Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I understand that power creep is bad. That would be why I suggested including new caps on debuff potency and/or ability to stack effects with bubbles.
    Or you nerf geo because it's 1/100th as much work and we have a tiny dev team.
    (0)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Nerfing GEO doesn't solve the problem I'm seeing the concern for, which is GEO is taking over all parties. Making the game harder overall isn't a solution. The current hard content is revolved around still being challenging with a GEO.

There can be no power creep because GEO already floors stats single handedly. The only way it would happen is if other support were buffed to do something they dont already have. Which that would have to be looked at carefully.
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwolf View Post
    Nerfing GEO doesn't solve the problem I'm seeing the concern for, which is GEO is taking over all parties. Making the game harder overall isn't a solution. The current hard content is revolved around still being challenging with a GEO.
    I've talked to many, many people who have been clearing Aeonic NM's for months now.
    They say none of them require a geo, only master trials do.

Geo just makes the game a complete joke, it literally breaks the game in half. It needs to not exist.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 12-23-2016 at 03:27 AM.

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    You're only further cementing that nothing is wrong with GEO. If you feel GEO isn't overpowered, then why mention vex/attunement or that it needs to be adjusted at all?
    (0)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    You edited so I'll reply to the edit. What is GEO doing specifically that is hurting other jobs and what should be done about it?
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    You edited so I'll reply to the edit. What is GEO doing specifically that is hurting other jobs and what should be done about it?
    It's in the OP
    This job allows you to completely ignore mechanics with vex + attunement, it allows you to strip bosses of almost all their resistances or defenses to the point where you can just TP or mage burn them. Without a geo, you cannot land debuffs at all even as a fully geared RDM on 95% of the games content, but with a geo you can.
    What can be done? Nerfing it to the ground, ESPECIALLY idris. Talking a 75% nerf.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by PristineChicken View Post
    Look, I don't want GEO nerfed. I would love to see BRD and RDM and COR buffed to match it. That's just far, far, far harder than nerfing GEO. Given the small amount of dev time allotted to the game, we need to be realistic here.
    RDM needs to be able to at least land their signature debuffs w/o requiring outside support (while in appropriate gear.) BRD needs a major overhaul. Like.. a full teardown/rebuild from the frame up -_-;;

Nerfing GEO would result in nothing but increased difficulty across the board and additional limitations in potentially successful group composition.

Their longtime stance of using gear to compensate for poorly functioning job mechanics is something that should change, even if it takes considerable dev time/effort to accomplish. That is what dev time is for after all.. Development. Their recent statement on BRD getting access to AllSongs+1 on future equipment indicates they have no intention of changing this stance anytime soon sadly. T_T
    (1)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    So your issue is the game is not hard enough with Geomancers? Because I guarantee the people who are doing Aeonic clears without GEO are using other things to do the same. I agree GEO isn't necessary to party setup.

I respect and share your feelings about RDM but to include it as a reason to nerf GEO into the ground is just vengeance.

The game is balanced around GEO now. Nerfing it by 75% will just mean SE will need to adjust all post GEO content because the level of difficulty with GEO is exactly what they want.

It being too easy or not what players find fun in is subjective. Overpowered though is different than boring and mundane.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rwolf; 12-23-2016 at 03:54 AM. Reason: Only typos

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    The game is balanced around GEO now. Nerfing it by 75% will just mean SE will need to adjust all post GEO content because the level of difficulty with GEO is exactly what they want.
    I don't think the game is.
    Have they actually said this?

Content not master trials is beatable without a geo.
    (0)

Player
    GEO is basically the crutch propping all of us non-BIS-only players in ilvl content. As a person who has to walk with a cane in my daily life, I can say from experience that it is far more desirable to deal with the cane than to limp around more painfully at half of my already slow speed. ^^;; Do we enjoy kicking the crutch out from someone with a broken leg?

Wouldn't it be better to wait to consider nerfing GEO until after we have something else to compensate for the loss of support? Buff BRD and RDM before considering GEO nerfs. After they've been updated to modern standards, then it wouldn't be nearly as damaging to the majority if GEO was slightly nerfed since the power gap would already be narrowed compared to currently.

The "proper" way to go about these sort of things should usually be: Buff first, then nerf if you accidentally overbuff.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 12-23-2016 at 04:28 AM.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast