Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    Player dmuller30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    100
    Character
    Kalitzo
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

    Omen Tips and Tricks.

    I haven't done it yet but would love to shed some light on some of the mechanics here so people know what to do going in there. Going to do a run tonight and see how it goes. Anyone know of any special mechanics or have done it and have an idea of drops rate and loot etc.
    (1)

  2. #2
    Player Nyarlko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,523
    Character
    Nyarlko
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dmuller30 View Post
    I haven't done it yet but would love to shed some light on some of the mechanics here so people know what to do going in there. Going to do a run tonight and see how it goes. Anyone know of any special mechanics or have done it and have an idea of drops rate and loot etc.
    If you don't fulfill the mini-objectives that rapidly disappear in the combat spam, you don't get cards. Gear only drops from bosses. Trash mobs can be AOE'd down pretty easily. Timed out on the mid-boss starting w/ 15min because it took like 10% damage from nukes and seemed to have wayyyyyyyy too much HP >_<;; Got zero rewards period since we were playing it safe at first and doing single pulls and clearing all the rooms, so we didn't fulfill the mini-objs. -_-;; The chat spam saying how many Omens are remaining is mystifying and annoying, since we have no idea what any of it means and get spammed enough to miss party communication macros.

    I'm thinking there should be at least a guaranteed 1x card per run added somehow, perhaps based on amount of time spent inside to prevent speedrun farming.

    If a group of 6x players spend 30+ minutes actually doing content, it feels really really REALLY lousy to get absolutely nothing for your time spent.

    We need a full explanation on exactly what we are supposed to be doing, what all the chat spam means, AND tell us how to properly filter it in our chat logs so that they don't get lost in the combat spam.
    (1)

  3. #3
    Player dmuller30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    100
    Character
    Kalitzo
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yeah I just did mine and it was pretty much fulfill and I got 1 card. For 30 min that is absolute garbage considering it is on a 20 hour lock atm. I wonder if they are gonna take the lock off? We did a lower difficulty it was pretty easy even on bosses I really wish SE would explain more exactly what is going on here because just like you there were several issues with chat log. The implementation seems to be that of FFXIV dungeon grind must do once a day feel. Like it but we should be able to go in as many times as we want I hope the 20hr is a way of just making sure not everyone does it all at once.
    (0)

  4. #4
    Player dmuller30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    100
    Character
    Kalitzo
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    So seems like
    *Do the objectives which give you a certain % of drop once you clear for a card the more you complete the more chance
    *The boss which was a Craver will say follow the light not sure how far his aoe range is but it is pretty far you want to run away from that he will do one that pulls you in and binds you than does another one that does a knock back
    (0)

  5. #5
    Community Rep Camate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,712
    Greetings, everyone.

    Based on the feedback that we have been receiving, we are planning to make adjustments so that there is more time to complete the objectives given during Omen. We are hoping to implement this as quickly as possible, so please hang in there while the team finalizes the adjustment.
    (5)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

  6. #6
    Player Zeargi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Currently: Windurst
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings, everyone.

    Based on the feedback that we have been receiving, we are planning to make adjustments so that there is more time to complete the objectives given during Omen. We are hoping to implement this as quickly as possible, so please hang in there while the team finalizes the adjustment.
    Can you also make it so that pet and Trusts can help, or that it's more accurate if they're suppose to. I've missed quite a few SC objectives and X HP DMG while doing my runs, even though I know that I should have gotten them.
    (1)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

  7. #7
    Community Rep Camate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,712
    Greetings, everyone, and also Happy New Year!

    The development team has been holding discussions about all of the feedback we’ve been receiving since the implementation of Omen, and they are in the process of tackling various adjustments one by one. Amongst them, they are looking at adjusting certain special abilities as well as supplementing and widening the content so that it’s more than just boss battles.

    While it may take a bit of time for these adjustments to be implemented, we’ll keep an eye on all the feedback and update you when there is more information to share!
    (0)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

  8. #8
    Player Urmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    447
    Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    I hope those adjustments include the very buggy optional objectives (or in case of pets just flat out not working for many) and Thinkers might as well just warp out for some setups ability.
    (0)

  9. #9
    Player stubbsie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    16
    Character
    Stubbsie
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    tbh i would like it to be bit more solo friendly as you can enter solo but if one of the tasks is to eliminate all its very hard to do on like mnk even with trusts in like 10 mins, eventually got to 3rd level and just got owned 1 shotted august tank and no prayer after that, done about 5 runs and only got 2 cards so far, which tbh they need to fix it
    (2)

  10. #10
    Player Mithlas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    149
    Character
    Mithlas
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dmuller30 View Post
    Yeah I just did mine and it was pretty much fulfill and I got 1 card. For 30 min that is absolute garbage considering it is on a 20 hour lock atm. I wonder if they are gonna take the lock off? We did a lower difficulty it was pretty easy even on bosses I really wish SE would explain more exactly what is going on here because just like you there were several issues with chat log. The implementation seems to be that of FFXIV dungeon grind must do once a day feel. Like it but we should be able to go in as many times as we want I hope the 20hr is a way of just making sure not everyone does it all at once.
    What do you mean by "did a lower difficulty" ? As far as I'm aware, there is no way to select difficulty with Omen. :[ Unless I'm being dumb.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast