Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Skyrant
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Beastmaster is now officially a DD job.

The new AF+2/3 adds no Pet stats, only DD stats. The existing Pet stats go up 1 point.

With NONE of the +2/3 adding Pet stats our pets will not be able to hit anything. They need Accuracy just like all the other jobs. This update finally turns BST into a DD job.

But, hey, what is this. We can wear the new pet job body Armor and Resist Sleep while fighting the mob with the new Udug Jacket: Resist Sleep"+90 Damage taken -10% Pet: Magic Accuracy+45 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+45

Make up your mind SE. Put us on DD gear or give us Pet stats.

For example:

Totemic Gloves +1: Pet: Haste +3%
    Totemic Gloves +2: Pet: Haste +4% (Beastmaster: Weaponskill Damage +5%, Accuracy +38 Parry +17)
    Totemic Gloves +3: Pet: Haste +5% (Beastmaster: Weaponskill Damage +10%, Accuracy +48 Parry +19)

Compare that to SNM

Convoker's Bracers +1: Avatar: Emnity +5
    Convoker's Bracers +2: Avatar: Accuracy+33 Magic Accuracy+33 Enmity+10 "Double Attack"+5
    Convoker's Bracers +3: Avatar: Accuracy+43 Magic Accuracy+43 Enmity+15 "Double Attack"+10%

Thank you SE for destroying one of the most fun jobs you ever created. Starting from removal of Charm the job went downhill. You finally made it into a DD because you can't be bothered to balance.
    (1)
    Is 20 dmg for the hit like 30 dmg if a RNG shoots?

No DRG for party, camp spot site with 30 dmg, but is it for 20 like 30 dmg when you no hit be it for dd, for 30 dmg instead? or half is 10 for 20 dmg?
    How i mine for fish?
    Try BST BST COR GEO WHM BRD You can melee and fight with your pet..

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    It's now officially what SE wanted it to be for years. (Also you forget they still have 2 more armour sets to go +3, maybe one of them will be pet focused)

Fun you say..... safe maybe, never would have said fun.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jakuk; 12-13-2016 at 08:02 PM.

Character
    Skyrant
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Fun when we still had to charm pets, when we carefully selected pets to get an advantage against mobs, when we used our skills and abilities that are now obsolete or replaced by stuff like Fencer.

Btw.: SMN is also "safe" it does not even have a Recast Timer.
    (0)
    Is 20 dmg for the hit like 30 dmg if a RNG shoots?

No DRG for party, camp spot site with 30 dmg, but is it for 20 like 30 dmg when you no hit be it for dd, for 30 dmg instead? or half is 10 for 20 dmg?
    How i mine for fish?
    Try BST BST COR GEO WHM BRD You can melee and fight with your pet..

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyrant_Kangaroomouse View Post
    Fun when we still had to charm pets, when we carefully selected pets to get an advantage against mobs, when we used our skills and abilities that are now obsolete or replaced by stuff like Fencer.

Btw.: SMN is also "safe" it does not even have a Recast Timer.
    You basically just charmed pets constantly and threw them at an enemy while standing back, I never found it fun personally, tedious, however; for sure. It's been implemented poorly I don't doubt, but it was clear from day one BST was intended to melee with their pet.

Yes, SMN has become the new BST but unlike BST it was clearly supposed to, hence the SMN is a mage with little to no melee traits/abilities/gear.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    You basically just charmed pets constantly and threw them at an enemy while standing back, I never found it fun personally, tedious, however; for sure. It's been implemented poorly I don't doubt, but it was clear from day one BST was intended to melee with their pet.

Yes, SMN has become the new BST but unlike BST it was clearly supposed to, hence the SMN is a mage with little to no melee traits/abilities/gear.
    And yet SMN AF119+3 has a total of acc+240 for the master, and didn't add up the pet stats, but they get tons of that too... Makes sense, no? -_-
    (1)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    And yet SMN AF119+3 has a total of acc+240 for the master, and didn't add up the pet stats, but they get tons of that too... Makes sense, no? -_-
    You seem to misquote me, I never once said the lack of pet stats on BST gear made sense.

I said BST was always intended to be a DD, It was. I even stated in my second post: it's been implemented poorly.

I said SMN was always meant to be how BST was played with BST intended to engage with their pet, It is.
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    It's now officially what SE wanted it to be for years. (Also you forget they still have 2 more armour sets to go +3, maybe one of them will be pet focused)

Fun you say..... safe maybe, never would have said fun.
    Fun is subjective. Being able to have both options though would at least let you chose your fun
    (2)

Player
    You seem to misquote me, I never once said the lack of pet stats on BST gear made sense.

I said BST was always intended to be a DD, It was. I even stated in my second post: it's been implemented poorly.

I said SMN was always meant to be how BST was played with BST intended to engage with their pet, It is.
    My reply was to your statement of: "Yes, SMN has become the new BST but unlike BST it was clearly supposed to, hence the SMN is a mage with little to no melee traits/abilities/gear."
    BTW, BST AF119+3 -- head has pet:acc+40, body has pet: dt-10%, gloves pet:haste+5%, legs pet:atk+40, feet pet:acc+30 atk+30... can't really say "zero pet stats" but compared to SMN stats, it does make me wanna cry :"(

And my point was that SMN now has access to enough acc to melee alongside pet as well, and has basically the same amount of melee traits/abilities that BST does. (Zero.)

"Intending" for BST to melee alongside their pet may have worked for pre-ilvl days when it wasn't expected to be reasonable to be whacking things 30+ lvls over your own. Since day1 tho, SE has not done a single thing to the design of the job that actually assisted/encouraged the playstyle of master melee. BST has zero JAs to support master melee, and the only JT that can be referenced is Fencer, which is situational at best. Every single aspect of the job was designed around our pets. If there were even 2-3 logical reasons for me to want to swing away next to Patrick, then I would consider it. As it stands, I have yet to encounter any situation where it would be more beneficial to melee myself than to not do so. If I want to whack things with pointy objects, I have other jobs that specialize in that. XD

I wasn't really expecting much out of AF+3 for either of my two fav jobs (BST and BRD), and my expectations were fulfilled on both fronts.. Rather confused why exactly it is that Reward potency values on body/feet were both further increased for instance, as the normal 119+1 versions were already well over cap when paired. Was kinda hoping body would get converted to potency II at least. ><;; And while you may consider this set a DD set, I see no real attack+ to speak of, its nothing but acc+ ._.;; Even last month's Ambuscade set has more non-niche uses than what we got on AF119+3 ><;;
    (5)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    My reply was to your statement of: "Yes, SMN has become the new BST but unlike BST it was clearly supposed to, hence the SMN is a mage with little to no melee traits/abilities/gear."
    BTW, BST AF119+3 -- head has pet:acc+40, body has pet: dt-10%, gloves pet:haste+5%, legs pet:atk+40, feet pet:acc+30 atk+30... can't really say "zero pet stats" but compared to SMN stats, it does make me wanna cry :"(

And my point was that SMN now has access to enough acc to melee alongside pet as well, and has basically the same amount of melee traits/abilities that BST does. (Zero.)

"Intending" for BST to melee alongside their pet may have worked for pre-ilvl days when it wasn't expected to be reasonable to be whacking things 30+ lvls over your own. Since day1 tho, SE has not done a single thing to the design of the job that actually assisted/encouraged the playstyle of master melee. BST has zero JAs to support master melee, and the only JT that can be referenced is Fencer, which is situational at best. Every single aspect of the job was designed around our pets. If there were even 2-3 logical reasons for me to want to swing away next to Patrick, then I would consider it. As it stands, I have yet to encounter any situation where it would be more beneficial to melee myself than to not do so. If I want to whack things with pointy objects, I have other jobs that specialize in that. XD

I wasn't really expecting much out of AF+3 for either of my two fav jobs (BST and BRD), and my expectations were fulfilled on both fronts.. Rather confused why exactly it is that Reward potency values on body/feet were both further increased for instance, as the normal 119+1 versions were already well over cap when paired. Was kinda hoping body would get converted to potency II at least. ><;; And while you may consider this set a DD set, I see no real attack+ to speak of, its nothing but acc+ ._.;; Even last month's Ambuscade set has more non-niche uses than what we got on AF119+3 ><;;
    I don't disagree in the flaw with the design, personally, the fact that BST has no real melee traits or JA's other than Fencer is disappointing but let's be honest here, just having ACC on their gear does not even remotely allow SMN to melee as well as BST, even minus traits, can.

The way I see it AF gear has always been poor for most jobs bar a few, to see what was put on it though does make me wonder about Relic, and Emp though as they were always the better gear and if they follow the same pattern could be immensely good sets again.

And yeah, more Reward potency is ridiculous. Should have stuck to what they had and as you said, added "Reward" Potency II for the rest.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jakuk; 12-14-2016 at 06:06 AM.

Character
    Kyrai
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    All I can say is I'm sick of SE doing stuff like this to my favorite job...
    (3)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast