Thread: RDM in endgame

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorva View Post
    Phalanx 2 = -DT II% would help, but that would only help lower gear/skill groups get some helm wins, upper gear/skill players are already doing it without.

Remove full resist enfeeble magic would greatly increase rdm potential, however with para/slow being next to useless vs tp nm's it wouldn't change the battle enough to add more hp to nm. If you change the values from full resist to a base of 5-10% and have enfeeble skill/mnd be the potency increase up to a max value. This would increase the value of enfeeble magic again. (hasn't been useful since lvl 75)

Adding in new tier of enfeeble magic, this tier would not only ignore full resist but also add in
    -m.def on dia 4,
    -m.attk on bio 4,
    increased potency on poison 3 (weaker than helix but last as long for those recovery moments)
    -tp gain on slow 3,
    para 3 to actually para the nm once in a while
    blind 3 to lower nm acc enough to matter (everything AoE doesn't help much)

I am ok with addle II as it is since it increases casting time and lowers m. acc as long as we have another way to compete with geo

Rdm merit category 2 seriously penalizes rdm potential, forcing rdm to only have a maximum of 2 of those spells at 5/5 really hurts, and phalanx 2 is near useless.

Furthermore, I understand these all can't be at the same potency of geo, they need to be a good 10% weaker than idris geo. (prefer it to be above dunna) This not only prevents rdm from becoming overpowered, but also gives reason for geo's to do more than just 900 skill.

In earlier post I stated adjusting temper, I never said it was a perfect idea, I only brought it up as an idea to put rdm in the battlefield. Same with the enspell ideas, I am just trying to come up with half decent ideas and hope SE finally adjust rdm with something valuable enough to make versatile parties.

Edit:: Stoneskin II or raise the cap, this 5 pieces of gear for 180 more stoneskin is pretty sad at lvl 150 content. Wouldn't mind tranq heart being removed either.
    I actually kind of like the way phalanx functions.... however it's potency is crap. The fact that fully merited phalanx II is the same as phalanx is pretty terribad. Almost as bad as the fact that all that +phalanx gear rdm can get wont help the phalanxes you cast on other people lol. I'd imagine fully merited base amount of say 100ish would be good with gear counting the caster not the recipient.

I like your spell examples especially if they aren't tied to merits for the reasons you state and how we are forced to choose and/or gimp but I'd add:

Dia/bio 4 with additions is nice to give similar versatility as geo but would like to make sure it's still the strongest dia/bio. Part of the meh about 3 is it's only 15% and your cor/rdm is getting 20% with it's dia II. Also make the effect enhanceable gdi.

Slow - part of what always irked me about slow was how full merited geared slow II was still weaker than poorly gear lvl 59 elegy from brd. Yeah they stack but come on. Though it beats geo so yay. But yeah given the regain/tp gain of mobs these days something to directly effect those would be a great idea. Perhaps a small plague effect.

Para 3... upping rate is nice but being able to para all the moves would be huge. Nothing more aggravating than seeing an nm be paralyzed over and over only for all it's moves to still work.

Blind - Unfortunately I see this as a non starter. Not because of rdm itself so much as SE seems really seems against it based on how many nms have capped hit rates in in full evasion sets. Plus like you said so much AoEs now and of those like 90% of the ones that matter are magic/breath and half the physical ones aren't blinkable. It's like they are deathly afraid of the old days of evasion/blink tanking

As far as the buffs I'd just really like to be able to use them on other people. The job has almost 40 unique self only spells... most of which sch can AoE or whm has the version that is naturally AoE. But yeah making them scale better ( and giving a bunch that don't scaling) would be amazing too.

Oh just noticed your tp down thing. Was thinking what about subtle blow II instead? The difference is slight but the subtle blow would stack better

and crap I missed a page lol
    (1)
    Last edited by Urmom; 12-20-2016 at 06:24 PM.

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    As a mythic rdm and phenomenal m. acc sets I get resisted on literally everything all the way down to dispel without a geo, that is a problem. Beyond that my enfeebles are utterly useless and most T4 fights that I go as rdm (teles only) I do nothing but spam dispel in a geo bubble.
    Yep, RDM can't even do their main job without a geo, it's disgusting.
    Geo needs to be nerfed to the ground and the game needs to be re-balanced without needing a geo.
    (3)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    As for duration, that hardly matters anymore with the amount of nm's that have buff absorb, full or partial buff wipe. So blu 90 second duration or rdm 12 minute duration really doesn't matter too much. Comparing blu to rdm is a dead argument anyway, they don't get the same gear options, SE has put blu way above rdm in many aspects. Rdm really only has 1 redeeming quality, enfeebling, and that is dead in this game right now.
    IMO That's one of the main things wrong with FFXI right now, their overuse of Full Dispel.

Moves that do that should be either:
    A. Limited to a bare minimum
    B. Part of a mechanic that there is a way to avoid

I also hate their Dark-elemental resistant mobs that seem to be basically every NM they add now, I wish they'd remove that or add Dispel II as a light based Dispel for RDM and SCH.
    (3)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Full dispel is an archaic mechanic that does not belong in the game.
    It was fine in 2005 when all we had was protect/shell/berserk but now every single job has too many MANDATORY buffs they're balanced around having to actually be viable/capable of contributing.

This months ambu is a perfect example, due to the full dispel from the soulflayer no dd jobs not ranger/cor/summoner are worth bringing on the highest difficulty because they lose over 50% of their damage from not having their own self buffs up.
    (1)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    I think it has some uses on a few select mobs. Like it's a good way to basically make people use rng over melees or to discourage overbuffing but the overabundance especially on mobs you kind of need buffs on is ridiculous. As is it's near unresistable nature... unless the player is casting it
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Yeah, it comes down to RDM's role not being filled unless it has a geo(as you said).
    Which is disgusting. Nerf geo to the ground and rebalance the game so that we don't need a geo to play the damn game.
    It's completely absurd that a RDM cannot do it's main role of enfeebler without a geo to give enough macc to actually land things, what were they even thinking?

RDM NEEDS TO BE ABLE TO DO IT'S MASTER ENFEEBLER ROLE. Smite let's DRK do it's damage role, last resort helps a ton, souleater helps a bunch. What does RDM have to help it enfeeble? Nothing.

Stymie should be passive.
    Adding this to my thread as well as quoting a portion into the top of thread.
    (1)
    Last edited by Thorva; 12-23-2016 at 05:32 AM.
    Seriously, stop pretending you are the top DD, you really aren't. Quoting bg-wiki all over the place makes you a parrot, not a God.

Player
    Just got resisted, not full resist, on mythic rdm with AM up. There is an obvious problem.

SE can't talk to the community, they can't even so much as admit they have failed on rdm for the past 7+ years. The inability to so much as communicate with player base about a known problem or fix a known problem is the very reason this game has been losing so many players.

Coincidentally, it is the same reason pokemon go failed so fast. I am surprised their marketing team hasn't mentioned this after every marketing team on the planet was talking about the failure of Niantic with Pokemon Go.
    (0)
    Seriously, stop pretending you are the top DD, you really aren't. Quoting bg-wiki all over the place makes you a parrot, not a God.

Character
    Charyn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    They would be getting something, I just don't think it's fair to expect

-50 DT (Gear)
    -10 DT II (Phalanx II)
    ~ -70 damage (Phalanx)
    + 50% Defense

Would be even remotely fair, let alone balanced.

You'd literally be immortal.
    um..... looks at PLD with Burtang 119 / Aegis........... you were saying....?
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Charyn View Post
    um..... looks at PLD with Burtang 119 / Aegis........... you were saying....?
    RDM isn't a tank.
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    RDM isn't a tank.
    BLU gets -DT II on barrier tusk for up to 57% DT, 50% from cocoon, 25% from MG and it can sub rune or paladin for even more tanky stuff and it isn't a tank

But only BLU is allowed to be a jack of all trades master of some, RDM is supposed to be jack of all trades master of none!
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast