Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Catch up mechanics for omen 20 hour lockout?

I feel that some of the best gear in the game bar none coming from a form of content with a strict 20 hour lockout timer might cause a huge issue. Especially since you'll feel greatly encouraged to do this content every single day or you'll fall behind due to the 20 hour lockout timer, eventually burn yourself out, and not want to do it anymore.

It's going to be a really huge problem, and going to be as bad as every other MMO where if you don't cap your tomes...I mean do your omen for the day you'll eventually fall behind on gear.

Can there be some kind of catch up mechanic? Or have the KI stack? Or if you miss a day you can get 2 KI's the next day, 3 the day after, 4 the next, stacking up to 9999 perhaps? Or like voidstones/traverser stones that keep stacking up forever, or assault tags(with no limit though!) etc.

Anything to make us not have to do this every single day?

I do not like design that tells you "you have to do this every time the lock out timer is over or you just screwed yourself over for x amount of days and are forever behind everyone."

We should be able to play the game at our own leisure and not feel the need to do a certain form of content every single day because you can only do it once every 20 hours and it drops such insane gear in comparison to ANYTHING else in the entire game.

Please add some type of catch up mechanic that allows you to "skip" days but not be punished for not doing the content every single day.
    (6)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 12-13-2016 at 04:46 PM.

Character
    Vaelira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Not going to get any sympathy on this one.
    (6)

Character
    Topace
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    the once a day thing it stupid it doesn't work in this day in age. Its to late to try to change this back to 2006 SE.
    (5)

Player
    Haven't even done the event and complaining already ><;;; It's a daily thing. If you miss a day, you lose out on only that one day's worth of possible loot. I'm more likely to gripe about what appears to be the cost for these things.... We may be looking at a bare minimum 1.1mil purchase (from guild npcs) per upgrade, not including crafter fees >_>;;;;;; I'll complain later after I do my runs w/ LS if it turns out to be true. Will hold my tongue till then at least tho. XD
    (3)

Character
    Clemontine
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 5
    A system like the old Assault one where you can store up uses might be nice, or store up KIs, say, up to five, but only be able to purchase one per JPM, would be acceptable.

Nya-chan's right tho.
    (1)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    It's a daily thing. If you miss a day, you lose out on only that one day's worth of possible loot.
    That's literally the point.
    (1)

Character
    Clemontine
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    That's literally the point.
    There need to be rewards for actively playing the game every day. Otherwise, the "hard core" players get nothing over the "casual" ones for putting in more effort.
    (1)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by PristineChicken View Post
    There need to be rewards for actively playing the game every day. Otherwise, the "hard core" players get nothing over the "casual" ones for putting in more effort.
    That doesn't have anything to do with the issue at hand. The issue is that if you do not do your omen every single day, you'll fall behind, even if you play 10 hours a day.

Feeling forced to do something every single day isn't fun and leads to burn out. A system to store the KI for later use(like almost all other content in the game) would be perfect.
    (1)

Character
    Clemontine
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    That doesn't have anything to do with the issue at hand. The issue is that if you do not do your omen every single day, you'll fall behind, even if you play 10 hours a day.
    That is exactly the point, though. The disagreement is that we think it's okay, you don't.
    (1)

Character
    Topace
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I don't even care about that. I'm more pressed over the fact that we can can only do it once a day and only get reward for the job we go on. What about the jobs that don't get invited? Are we suppose to wait a month to gather enough cards to trade for 1 piece of equipment?
    (4)

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast