Thread: RDM in endgame

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    Dia III should be at least -20% Defense, 5% more for a Merit spell over Dia II is ridiculous.
    -25% def down please. 20% equivalent to COR's Dia 4, a job that doesn't even has access to native dia, 20% isn't enough to make RDM stand out IMO.
    (1)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Dia 3 and Bio3 revamped. They now stack with eachother(unique ruleset, doesn't work with bio, bio2, dia or dia2).-25% on both(defense/attack). Default, removed from merits.

Slow 2:
    Revamped. Now reduces the damage done by enemies TP moves by 5-25% based on mnd/enfeebling skill and merits. Stacks with slow.

Blind 2:
    Revamped. Now reduces enemies regain by 30-100/tick(based on mnd and enfeebling skill and merits) and reduces the amount of TP the enemy gains from attacking by 5-25%(based on mnd and enfeebling skill and merits). Stacks with Blind.

Phalanx 2:
    Revamped. Now adds 5-10% -DT II(based on merits spent). Stacks with phalanx.

Paralyze 2:
    Revamped. Any magic spell paralyzed by this ability causes the target to gain amnesia.

Composure:
    When this buff is active, your own enhancing spells cannot be dispelled by any means. Increases the duration of enhancing magic cast on you by 300%.

Enspell II's:
    Now give magical accuracy to their element based on enhancing skill.

Gain-int:
    Gives magic burst bonus III 10-25% based on enhancing magic skill.

Gain-str:
    Gives 10-25% bonus attack based on enhancing skill.

Gain-dex:
    Gives store TP +10-50 based on enhancing skill.

Gain-mnd:
    Gives magical accuracy +100-200 based on enhancing skill.

Gain-vit:
    Gives -DT II 1-10% based on enhancing skill.

Fix accession:
    Works on refresh2/3 haste2.

Stymie:
    The next 6 enfeebling magic spells you cast cannot be resisted and have infinite duration. This buff lasts for 45 seconds after activating.

Maybe RDM can be good at being a master enhancer/enfeebler with these changes and replace the 2nd geo.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 12-19-2016 at 05:43 PM.

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Gain-int:
    Gives magic burst bonus III 10-25% based on enhancing magic skill.

Gain-str:
    Gives 10-25% bonus attack based on enhancing skill.

Gain-dex:
    Gives store TP +10-50 based on enhancing skill.

Gain-mnd:
    Gives magical accuracy +100-200 based on enhancing skill.

Gain-vit:
    Gives -DT II 1-10% based on enhancing skill.
    Problem with some of those is they don't fit the stat.

Having Vit ~10% DT II and Phalanx II ~DT II would be too powerful. Just adding Defense on Gain-VIT would make more sense.

DEX would need to be Crit. Hit Rate or Accuracy.

Missing AGI and CHR

---

Personally and possibly more realistically, I'm thinking more like, (Before gear augmenting it):

GAIN-STR - Attack +50~150

Gain-DEX - Crit. Hit. Rate +1~5

Gain-INT - Magic. Attack Bonus +10~30

Gain-VIT - Defense +50~150

Gain-AGI - Subtle Blow +10~30 (Or unlikely Haste 1~5%)

Gain-MND - Magic Accuracy +20~60

Gain-CHR - Spell Effect Duration +10~30%

Cap it at the same as the stat 500 skill, Then if you buff it you can do so via equipment on spell cast.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jakuk; 12-19-2016 at 06:18 PM.

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    50-150 defense is too low but yeah that'd be ok too. It should be equal to cocoon + MG + barrier tusk from BLU(when combined with phalanx2).

50-150 attack I don't know how much attk blu gets from it's attk buff but I want it equal to around that, perhaps more since blu gets A+ sword.

I like all the other gain bonuses also.
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    50-150 defense is too low but yeah that'd be ok too. It should be equal to cocoon + MG + barrier tusk from BLU(when combined with phalanx2).

50-150 attack I don't know how much attk blu gets from it's attk buff but I want it equal to around that, perhaps more since blu gets A+ sword.

I like all the other gain bonuses also.
    It's the base duration, so you'd have gear with Enhances "Gain" Effect or "Gain" Effect +1 which would raise it.

Also not really fair to base it around BLU's Attack/Defense spell as they have a MUCH shorter duration compared to Gain spells.
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    They have 100% uptime. Why does duration matter?
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    They have 100% uptime. Why does duration matter?
    Because they need to recast every 1:30 whereas this spell is 18+ minutes, it's also an additional effect on another spell, not a spell that does just this buff. Besides I don't think the numbers are low anyway, maybe defense but then it still gives only 25 less than Protect V, which it'll stack with on top of RDM having Phalanx (and if added the way you wanted Phalanx II)

Buffs need to be balanced around what a job gets already and RDM gets quite a bit already.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jakuk; 12-20-2016 at 01:21 AM.

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    RDM doesn't get anything.
    Blue mage gets everything.
    RDM needs to get stuff.
    (0)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    RDM doesn't get anything.
    Blue mage gets everything.
    RDM needs to get stuff.
    They would be getting something, I just don't think it's fair to expect

-50 DT (Gear)
    -10 DT II (Phalanx II)
    ~ -70 damage (Phalanx)
    + 50% Defense

Would be even remotely fair, let alone balanced.

You'd literally be immortal.
    (0)

Player
    Some of these ideas are really good, but the ability to stack them is too strong. Even as a rdm enthusiast and rdm being my favorite job, some of those ideas just shouldn't be stacked up like that. As rdm/pld I push 2k def with -50% dt and more than +80 enmity in gear, that is pretty solid. Giving rdm another +50% def is too much, DT II is ok, 70 phalanx wouldn't break the game, but phalanx 70, -50DT, -10%DT II, and 3k def. That would be too much.

Stacking bio and dia seems good, but it becomes overpowered when you look at the amount of debuffs a geo, cor, brd can put on and their potency.

Have to be careful about what buffs get raised and their potency, rdm has the opportunity to put up the most debuffs at once so naturally they need to be a good tier or two weaker. Just need to be stronger than what they currently are AND fix the resist rates.

As for duration, that hardly matters anymore with the amount of nm's that have buff absorb, full or partial buff wipe. So blu 90 second duration or rdm 12 minute duration really doesn't matter too much. Comparing blu to rdm is a dead argument anyway, they don't get the same gear options, SE has put blu way above rdm in many aspects. Rdm really only has 1 redeeming quality, enfeebling, and that is dead in this game right now.

As a mythic rdm and phenomenal m. acc sets I get resisted on literally everything all the way down to dispel without a geo, that is a problem. Beyond that my enfeebles are utterly useless and most T4 fights that I go as rdm (teles only) I do nothing but spam dispel in a geo bubble.
    (0)
    Last edited by Thorva; 12-20-2016 at 11:22 AM.
    Seriously, stop pretending you are the top DD, you really aren't. Quoting bg-wiki all over the place makes you a parrot, not a God.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast