Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Very simple. It was meant to be this way. Fujito and the rest of the devs spent a long time explaining why they went this way and it makes sense. They were aiming for the oldschool vibe w/ required teamwork/coordination/communication and non-instant gratification with a reasonably large payout at the end.
    Alright, so you want the game to be worse because "its oldschool!".

That's fine, but content like this will do more harm than good for the game and lower the already small player base to even smaller numbers if we continue to get content like this.

By the way, 20 hour lock out =/= effort/accomplish. You have to earn your game in all content in the game, adding a 20 hour lock out doesn't make it require anymore effort to earn. Not sure why you think that way but it doesn't actually make any logical sense.

I was thinking about it right now, and I was like "I should probably do omen because I need stuff from it and it's 1 day lock out" but then I realized "Well, but I don't feel like doing that content right now,and I don't like doing chores/dailies, so nah, I'll pretend the content doesn't exist at all instead.

20 hour lockout = chore/daily.
    Chores aren't fun.

If I wanted to play a daily/chore simulator I'd play one of the other numerous "standard" mmos.
    (7)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 12-16-2016 at 02:22 PM.

Player
    The event isn't even well design. Did people actually go in? Because some objectives are honestly speacking quite insane.
    (2)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Translation: I want to be able to spam omen so I can get my gear right away and not have to wait, so that after I'm done getting my gear I can sit around and wait until the next gear content comes out!

That's pretty much how I translated the first post...
    (3)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Teraniku View Post
    Translation: I want to be able to spam omen so I can get my gear right away and not have to wait, so that after I'm done getting my gear I can sit around and wait until the next gear content comes out!

Forgot: "While moaning about the lack of content."
    (3)
    Last edited by Jakuk; 12-16-2016 at 11:47 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Alright, so you want the game to be worse because "its oldschool!".

That's fine, but content like this will do more harm than good for the game and lower the already small player base to even smaller numbers if we continue to get content like this.

By the way, 20 hour lock out =/= effort/accomplish. You have to earn your game in all content in the game, adding a 20 hour lock out doesn't make it require anymore effort to earn. Not sure why you think that way but it doesn't actually make any logical sense.

I was thinking about it right now, and I was like "I should probably do omen because I need stuff from it and it's 1 day lock out" but then I realized "Well, but I don't feel like doing that content right now,and I don't like doing chores/dailies, so nah, I'll pretend the content doesn't exist at all instead.

20 hour lockout = chore/daily.
    Chores aren't fun.

If I wanted to play a daily/chore simulator I'd play one of the other numerous "standard" mmos.
    It has nothing to do with what I want. It is what the devs want that is going to determine the nature of any content, and the most that we can influence is mostly limited to tweaks or bug fixes. (It works like that with pretty much any software business/product btw.) I am only "defending" that what they went with is a valid design choice regardless of whether we like it or not. The content isn't nearly old enough to really be able to say anything against it other than "But I want to spam it so I can get my stuff now!" Currently, even if you are not in the mood to run Omen, you can still grab a KI which starts the timer ticking, then run twice the next day (after 20hrs passes.) So, if you want, you can reduce the "chore" aspect from "once daily" to "twice every other day".

Instead of whining over the 20hr lockout, we should all be whining about the actual imbalances in the event itself.. Which are rather numerous and have yet to see any widespread complaints over. Trusts and pets not counting towards objective completion is a big one in my opinion. Kinda hoping that is related to the bug which is affecting Vagary atm and not actually intended. Certain objectives being nearly impossible for the majority (like 2k+ melee hits, 15k non-MB, etc) might need to have their required values toned down a bit.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Teraniku View Post

I hate generalizations like this.

I do absolutely think 20 hours is way too long but most critically because it shapes who you want to do the content with.

Also, a ki storage system would be better. They've done it before with VW and Abyssea.
    (6)

Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    I hate generalizations like this.

I do absolutely think 20 hours is way too long but most critically because it shapes who you want to do the content with.

Also, a ki storage system would be better. They've done it before with VW and Abyssea.
    I am not the target for this content since I am nowhere near ready to do it, but even a limited KI storage like salvage would be better. It wouldn't break anything to let people do it a few times at once every few days vs every 20 hours only. This sort of nonsense is completely not pick up friendly. No one is going to want to make a pick up group for an event like this. It's contrary to how people are playing the game now.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    It is like Salvage. You can store 1. It's still extremely limiting.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I agree that 20 hours is too much. I think they should be more like Assault tags, where the NPC can store a few for you that build up over time and you can hold a KI yourself. Ideally, the system would be setup so that if you log in and play at the same time everyday, you should have accumulated something like 3 KI in 24 hours. This gives you a lot of flexibility to do a few consecutive runs, giving you opportunities to run with multiple groups and different people if you wanted to. You wouldn't worry about being choosy because those KI would be wasted if you didn't use them.

I think 3 is a good number because a low-man group just farming trash and objectives would only clear the 1st two floors, making it a 20-minute event x3 for a total of 60 minutes of content in one day. A strong group would probably clear the entire zone in 30-40 minutes and 2 hours of content per day seems reasonable for a group like that.

Here's hoping for an adjustment sooner rather than later.
    (1)

Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    For those saying it helps with slowing content progression and forces you to pick and choose who you're with:

I've always been of the mind of loving PUGs. Yeah they suck sometimes in some MMOs, but with a community driven game (such as MMOs) should you be able to have a successful run from the entire community of the server? Instead of defending it and saying "oh it relies on other people stop QQing" you're essentially defending it by defining your community to just be your linkshell and active friends. No more than that.
    (4)

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast