Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Player ZSeraphim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7
    Character
    Zseraphim
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

    Quick Change Spell Lists

    Has there ever been any thought given to having Spell Lists for BLU we can customize, akin to how there are now Equip Sets for Gear?

    This thought came up because I find myself switching spells more frequently and extensively than I ever have to date. At the very least every time I switch sub jobs I consider what I'm going out for and change spells accordingly.

    An unintended effect may be having swaps occur JUST for weapon skills during events where we don't foresee to be casting much. However, I think the "no spell use for one minute after changing equipped spells" stipulation we have always had will keep that to a minimum.

    Any Developer insight or response is appreciated. And what do you other BLUs out there think?
    (2)
    The Path to Power takes many forms. Zantetsuken in a babes' hand is useless. Even branches are deadly wielded wisely.
    If a shield is strong but the heart is weak, then there is no Perfect Defense and only the wrath of Divine Judgement.

  2. #2
    Player Nyarlko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,523
    Character
    Nyarlko
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ZSeraphim View Post
    Has there ever been any thought given to having Spell Lists for BLU we can customize, akin to how there are now Equip Sets for Gear?

    This thought came up because I find myself switching spells more frequently and extensively than I ever have to date. At the very least every time I switch sub jobs I consider what I'm going out for and change spells accordingly.

    An unintended effect may be having swaps occur JUST for weapon skills during events where we don't foresee to be casting much. However, I think the "no spell use for one minute after changing equipped spells" stipulation we have always had will keep that to a minimum.

    Any Developer insight or response is appreciated. And what do you other BLUs out there think?
    I like this. Something akin to equipsets would be much appreciated. Would save us a ton of time and would be a big QOL improvement that shouldn't have any direct impact during combat.

    I don't think the system is built to handle full-set simultaneous swaps, so it would still take a bit to set them one-at-a-time, which means that there would be no worries about "WS spellsets" or the like I'd think. They could also just flag it as a command that can't be used if engaged or enmity has been gained if that was a genuine concern for the devs.
    (0)

  3. #3
    Player Cabalabob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    308
    Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    This was asked for quite a while ago and the Dev response was no. Their problem with it is that BLU changing spells is essentially like them changing jobs. And BLU can change spells in combat. So if you could quick swap your entire spell list you could essentially change jobs mid fight.

    The obvious response to that is just don't let us use the quick swap in combat. But we never heard about it again. However, I can't remember when this was and it may have been under the old director. So perhaps Matsui would be willing to look into it.
    (0)

  4. #4
    Player Jakuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    363
    Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalabob View Post
    This was asked for quite a while ago and the Dev response was no. Their problem with it is that BLU changing spells is essentially like them changing jobs. And BLU can change spells in combat. So if you could quick swap your entire spell list you could essentially change jobs mid fight.

    The obvious response to that is just don't let us use the quick swap in combat. But we never heard about it again. However, I can't remember when this was and it may have been under the old director. So perhaps Matsui would be willing to look into it.
    Simplest solution is the delay before you could cast that's already implemented.
    (0)

  5. #5
    Player Cabalabob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    308
    Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The delay doesn't effect traits or stat boosts, imagine if you could equip a tp spell set with stuff like dual wield, and stp, then instantly swap to a WS set with stuff like skillchain bonus, attack bonus and massive STR and DEX etc. As if they were gearsets.
    (0)

  6. #6
    Player Nyarlko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,523
    Character
    Nyarlko
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalabob View Post
    The delay doesn't effect traits or stat boosts, imagine if you could equip a tp spell set with stuff like dual wield, and stp, then instantly swap to a WS set with stuff like skillchain bonus, attack bonus and massive STR and DEX etc. As if they were gearsets.
    And the simplest solution to that issue was already mentioned. Don't allow the sets to be used during combat. ^^
    (0)

  7. #7
    Player Cabalabob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    308
    Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yeah.. mentioned by me... keep up.
    (0)

  8. #8
    Player Jakuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    363
    Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Then lock spell set traits to a 5~15 second timer, blocking it in combat would be detrimental, what if you forgot to change sets before engaging? Slowly equip all spells again.
    (0)

  9. #9
    Player Nyarlko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,523
    Character
    Nyarlko
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    Then lock spell set traits to a 5~15 second timer, blocking it in combat would be detrimental, what if you forgot to change sets before engaging? Slowly equip all spells again.
    They could leave what is in place untouched so it was still possible to do what can be done now, while also flagging the proposed /equipset-for-spells to be unusable during combat. Would it not be enough of a boon to gain the ability to change full sets while out of combat if the current methods remained untouched? I for one would LOVE not having to pull out my notebook every time I want to change set spells. (Yes, I still use pencil+paper for some things like this. <_< Don't laugh at me too hard.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalabob View Post
    Yeah.. mentioned by me... keep up.
    Try reading my post above yours again. :3 lol
    (0)

  10. #10
    Player Jakuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    363
    Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    They could leave what is in place untouched so it was still possible to do what can be done now, while also flagging the proposed /equipset-for-spells to be unusable during combat. Would it not be enough of a boon to gain the ability to change full sets while out of combat if the current methods remained untouched? I for one would LOVE not having to pull out my notebook every time I want to change set spells. (Yes, I still use pencil+paper for some things like this. <_< Don't laugh at me too hard.)
    Just seems like it punishes the forgetful whereas blocking the traits when you use a spell set temporarily would stop people switching spells to gain the treats on WS, nuke, etc while allowing quick change if you make that mistake.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast