer to have Rune Fencer Gambit or Rayke for magic burst over having a PUP.
    (0)

  8. #198
    Player Ataraxia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    146
    Character
    Angelicsmile
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    First off, I'm calling BS on this for the simple fact that PUP has Dues Ex Automata. While SMN can replace out pets more quickly, they are way frailer than the PUP's Auto and the Auto can be buffed with the right head attached. But simply put: Deus -> Auto-Regen to Full -> Dismiss and you can summon a fresh auto with all it's HP, MP, near to no burden, and all the JA attachments ready to use instantly. >_> as for BST resting in piece, SE didn't change the DMG, just the range. BST is annoy as hell to play, but it is still VERY MUCH a power-house. I also have watched CORs deal out a crap ton of DMG from the safety of ranged as well, and yet no one bats an eye. Things are very much possible with a lot of jobs, you just have to have the right tools to do it.

    I suppose you didn't know SMN pet can tank too? Ever heard of Dawn Mulsum if your inventory can handle it than that's the way to go spam and spam so your pet don't die. If one resort to using many Dawn Mulsum that just show the battle is a tough one. I'm surprise this is even allow to happen for so long because Bst, Smn can also tank too.

    From my personal experience SMN is probably the best pet job in game. The reason for that is simple DD love smn because it can buffer party and protect them from getting one shot by NM using Titan Earthen Armor. Pup and Bst can't protect others but only help itself survive bad situation. Pup need some support and adjustment to make it so their pet do decent amount of damage. I'm not asking for PUP to be like SMN doing 5x 99,999 with astral conduit in less than 20 second. There has to be something better for Pup than doing 5k to 7k Armor Shatterer.
    (1)

  9. #199
    Player Zeargi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Currently: Windurst
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by Ataraxia View Post
    I suppose you didn't know SMN pet can tank too? Ever heard of Dawn Mulsum if your inventory can handle it than that's the way to go spam and spam so your pet don't die. If one resort to using many Dawn Mulsum that just show the battle is a tough one. I'm surprise this is even allow to happen for so long because Bst, Smn can also tank too.

    From my personal experience SMN is probably the best pet job in game. The reason for that is simple DD love smn because it can buffer party and protect them from getting one shot by NM using Titan Earthen Armor. Pup and Bst can't protect others but only help itself survive bad situation. Pup need some support and adjustment to make it so their pet do decent amount of damage. I'm not asking for PUP to be like SMN doing 5x 99,999 with astral conduit in less than 20 second. There has to be something better for Pup than doing 5k to 7k Armor Shatterer.
    Yeah, I actually know the item because I can make it, and you seem to know that it doesn't stack, which means that it's not a good stratagem to use... Like, at all for SMN. And that's one of the reason it's allowed, which means that it's also not exclusive to just SMN/BST. PUP, DRG, and maybe GEO can also use the Dawn Mulsum. Also, no one said that BST couldn't tank... again, the only thing that's changed is the range. You also don't seem to understand that Earthen Armor won't save you if the DMG received is still greater than the overall HP remaining. The only ability that completely negates that kind of DMG is NIN's Migawari. And as for not helping other's, I'm again calling BS - The WHM Auto can be a very competent healer, can remove lots of statues from itself without the need for MP, Buff the Entire party with Protectra/Shellra/Haste/Etc., and can have Near Infinite MP through lots of means. The PLD Frame can take a beating and has provoke to control enmity, not mention is has an attachment that can act the same as Earthen Armor. You can give your Auto: Meditate, Customize 90% of it job traits, and it can use not only the Dawn Mulsum, but repair oils to keep it alive. It has access to Benediction, Invincible, Chainspells, Eagle Eye Shot, and Mighty Strike (Manafont as well, but that is kind of stupid because Auto have near infinite MP anyway). BST is a bit more limited on it's aid for others, but can stun/amnesia enemies and heal party members with select pets. They only thing I'll agree with you on is that the Automatons haven't gotten a major boost to their WS and all of them could use some type of new one to catch up to players.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zeargi; 02-25-2017 at 11:32 PM.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

  10. #200
    Player Domille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    159
    Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I know this isn't really the best place to put this but it'd directly related, and already been touched on.

    Every. Single. Shout. and Every. Single. Event shell. Is now using Summoner instead of actually putting in effort. (Asura)

    it's kinda pathetic. And this is a serious screw up.

    Every single "difficult" thing is but being conduit burned. This is a problem.
    (2)

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast