Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    The way XIAH pulls profile information was through the community site beta, however guildwork is still very much active. Like I said before, I'm just guessing the hate towards Geomancer is that there's only a few to go around on smaller servers and "If I can't have a geomancer no one can" mentality is prevalent.
    (0)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

It does get old the tremendous difference that GEO makes, Bard used to make that difference but isn't quite up there (March isn't as potent as it once was)

The best solution is to buff bard, address some of their outdated songs and grant their songs (at least during SV) dispel protection. Many of the Idrises I know are harp/horn bards.

Pleast boost BRD to make it competitive again

And the difference Frailty or Malaise makes is large and nobody has anything close.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    It does get old the tremendous difference that GEO makes, Bard used to make that difference but isn't quite up there (March isn't as potent as it once was)

The best solution is to buff bard, address some of their outdated songs and grant their songs (at least during SV) dispel protection. Many of the Idrises I know are harp/horn bards.

Pleast boost BRD to make it competitive again

And the difference Frailty or Malaise makes is large and nobody has anything close.

Which goes back to what I said earlier. The other support jobs need to be boosted and things need to be reevaluated. The Immunobreak system, songs, rolls, spells, and wards are all a good place to start, but destroying one job isn't going to magically make the other ones better.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Geo needs to be destroyed, it breaks the game in half. It makes enemies have no defense/mdef and greatly reduced magical evasion while giving mages GREATLY increased magical accuracy.

Nerfing geo is much easier than buffing 2 jobs, and RDM would literally need stymie to be passive or new traits that give OBSCENE magical accuracy to ever be worth bringing over a geo, which is far too much work.

Nerfing geo to the GROUND is the easiest way to fix support job balance issues.
    (0)

Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Geo needs to be destroyed, it breaks the game in half. It makes enemies have no defense/mdef and greatly reduced magical evasion while giving mages GREATLY increased magical accuracy.

Nerfing geo is much easier than buffing 2 jobs, and RDM would literally need stymie to be passive or new traits that give OBSCENE magical accuracy to ever be worth bringing over a geo, which is far too much work.

At this point, all I can do is laugh at you. You scream for a nerf yet you won't answer my simple question. Why do you hate Geomancer so much? I eagerly await your response.
    (1)

Geo needs to be destroyed, it breaks the game in half.
    Using your logic, PLD breaks the game in half. Let's destroy PLD.

It makes enemies have no defense/mdef and greatly reduced magical evasion while giving mages GREATLY increased magical accuracy.
    When you can literally slap down 99k damage like nothing and still have plenty of HP left to go through...the game is still balanced out, believe it or not.

It's the easiest way to kill what little player population on your server is left, too.
    (2)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Player

Uuuh, I think you are under the impression that GEO "magically" allows you to beat every escha mob, when it's not the case. I can assure you that if the BLM don't have MBD damage capped and the SCH doesn't know what to do you are not going to beat, let's say, Maju. GEO does jack if your DD aren't competent.

And let's say they nerf GEO to the ground, so what? People STILL won't get a RDM for most content. GEO isn't taking RDM spot, the mechanics that made RDM needed mostly disappeared.

They would get a COR for everything now. There are 6 spots in a party, of course people will want t a support job anytime it is possible.

Oh and he would have a thread about needing to buff GEO because what are you going to do, have a support job that's completely useless?
    (0)

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    In theory, if GEO were gone, mobs would be set at the level of already having wilt langour vex and frailty on them.

Everything would be exactly the same, only without needing a geo to force the issue.

The theory is solid. The way square does things makes it impossible, so forget it.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Domille View Post
    In theory, if GEO were gone, mobs would be set at the level of already having wilt langour vex and frailty on them.

Everything would be exactly the same, only without needing a geo to force the issue.

The theory is solid. The way square does things makes it impossible, so forget it.
    The theory in which you remove a job (and the equipment related stuff I guess) from the game and they literally rework pretty much every end-game mob is solid? What???

Also they STILL would fill the support job slot with a COR. It doesn't matter how much you hate GEO, there will always been a support slot taken in every party, just like there will always been a PLD/RUN and WHM slot unless you are doing faceroll content.
    (1)
    Last edited by Jin_Uzuki; 12-28-2016 at 02:26 PM.

Character
    Sylinath
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin_Uzuki View Post
    The theory in which you remove a job (and the equipment related stuff I guess) from the game and they literally rework pretty much every end-game mob is solid? What???

Also they STILL would fill the support job slot with a COR. It doesn't matter how much you hate GEO, there will always been a support slot taken in every party, just like there will always been a PLD/RUN and WHM slot unless you are doing faceroll content.
    The buffs cor and bard bring are MINOR.

The buffs AND DEBUFFS geo bring, are MAJOR.

There is a difference.

GEO changes the game at a fundamental level. BRD and COR simply make it a little faster.
    (1)
    Last edited by Domille; 12-28-2016 at 02:52 PM.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast